Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6706 6707 [6708] 6709 6710 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15834692 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100605 on: March 05, 2013, 03:16:50 pm »

I'm surprised how often polyamory comes up in this topic. Lets see what am I at by this point...

I'm married, 4 girlfriends, 2 boyfriends, and another girl I'm interested in that I haven't tried talking to yet since I don't go out of the house that much anymore.

So 7? More 8, I count marriage as two since I pay twice as much attention there.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100606 on: March 05, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »

Banner Saga: Factions is REALLY FUCKING FUN.

Also, met cute guy who is so similar to me as to scare me, sometimes. Cute, though~

Unfortunately, he lives on the other side of the lake.

The lake that's bigger than some countries, and a few states.

In another city.

... For probably 3 years. Or more.

bluh
D'aww, I knew you loved me.

He's a Canadian kawaii gay viking.
He's a facepunching epic dwarf Michigander.
Together they fight crime!

@Janet: I salute you. That would just get way too complicated for my tastes. I mean, if you have a BUNCH of folks who are really laid-back and have little to no hangups, then it works.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:25:23 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100607 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:44 pm »

Discovered the existence of the show Betty White's Off Their Rockers. Basically the revenge of old-people stereotypes.

AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAHH! I got my CWB certificate today. I am now a certified welder. Feelsgoodman.jpg
Care to build a motorcycle that can go 1000km/h? Or tank armed with multiple plasma turrets?
Akura i am afraid of your well-being in any of these vehicles.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100608 on: March 05, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »

I'm re-watching Madoka. God, this is a good anime.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100609 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »

go watch the new movies, theres a new arc in the last one.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100610 on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:13 pm »

He's a Canadian kawaii gay viking.
He's a facepunching epic dwarf Michigander.
Together they fight crime!
LOOOOOOOL!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100611 on: March 05, 2013, 04:53:32 pm »

I have eleven copies of my book.

One of them is going to be mailed to Douglas Hofstadter :D  Awwww yeeeeah.  Feeling good today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100613 on: March 05, 2013, 05:04:48 pm »

You wrote a book?
And didn't tell us?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100614 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:26 pm »

Russian poetry translations.

I can't say much more because I really don't want this account linked to me in real life, but we have the single best version of this "untranslatable" person's work, bar none, out on the market right now.  Trust me... I had to do a lot of reading >_>  So it won't make much in the way of money, but this is a triumph for Art.  The person in question is extremely talented but a combination of Soviet censorship, WWII, and American attitudes during the Cold War (combined with some very shoddy translators) mean that their work has never gained much of a profile in the West.

You wrote a book?
And didn't tell us?

Oh, and by the way, the first print run for my book arrived yesterday.

Well, there was this :D  But I kinda kept it a surprise.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #100615 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:51 pm »

You wrote a book?
And didn't tell us?

This is probably the poetry translation thing.

edit:NINJA'd!
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100616 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:58 pm »

wait what there are movies

Oh, I'd bet $50 they're almost entirely clip shows. I don't know why animes always do that. Whenever an American show does anything similar, it's recognized as the lazy money-grabbing embarrassment is.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100617 on: March 05, 2013, 05:15:41 pm »

wait what there are movies

Oh, I'd bet $50 they're almost entirely clip shows. I don't know why animes always do that. Whenever an American show does anything similar, it's recognized as the lazy money-grabbing embarrassment is.
yes the first movie pretty much summarizes the series and movie#2 ends it but theres a new arc that will continue onto the third movie whenever that comes out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:17:56 pm by Tellemurius »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100618 on: March 05, 2013, 05:20:13 pm »

I have recently discovered Schlock Mercenary and ADOM.  So I have something to hold me through until my parents stop being suspicious of me playing video games on my laptop, and I can return to doing that in peace. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #100619 on: March 05, 2013, 05:22:34 pm »

Schlock mercenary has remained on of the only webcomics I read daily. If for no other reason than Howard NEVER misses an update.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 6706 6707 [6708] 6709 6710 ... 13326