Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Its Crazy Time!  (Read 2643 times)

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
Re: Its Crazy Time!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 01:50:35 pm »

You should repeat this in every city. Later, level up, gather the survivors as followers and become God-Emperor. Go and commit genocide on the lesser races.

Must do this.

And I think Pundik attacking the merchant was what started it actually. I'll try recruiting people and getting them to attack theyre kinsmen.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 01:55:37 pm »

Member of civ attacks another civ member= Gets branded enemy
Person who attacks also gets branded.
Eventually you'll get one dude standing left, for example, Fidel Castro.

So how does this get written about on Legends?
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

wehll

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer stunned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 08:14:25 pm »

I hope someone can figure out how to reliably start these sort of conflicts.  I'd also like the ability to attack someone from stealth, say, by throwing a rock, and have the victim think it was someone else who threw the rock.
You're not throwing bricks?

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 08:23:24 pm »

I hope someone can figure out how to reliably start these sort of conflicts.  I'd also like the ability to attack someone from stealth, say, by throwing a rock, and have the victim think it was someone else who threw the rock.
You're not throwing bricks?

Interestingly enough...  The name came from a passing desire to throw bricks through car windows.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 10:07:23 pm »

Pretty simple, IIRC if you attack somone in the town you start in, you get marked as an enemy. Anyone who attacks you will then get marked as an enemy, and so on.

So attack somone, let them attack you, escape and watch the fireworks.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 02:28:50 pm »

Pretty simple, IIRC if you attack somone in the town you start in, you get marked as an enemy. Anyone who attacks you will then get marked as an enemy, and so on.

So attack somone, let them attack you, escape and watch the fireworks.

This didn't really work for me. At all. I created someone, smacked a shopkeeper, let him hi me one, and the entire down just dogpiled me. No random killing sprees. Does it not work in the recent test builds?

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 02:40:22 pm »

This didn't really work for me. At all. I created someone, smacked a shopkeeper, let him hi me one, and the entire down just dogpiled me. No random killing sprees. Does it not work in the recent test builds?

This is the same experience I have had.  I don't think it's a matter of using a test build.  This is how I think it works:  You attack a random townsperson.  As a result, every nearby mobs you, except for the archers/crossbowman.  They start firing at you, with little regard for the fact that their arrows are hittings their kinsman.  These attacks cause them to be registered as enemies, too.  If you have enough of these accidental conflicts, things start to go all screwy, people take sides as best they can, and civil war ignites.  Pretty realistic, actually.

Whether or not you are a member of said civilization probably makes little difference.  I'm tempted to mod a world of humans, for the town-based fun, and then make an adventurer-only race with a million damage block and incredibly weak attacks.  Then I'll start punting babies and see what happens.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 04:24:49 pm »

You have to do at least 1 quest for the town so you are marked as a member of the civ.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 08:40:34 pm »

You have to do at least 1 quest for the town so you are marked as a member of the civ.

I thought you were given an associated civilization when starting an adventurer (disregarding Play Now!).  Though there could be more at play.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 09:41:56 pm »

I must do this.
Congratulations, you have started what will soon be a Civil War of epic proportions. I hope you're happy. :D

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 11:11:01 pm »

This has gotten me thinking.

What if you used an adventurer to wipe out every sentient creature on the face of the world, then committed suicide? Would the game let you start a new fortress?

From my knowledge, your starting 7 are "generated" rather than extracted from the Legends, but is a parent civ necessary to start a new fort?

If you did this, would you still get immigrants?

Someone should try this on a pocket world.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:44 pm »

This has gotten me thinking.

What if you used an adventurer to wipe out every sentient creature on the face of the world, then committed suicide? Would the game let you start a new fortress?

From my knowledge, your starting 7 are "generated" rather than extracted from the Legends, but is a parent civ necessary to start a new fort?

If you did this, would you still get immigrants?

Someone should try this on a pocket world.

Yes and no. If the parent civ you choose to start with is wiped out, you get 7 Dorfs, no wagon and no immigrants; those are the only 7 Dorfs inna world.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 11:49:52 pm »

Sweet... I think it's time for a Dwarven jihad!
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 11:55:59 pm »

Urist McArab Cancels Jihad: Interrupted by John McWesterner, Human Rifleman
Urist McArab has exploded in gore!

Also:
Phantoms Guide to Screwing Around In DF
  The Loyalty Cascade
Become a Merc of chosen civ by completing a quest, attack a member of that civ, let the person attack you, they will be branded an enemy.
The person who attacks the person also gets branded an enemy.
Cue Civil War.

The Automatic Quest Maker
Get killed by the local wildlife.
Make a New Adventurer, talk to mayor and he will give you a quest involving that wildlife.
More coming soon.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 01:30:47 am »

The Loyalty Cascade
Become a Merc of chosen civ by completing a quest, attack a member of that civ, let the person attack you, they will be branded an enemy.
The person who attacks the person also gets branded an enemy.
Cue Civil War.

So this is how this went for me... got task, killed giant, completed task, attacked a shopkeeper, was hit by shopkeeper, was killed. No cascade. Are we sure this works?
Pages: 1 [2] 3