Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6702 6703 [6704] 6705 6706 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835468 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100545 on: March 04, 2013, 08:13:26 pm »

So Master of Orion 2 is probally one of the best games ever. And I finally know that firsthand now. Man. This came out 15 years ago and it feels like it hasn't aged at all. I had to actually force myself to stop playing for a bit since I realised it was somehow 7pm now when last I remember it was 4pm

I was just playing that last night. Such a good game. And such a pity MoO 3 was such a letdown.

I'd love to see a sequel that was an updated version of MoO 2.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100546 on: March 04, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »

This just sounds like a challange frankly. I've been getting so minute amounts of sleep none at all doesn't seem like a big jump. Regardless, We'll see. I'm going to take down a record, for posterity (i.e. when I'm 35 I will laugh at my silly self and wonder about them hallucinations). I was going to write in word, but maybe a post onto Bay12 is better? Will send it to myself when it is finished of course.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #100547 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »

Do not play with sleep deprivation.

You know I wasn't gonna comment on this. But I will since I have some relevant things to say.

When I took my first semester at the community college here I was so fixated on keeping fucking off and doing nothing that I decided I just would give up sleep. What followed was a month and a half of missing time that my sister thought I was awake for the entire duration of, and I have almost no memory of at all. I suspect I was unconscious/sleeping for a few minutes off and on a day after a point.

I remember the aftermath though. I spent at least a week in this strange off and on near high that resembled way overdoing it on THC via brownies or whatever. I was barely functional, could barely move around and spent more than 80% of the day sleeping some times. I lost nearly 30 pounds, looked even more deathly pale than usual and I had gained faint bruise like circles around my eyes that still persist to this day. I also puked anything and everything I ate for a good 3 days while I was recovering since I was so damn light headed. I don't know if I was hallucinating, or how badly. But thinking back to that time or attempting to is extremely terrifying, like if I saw things I intentionally forgot.

For the love of god don't fuck around with sleep deprivation. It's feeling like dying that never ends past a point.

And the worst part is despite that I failed the class I was actually worried about.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100548 on: March 04, 2013, 08:27:44 pm »

I need to make more of these spears. Get a small set of throwing weapons. Cheap ones to make, too. And with some staples, I can make some swords.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100549 on: March 04, 2013, 08:32:51 pm »

So Master of Orion 2 is probally one of the best games ever. And I finally know that firsthand now. Man. This came out 15 years ago and it feels like it hasn't aged at all. I had to actually force myself to stop playing for a bit since I realised it was somehow 7pm now when last I remember it was 4pm

I was just playing that last night. Such a good game. And such a pity MoO 3 was such a letdown.

I'd love to see a sequel that was an updated version of MoO 2.

I remember Free Orion was a fanmade attempt to make a similar game.  Not sure if it's still running or how good it is (I never got it to run on my old computer.)

MOO2 gets really irritating in the latter stages however, it makes Dwarf Fortress micromanagement seem like a cakewalk (MOO1 is better in that respect, but worse overall as a game.)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100550 on: March 04, 2013, 08:36:07 pm »

As the guy who once stuck a metal skewer into a a socket it to find out what EXACTLY it would do, this sounds quite difficult. But-uh, well. I have challanged myself, I have no tests or major assignments this week to screw over, and I'm fond of stupid ideas. And of course, if it gets too bad, I'll just stop.

But I won't. I know it's bad. I know your body repairs itself during sleep. I know sleep is needed to remain sane. I hear delusions start after 48 hours. I'm even looking it up to know what i'm in for. From that I learned not sleeping decreases ability to learn and mood. But I'm young, stupid, brash, and Need some work done between my massive goofing off my attention span will not fix. This is post one of Stupid Idea on Record #1.
Also this section here gives me a free card:
Recovery of cognitive function is accomplished more rapidly after acute total sleep deprivation than after chronic partial sleep restriction.[2] Chronic deprivation is the more common in everyday life. Just one night of recovery sleep can reverse adverse effects of total sleep deprivation. Recovery sleep is more efficient than normal sleep with shorter sleep latency and increased amounts of deep and REM sleep
Given my probklem with chronic partial, I think I'd like a example of Full recovery after Acute Total.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100551 on: March 04, 2013, 08:46:17 pm »

This sounds like a horrible idea. You should start a thread so that interested parties can observe your descent into madness reactions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100552 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »

Cool. That should go in general discussion right?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #100553 on: March 04, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »

Yeaah, throwing in with the no-sleep-bad thing. I operated on 2-3 hours of sleep daily (with slightly more on the weekends, and the occasional near-full-day crash) for most of my middle school years.

I don't really remember them. At all. But yeah, GD'd be where that sort of thing goes, generally.

Re: Free Orion, it seemed to be coming along pretty well the last time I dipped into it. Even got some kind of server based AI thing going for single-player now, though I'm not really sure how it works exactly.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:53:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100554 on: March 04, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »

I'M CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET! FROM HOME!
Wonderful, wonderful day!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100555 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:13 am »

The total crash in productivity at work today makes me happy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #100556 on: March 05, 2013, 01:28:13 am »

I've concluded that endless curry is impractical. It always starts to spoil after about a week, and I'll put my health at risk no further. However, the pizza I ordered to replace it is delicious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100557 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54:05 am »

Guess who's birthday it is today!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #100558 on: March 05, 2013, 02:55:56 am »

RA RA RASPUTIN
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100559 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:00 am »

March the 5th? Why it is the birthday of King Henry the 2nd!
Pages: 1 ... 6702 6703 [6704] 6705 6706 ... 13326