Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird spawning.  (Read 484 times)

2xMachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird spawning.
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:03:06 pm »

I had a Frogman spawn in the middle of my fortress... Poof, out of nowhere. Standing right near my old front door (which has since became my backdoor garden, where the garbage dump is also situated...)

Was just mass dumping stones from an area I just mined out. And I got spammed by Interupted by frogman. Now, I already have lots of this problem near my pumping station (UG river), so I ignored it a bit. Then, "Wait a minute, they shouldn't be going anywhere near the river." So I looked around, and saw the bloody thing smack right in the middle of my fort. Luckily, my legendary miner (Cook, but mooded, and made a floor hatch) was nearby, and I just drafted him to kill it with his pick. Not before injuring some passing dwarves though. Luckily, 2, 3 grey wounds only.

Anyone knows how the heck it ended up there?

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
Re: Weird spawning.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:17:40 pm »

It could have possibly been cloaked.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird spawning.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:23:30 pm »

I've had this happen with fire imps before. Usually this happens when there's any kind of path out of where the monsters are. Even if it's a path they can't feasibly reach (such as a staircase above the water), sometimes they do. I'm not sure how, but they do. Either clear the river of mobs or completely seal off all access to it would be my suggestion.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325