Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6719 6720 [6721] 6722 6723 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826299 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100800 on: March 08, 2013, 10:12:14 am »

Mulling a kickstarter campaign for my game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100801 on: March 08, 2013, 10:31:10 am »

Happy Birthday to Reudh :D

Even if it's early c:

Thankyou, Haspen!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100802 on: March 08, 2013, 10:52:49 am »

Do you have the resources to set up a website for it? Having a solid website to direct people to for details and having an existing community centered around it will both help improve your chances, and shelling out for some adspace on the right networks can probably help you get that community going in the first place. Of course these are all things that the resources of a successful kickstarter would be pretty useful in getting established >______<

Anyway, doesn't matter so much if your goal is pretty low. It's not until you get to the point of asking for enough money to not work a day job for a year that I think those become important prerequisites to a successful kickstarter. Regardless, you'd get a pledge from me. Good luck, whether you go for a kickstarter or not. I'm always happy to see games I can ransack for ideas.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100803 on: March 08, 2013, 11:01:39 am »

Do you have the resources to set up a website for it? Having a solid website to direct people to for details and having an existing community centered around it will both help improve your chances, and shelling out for some adspace on the right networks can probably help you get that community going in the first place. Of course these are all things that the resources of a successful kickstarter would be pretty useful in getting established >______<

Anyway, doesn't matter so much if your goal is pretty low. It's not until you get to the point of asking for enough money to not work a day job for a year that I think those become important prerequisites to a successful kickstarter. Regardless, you'd get a pledge from me. Good luck, whether you go for a kickstarter or not. I'm always happy to see games I can ransack for ideas.
As it sits, I'm looking to pay for publishing costs, professional editing and formatting, and artwork. It would be great if I could not work a day job, but honestly, the costs of editing, publishing, and art are between half and all of what I made last year, so the bar is pretty low. I made a little over $8k last year. I don't have the resources currently to set up a website, and I probably couldn't even think about setting one up that looks professional. Ads, at the moment, are unfortunately not terribly feasible. Maybe Kickstarter isn't the right option right now. :/

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100804 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:06 am »

As it sits, I'm looking to pay for publishing costs, professional editing and formatting, and artwork. It would be great if I could not work a day job, but honestly, the costs of editing, publishing, and art are between half and all of what I made last year, so the bar is pretty low. I made a little over $8k last year. I don't have the resources currently to set up a website, and I probably couldn't even think about setting one up that looks professional. Ads, at the moment, are unfortunately not terribly feasible. Maybe Kickstarter isn't the right option right now. :/

$8K? ye gods, dude...I can't imagine living on $18K, much less 8.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100805 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:59 am »

Well Max, things like this tend to go better when you work together with other people, as opposed to doing it all yourself.

I'd say start putting something together in one or more existing online communities that'd be receptive to it, and once you have something to show, you can start putting together a kickstarter to showcase that, link the communities to it (facebook and such makes a good medium too), and explains your plans for the future.

If you want, I can hook you up with a web designer who I know personally, who'd be able to build something per your specifications on an affordable budget.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #100806 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38:24 am »

Happy Women's Day everyone!  Don't let the straw feminists bite!
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100807 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:45 am »

I already gave out dianthuses and roses to women today :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100808 on: March 08, 2013, 11:45:39 am »

Wait, you're supposed to give out flowers? First I've heard of it :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100809 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:35 am »

Crap, I obviously scheduled a date on the wrong day then.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #100810 on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:32 pm »

I've been meaning to ask this one girl out, but have been postponing it due to cowardice. I thought I'll announce it here, so that I'll have to do it now to protect my ego and all.  :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100811 on: March 08, 2013, 12:41:37 pm »

Wait, you're supposed to give out flowers? First I've heard of it :o

You filthy 'Murricans dun have proper and glorious Communist traditions? Funk at ye, old chap, and may your top hat always be assaulted by pigeons with digestive problems v:
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100812 on: March 08, 2013, 12:42:49 pm »

Haha, I initially read that as "persons."  Gave me a double-take.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100813 on: March 08, 2013, 12:44:40 pm »

Haha, I initially read that as "persons."  Gave me a double-take.

I wanted to send you flowers too, unfortunately, I have spend all my money and flowers on other ladies :P

Happy Women's Day to you Vector and all other ladies C:

EDIT: Educate thyself, men v:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:49:37 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100814 on: March 08, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »

Ohhh... thank you :-[
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6719 6720 [6721] 6722 6723 ... 13326