Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [ Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty ] -- New Steam Broadcast Edition  (Read 18851 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

You have a SNES emulator, right? How about Super Ghouls n' Ghosts?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (TEMP. OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors.
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 04:35:29 pm »

Okay, I'm offline for the time being; but I'll return later.

In the meantime, here's a summary of what happened:
-Played some Space Hulk on the 3DO. Tons of Genestealers ate metahl, any casualties locked the game. Which was surprisingly few.
-Played Return Fire on the same system and got close to beating the game before I got bored, along with other viewers popping in and out.
-Next up was some Road Rash 64. It was fun.
-And finally, it was decided I play some Majora's Mask. One set of days have passed, and I'm normal again.

Later tonight, I'll be continuing from there.

Did a bit more Majora's Mask. Ugh, that game wears on you.

Another set of 3 days passed. I at least got the basics, and learned the routines a little better.

I also decided it would be fun to screw around with some chickens, and use them as a pinata. There was only one chicken inside the barn, but somehow, he had friends coming from just about everywhere. Apparently, chickens don't like swords. I was lucky to get out of there alive.

Oh, and I also collected 5 (1/4) heart containers, totalling my overall life at 4 hearts. YAY!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:22:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 10:25:57 pm »

Huh.  I didn't know this feed was back up tonight, so I missed it.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (TEMP. OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors.
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 12:02:48 am »

I also decided it would be fun to screw around with some chickens, and use them as a pinata. There was only one chicken inside the barn, but somehow, he had friends coming from just about everywhere. Apparently, chickens don't like swords. I was lucky to get out of there alive.

It's a running gag in the LoZ series. Attack a cuckoo, and you'll summon an unstoppable cuckoo horde who will kill you.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors. (Starting in an hour)
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 11:00:22 am »

Alright, I'm going to get started on livestreaming again. I'll start in maybe an hour.

I'm going to play a nice little game called Flashback: Quest for Identity to start. It's the Dos cdrom version; so there will be a few things different; like higher quality movie clips, and voice. Aside that, the rest of the game is rather the same.

Featured presentation: Death Tower
Password: REPLAY

Made it to level 4 (Earth)
Passwrod: NPCAI

I'm surprised I got fewer viewers than I thought. Shame really. I wanted to show off Death Tower to anyone willing to take on the task of replicating it for invasions/captives. Oh well.

Here's the map you can work with.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
While the video is still there On-Demand, from 1:06:58 on, you can watch me kick the Death Tower's ass.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:33:45 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Okay, starting up Livestream. Enjoy!

I'm going to finish up this game.

Beat the game. It was nice. But annoying. I had to ragequit and play a bit of Road Rash 64 and Star Wars Pod Racer to vent.

I followed it up with the ending for the console version for comparison. Next game played was a bit of Zero Wing, then some Double Dragon; but due to how annoying the control were, I switched to Sega Master System; after sying at the 4th stage, I decided to Outrun for a bit. Made it halfway through the E-Route, and made it to the beginning of the end (though not checkpoint, RAEG) of A-Route. I'm done for the time.

Since we're back to the SMS. I might try to beat Zillion again, and this time, not trap my guy at the bottom of an elevator shaft like last time. To make that suck even worse; I was so very close (within 15 minutes) to beating the game.

All else fails, I'll probably play some Alien Syndrome or something.

Did I forget to mention, I HATE Morphs?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:47:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (ONLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors. (Now with Voice)
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 02:20:28 pm »

Okay, I'm online.

Excuse how I sound. Tell me to shut up if I sound too annoying.

Okay, I managed to get a timed speed run of Zillion with limited communication interruption. I tallied the time between 1:50-1:55. Not bad for a classic game like that. Sorry if I bored anyone with it, but I'd like to see anyone else take on the challenge. For added challenge, upon obtaining Champ, I'd like to see someone make the 300 (game) second run back home with Champ... Not as easy as it sounded huh? My time to beat is somewhere within 3 spare seconds. When I say he's slow, I mean it. To add insult to injury, he can't jump high.

SHADOWdump, you're an evil, EVIL person. Flintstones deserves a thrashing from an angry video game nerd.

Did a bit of pod racing; obtained "Bullseye" Navior, the teletubbie. I did not realize just how good his racer is.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:19:56 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors. (No more Voice)
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »

Offline now. Played some 2 player games with my nephew, starting with Sonic 2m and then attempted Double Dragon, and played some Super Smash Brothers 64.

It was fun. He's a handful to deal with.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:11:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors. (Bah, screw it.)
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 06:01:06 pm »

Fine then ZChris. I'll keep mine shut off.

I did however state in OP that I may come about unannounced.

Oh, BTW it was days in advance when I announced what I was doing anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:13:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

When.  I was all like,
Quote from: zchris13
YO PEEPS I'MA BE PLAYING ON FRIDAY AROUND 4 GMT-5

A good couple of days before it happened.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

For anyone that misses the good old days of livestream setup; we can still have it. I figured out that if you add "/old" to the end of your livestream link, it should be back to classic mode.

Now that the lameness of the new style should be out of the way, I could get back to livestreaming again. Anyone up to watching anything? I'm open to ideas.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost

I, for one, will watch anything. So booored. Although I am downloading eleven things, which may or may not be a problem.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Somehow I came across Sofia's channel, and decided to look back at some of her doom playing. I can't believe she did the fists only run in E2M2 and I wasn't there to witness it. She didn't beat my time however; chatting aside.

My time, if I remember correctly was: 8:35, All enemies, secrets, and items. It was harder than it sounds; and had I not been recording at the time it was made, I probably would have done about 30 seconds better. I used to have the video on Youtube; but removed the video and account for my own reasons.

Which reminds me. I'm up to all sorts of challenges, if anyone is willing to toss any at me. Name the game and the challenge, and I'll cross my fingers that I can accomplish it. And no beating JRPGs (in the original language) without any knowledge of the Japanese language. That would be beyond unfair. BTW, that sounds more like a smart-ass challenge I would call out anyway.

I still have Space Mutiny if anyone's interested. I also got a handful of new games as well.

I'll probably be on until 3 anyway; so no real point advertising aside changing the headline only, and maybe the sig.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:27:15 am by Itnetlolor »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And no beating JRPGs (in the original language) without any knowledge of the Japanese language. That would be beyond unfair.

It's doable!  I've done it a few times myself (not as a challenge, of course).  It's still a horrible thing to challenge someone to do.

...maybe I should get back to doing stuff on my LS, but then again, I've been MMOing a lot more recently.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think playing just about any Japanese game without understanding the language would be more like watching recent action movies. I mean, you can care less about the plot since you don't really understand it anyway, but you're there for the action anyhow; or the action is all you can understand.

It doesn't help that I got the Japanese Rosetta Stone, and barely touched it; and I only know a few words by verbal memory (Maybe went through lessons 1-3 (of many in Level 1) before my brain burned out, and I got bored.). As for the phonetic characters, Kanji, Hirigana, and Katakana, I don't quite understand how to read/recognize them just yet; Romanji is the best I know, used more for speaking (and, according to what I came across online, asking someone that is Japanese to spell out the phonetic characters in Roman characters; or vice-versa if you know the word, but not how it looks in the proper characters.) however, than reading.

I wish there were easier ways to learn, but as far as I remember, this is the closest thing to how I learned Spanish, and learned it well. High School level 2 Spanish, however. My teacher in that class spoke 90% of the time in Spanish (it was her teaching method, and her primary language as well), and it was probably the quickest I ever learned that language. I mean, I can translate some words that pop up on the spot, and have a rough idea of what's being said. I guess if anyone were to be able to read my thoughts as text, it would look similar to the Al-Bhed translations as you play throughout Final Fantasy X (and X-2). In that format, I can at least gather the context of the situation, and figure out the rest of the conversation.

Not the best method of understanding things, but for the time being, it works. Too bad my mind is more Latin-tuned; it just makes learning/translating Japanese that much harder, since it's not a Latin-based language.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6