Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rare calcite clusters in non-flux sedimentary layers.  (Read 640 times)

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
Rare calcite clusters in non-flux sedimentary layers.
« on: February 27, 2008, 05:07:00 am »

The title pretty much says it all.  It's hard enough to find sedimentary layers that don't have an aquifer.  If there could be a few random large clusters of calcite in shale, conglomerate, etc maps, that would be awesome.  It introduces the same kind of randomness in finding flux that you get in finding other special kinds of rock.

And it wouldn't have to be all that common.  Maybe between a 1 in 2 and a 1 in 3 chance of finding it on any given map containing sedimentary rock.  This would make embarking a lot more exciting for me because I might take a risk on a non-flux sedimentary site that I wouldn't have taken otherwise.

Adon * Amil * Orethan

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Rare calcite clusters in non-flux sedimentary layers.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:19:00 am »

Perhaps just having limestone deposits around underground rivers/ponds?  That might be nice.  It would also give a notification of when people are getting close to the water supply, as the dampness doesn't extend beyond the first adjacent tile.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Perhaps just having limestone deposits around underground rivers/ponds?  That might be nice.  It would also give a notification of when people are getting close to the water supply, as the dampness doesn't extend beyond the first adjacent tile.</STRONG>

This is the way it used to be (cave river in the 2D version), and should be again, I think.

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »

That's a great idea.  Just put limestone around the cave river/pool.
Adon * Amil * Orethan