Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Holy [carp], Fellow Modders! Custom Workshops!  (Read 4301 times)

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: Holy [carp], Fellow Modders! Custom Workshops!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »

Hey, I'm just saying nobody's going to play a misspelled WW2 mod. I mean imagine it!

Sragent! Get yr Mean to teh Mordor! Blauw up teh Garmen Pantser tunk!

Actually, I would play that. If only to blauw up a tunk.

It would be like Battlefield: Lolcats.

...what was this topic about?
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 10:15:11 pm »

Borgly Borgles traversing the labyrinth of the Star Jelly Dispenser to get the sweet succulent boiling Star Jelly while watching dwarves boiling into gold vapor.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2009, 10:24:08 pm »

Maybe the tentacle demons are the ones extruding star jelly.

Tou know the unknown substance in HFS?, that's star jelly. MUAHAHA.... HA!

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2009, 01:17:17 pm »

How about a workshop designed to make thermonuclear cats, which can be set to a lever in case of goblin/orc attacks.  I know it won't be possible now, but maybe sometime in the future....

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2009, 05:09:02 pm »

Until we can make proper creatures instead of vermin, that won't work either way, sadly.  Body parts are essential to the thermonuclear catsplosion.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2009, 09:58:50 pm »

Incidentally, what happens if you make a vermin with a ridiculous homeotherm value?  Do they just die and that's it?

Also, Shadetree, I love the library idea.  I wonder, though: is it possible to make an item that takes an unusual skill?

I mean, I assume the way your library works is that it has reactions that take in one book and output a book of the same sort every time, gaining skill as if the user had created an item using that skill.  Thing is, I think using a book of any sort will just end up giving the skills required to make a book.

It might be possible to have separate books on stone, wood, and bonecrafting, at least.  You'd just have to make the stonecrafting book have stone covers.

Or ooh, maybe you need to take an item of some sort with you when you read.  A piece of stone furniture for a masonry book, for instance.  Then the new piece of furniture produced would provide the skill.  Although the quality of the item would change, which is kinda weird.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2009, 12:08:10 am »

I'd use them to make blocks out of any substance I can think of.

Compressed booze blocks, anyone?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2009, 12:34:37 am »

Well, you could make a "Read a Masonry textbook" job that use the Masonry skill. I don't think that skill and materials are hard-linked.

And you could make it so that it requires a Masonry textbook and produce a Masonry textbook 95 times out of 100. This way you'll need to replace them only once in a while.

BTW, is it possible tor equire 2 skills for a job? I mean, writing a Masonry textbook should require both a writing skills and the masonry skills.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2009, 09:02:21 am »

I think my first workshop will be one that refines salt water. It's always bothered me that dwarves can master magma but they can't figure out how to work a condenser.

After that, I'll probably mod in a kitchen that requires fuel (or magma) but produces higher quality food. I'll be nerfing the base value of food though, since it's poorly balanced right now.

Then I'll try to find a way to smelt cats!
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2009, 09:27:47 am »

I think my first workshop will be one that refines salt water. It's always bothered me that dwarves can master magma but they can't figure out how to work a condenser.

After that, I'll probably mod in a kitchen that requires fuel (or magma) but produces higher quality food. I'll be nerfing the base value of food though, since it's poorly balanced right now.

Then I'll try to find a way to smelt cats!

Urist McForgeoperator has made FelineSmelting, an artifact Adamantine Cat!
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2009, 09:49:21 am »

Don't get your hopes too high up, guys. Moods, fluids, power, and animations are the main thing that WILL NOT be moded-workshop-capable. Also, as far as I've seen, making things like the current craftsdwarf workshop will also be impossible.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2009, 01:40:45 pm »

Don't get your hopes too high up, guys. Moods, fluids, power, and animations are the main thing that WILL NOT be moded-workshop-capable. Also, as far as I've seen, making things like the current craftsdwarf workshop will also be impossible.

Crushed! Crushed! All our hopes and dreams, crushed in a single post!

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2009, 01:56:15 pm »

I think think there will be plenty of use for the custom workshop so I remain undeterred and quite excited!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 02:01:48 pm »

I think think there will be plenty of use for the custom workshop so I remain undeterred and quite excited!

It seems with hopes renewed we march on to this great battle of the Modder! For all Modderkind!

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 05:31:43 pm »

Yeah, not really sure where all of these crazy fluid/power ideas are coming from.  Workshops, people.  The things that make beds.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5