Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6733 6734 [6735] 6736 6737 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806160 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101010 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:05 am »

Level Ates usually are nightmarish, once you actually think about them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101011 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:44 am »

You're going to be too tired to even eat that bacon, dudebroman. Good luck.
I'm storing it up. Getting my own bank accounts again means starting with an empty accounts and shitloads of bills. This way I can have a cool grand or so as a cushion so I can start having my bills pull directly without having to freak out about whether there's money in there or not. Cause writing a bunch of checks and mailing them each months SUCKS.

Plus, I need still need to repair my computer and I need some fallback money in case I can't land a new job in the next couple of months.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #101012 on: March 11, 2013, 10:10:01 am »

Did Earthworm Chim start the trend of Level Ates?

Damn, that game looks fun to play (have seen a playthrough), but the quality seems to vary wildly between levels.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101013 on: March 11, 2013, 10:11:17 am »

Yeah, I've got a brutal next few weeks ahead of me, too.  Good luck to both of us, man.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101014 on: March 11, 2013, 10:12:41 am »

Level Ates usually are nightmarish, once you actually think about them.

I wonder, if the walking candy is sentient, where does the sentience begin with candy and where does it end? Am I eating a thinking being when I eat some of this delicious ground-cake? Is this strawberry milkshake I'm drinking from a waterfall cursing my name as it gets slowly melted down in my stomach? Thinking about it, if the milkshake is sentient, does that make each droplet sentient or is the milkshake itself more like one living thing or a hivemind? Am I basically being a genocidal monster to them or simply chopping bits of them off one by one and drinking it?

Level Ates are weird.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:14:19 am by Fniff »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101015 on: March 11, 2013, 10:16:11 am »

Not to mention that the entire place is going to be a shithell covered in mold eventually.

Also everybody's stepping all over your food.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101016 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:54 am »

Unless the whole land is actually a living organism that constantly regenerates itself so mold doesn't happen for the same reason that we aren't all covered in mold. Maybe the creatures are some sort of a bizarre ecosystem within a living creature with all the creatures being a product of the creature itself rather then symbiotic? It makes sense since the creature must be the size of a country at least that it'd need it's own ecosystem to sustain itself and keep out outsiders trying to eat the precious candy. Maybe it's not even an ecosystem but an auto-immune system and you're the intruder? That'd explain things in like platformers where everything is trying to murder you...

That would totally fuck with my head if I was just playing a platformer at age 8 and I found that out. That's like something out of Instruction For A Fruit.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101017 on: March 11, 2013, 10:24:22 am »

Fact: candyland candy is made of candyman crap.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101018 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:06 am »

I prefer my theory that the land itself hates you and wants to murder you despite being made completely out of candy.

I'm reserving that idea, by the way.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #101019 on: March 11, 2013, 10:44:13 am »

Fuck your snow. I've got rain. My weather is superior.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101020 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:04 pm »

I'm probably going to bomb this homework. It is a terrible slog through mental gymnastics I'm unprepared to deal with. Don't even question how you can have "slog" and "gymnastics" in the same metaphor, it's managed to happen. Maybe the air through which I'm meant to be gracefully soaring is made of swamp. But it's okay, because my grade is sufficiently padded that I can still get an A, and it turns out it probably won't be the entire underpinning of the rest of the course. And whenever I do manage to see the pattern that solves the problem, it feels wonderful, like I've managed to defeat some sort of tremendous dragon, by way of thinking at it hard enough.

At some point, mathematics becomes witchcraft of the highest order, and I'm pretty sure that point is exactly when you stop being able to do everything you need to with elementary operations.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101021 on: March 11, 2013, 12:53:39 pm »

There appears to have been a sudden spike of awesome in my youtube subscription box, with 6 rahokus videos (8-bit musik), one weebl video, one mrsolidsnake video ("on eight floppy drives") and a probably moderately funny jacksfilm video. Yay. Wich reminds me, RAKOHUS IS BACK FUCK YES.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:15:13 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #101022 on: March 11, 2013, 01:02:24 pm »

After weeks of cutting back on caffeine and calories. I feel barely functional, but I have lost 5lbs and have only borderline high blood pressure. This is a vast improvement to the "how long do I have until organ failure?" high blood pressure.

Unfortunately this means I am an old man.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101023 on: March 11, 2013, 01:08:54 pm »

Dude, that's really cool.  I need to work on my health, too, because nowadays every time I take medicine or whatever I can feel my organs protesting... and yeah, I'm only 23.

*high fives*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101024 on: March 11, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »

Fact: candyland candy is made of candyman crap asbestos.
How else could it be so delicious?
Pages: 1 ... 6733 6734 [6735] 6736 6737 ... 13325