Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [ Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty ] -- New Steam Broadcast Edition  (Read 18856 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: (ONLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 10:05:45 pm »

Hey, if you wanna Starcraft, I'm open to Starcraft. I must warn you I suck at everything after playing DF for a year and not really caring for winning so much as entertainment value.

Which is perfect for a stream, so it works out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 08:10:56 pm »

Okay, I'm up. Sorry about the front page (Not updating the "tonight" part) and the minor delay.

Who's up for battle?

My version is with Brood War v1.05. We're using Battle.net.

We'll discuss how we're going to go about it (map and whatnot).

CONCLUSION:
Duke didn't show up, so I attempted a round against the computer, and I got zerg rushed by Terran units; while I was playing as the Zerg. How ironic.

So, after that, I hassled trying to get AOE2 to play, but unfortunately, there's no way to play the game windowed no matter what. So that's off the list.

And with that taken care of, I decided to play a bit of Zillion for the Sega Master System. I was doing the best I have in a long time, on the verge of beating the game, but after doing a second sweeping of the game to make sure I got everything before plunging through the third zone (deep blue), I did a wreckless thing (shaft jumping by dropping down sans elevator), in a spot I thought would lead into the 3rd zone. Boy was I wrong. It was a dead end. I had to reset and go through again, from the beginning :facepalm:.

Ending stats:
Maxed out/level ground. The regular barriers only did 40 damage to me, compared to the 120 at the beginning, while I had up to 820 life! AUGH! Full blaster, 3 of 5 disks, a ton of ID cards, and 1 entire zone/maze left without a problem. Had I not been trapped, I could've beaten the game in less than an hour. My fastest time yet, without savestates/scumming.

You can see the frustration right there.

Oh well, until next time! See you again!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:40:20 pm by Itnetlolor »

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
Re: (OFFLINE) It's set. So let's net some LOLors.
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:55 pm »

I'm a little surprised that the streaming software only works with windowed games. Seems odd.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:35 pm »

Well, actually it works with fullscreen games. It's just that I'm interested in the commetary that goes on during combat.

Plus, I don't like the hassle of wrestling with the color scheme that flips out once in awhile with the game (like the game goes from one set of colors to a different set, or the contrast goes awry).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 08:21:37 pm »

And we're offline.

End Results:
I beat my old scores on Space Cadet Pinball.

I decided to play XCOM, and died every mission, whereas the rest of my crew was just fine, and then the saving glitched, and as if that wasn't odd enough, loading the same slot yielded in a lack of a base. And to my surprise, it seems the craft don't need fuel, because I have yet to see any crash days after running out of fuel. Strange.

And then a game of Doom2, on Ultraviolence difficulty, I beat level 8, but am having a hard time with level 9. I died quite a few times; however, I did manage to kill 2 mancubi with berserk fists alone.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:29:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 09:04:04 pm »

Offline now. Spelunkied.

I had some fun. I think a majority of what happened were unlikely circumstances and plans working, no further progress has been made, but interesting solutions have been made use of.

Lots of cavemen were sacrificed to man-eater plants, and man-eaters sacrificed to Kalima and spikes. Lots of exploding toadies, and blood. It was a night dedicated to Armok alright. And those poor damsels. I think they're in more distress as long as I have them in my custody. I'm a true gentleman, applying the "ladies first." rule by heart.

Oh yeah, I've been witness to at least 3 woman-eater incidents during my broadcast. Sure, it was a helpless situation, but it was hilarious too. :P

Well, I'll see you next time!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:39:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 09:33:12 pm »

You should of brought more quarters.  You could of kept playing.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:37 pm »

Okay, online. Being a ninja, Gathering gold.

And we're off

Well, it was fun. I made it to levelset 08, I think. And man, does that get rough.

I then decided to play Warning Forever, and nearly reached the boss-levels quite a few times. But failed.

After that, I decided to play Touhou, made it to the 2nd level boss on Lunatic. Almost beat her too.

And after that bout, I decided to play a bit of pinball, 2 Million is my new minimum score on my scoreboard now. I need to improve my skills.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:52:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 04:28:33 pm »

8 million last time I checked. WOOOHOOOO!!!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 10:35:52 pm »

Feed's closed.

Well, that was something.

First, I lost tons of N Progress, and had a spectacular fail-fest with the second set of levels; not much after that. Although, having recursive feeds playing at once with your feed playing in someone else's you're watching is fun for awhile, until it's just nothing but BLEAH!!! Then after awhile it does get boring.

Next up was a bit of emulation. Sega Genesis. I decided to take a crack at Sub-Terrainia on Hard difficulty. Holy hell, I'm not kidding, when it says hard, it friggin' means it. Higher gravity, with less fuel and shields. It was a miracle I made it to the beginning of Level 5. Probably the best I've done in that game ever. Aside beating it on Normal.

And last, but definitely not least, Road Rash 3. Toony, I think you can take some lessons from me. I qualified 5 of 5 courses in the first set without cheating. Placing 1st on at least 2 or 3 of them. If only we can duel against each other... See who's better.

That gives me an idea. Lemme get Road Rash 64, and we can see who does best depending on certain factors. Cheating will only be allowed to have access to all courses and bikes. That way, we can choose what could work best for our skill.

Oh, and here's what my player looks like now after that faceplant earlier: (Not for weak of stomach)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:14:03 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 10:40:38 am »

Lookey what I found?

It seems the well known Windows 3D Pinball game turns out to be named Full Tilt! Pinball.

I don't recall if torrent site linking is allowed or not (seeing how difficult it is to find, alone, gives me reason to link at least the search results), but There's more than just Space Cadet 3D Pinball to play.

Wikipedia Article
(Torrent, even if search results, not linked just in case)

I might try these other ones out next broadcast. Maybe tonight, provided nobody else has any livestreamings planned.

EDIT:
HOLY CRAP!!! Major graphical improvements here. It's got better resolution (and options to set them) and crisper graphics and even smoother animation, compared to the windows-native counterpart. And that's just Space Cadet alone.

FURTHER EDIT:
Well, Skullduggery is pretty interesting. Incredibly easy to rack up points apparently.

As for Dragon Quest; it seems rather easy to get a gravity well for slaying the dragon. And as well, it seems rather easy to rack up points.

I dunno, I think that's something that makes Space Cadet awesome. Just the amount of depth put into it, with missions, and different triggers, makes Space Cadet just plain unique by comparison. Rather difficult to get good high scores on.

Which, BTW, I have finally breached 3 Million points in.

Okay, it seems these games don't want to keep my scores up. So I'll be logging what I collect (provided it's high enough to count) in a text file. Argh. I suppose, if I want to be lazy, I'll have to bite the bullet with a lower resolution. :-\
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:48:28 am by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »

I had a score of over 16 million in Space Cadet Pinball.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

Broadcast Over...

I had a score of over 16 million in Space Cadet Pinball.
Hey ZChris?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...You were saying? ;D

Well, It's been fun. I'm rather surprised at how well I did tonight. Sorry about that, but I'm still amazed at how I managed to obtain those scores. Really hard to duplicate.

As for Road Rash 3. Those damn cars... At least I did a good job keeping up despite all those collisions. Especially considering I had my bike towed a good 30 seconds behind the pack, and somehow placing 2nd or 3rd.

And Rambo III... wow, it's been ages since I played that game. I need a little more practice so I wouldn't die so freaking much. Nonetheless, Rambo was "The One" dodging bullets like a madman. Especially in level 3. Holy Hell, was that alot to deal with.

And as a closer, I decided to play a little Flashback; I just beat the first level, that was all. Nothing much of interest aside a speedrunning of it. I guess I should toss in an additional challenge, and play Hard Mode instead. I mean, I already beat the game on Normal.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:30:32 am by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 11:21:02 pm »

I WAS SAYING YOU MAKE ME WANT TO PUNCH BABIES.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Bumping thread. I might play soon.

I'm going to see how the 3DO is, seeing as I barely have any experience with it.

Here's a small list of games I collected for it so far.

-Star Control II (which was normally to work with UQM, like adding the movies or something)
-Return Fire
-Space Hulk (Which I decided to play first)

I'm also gathering some N64 games.
I just now got Road Rash 64. I also have:
-Castlevania 64
-Castlevania- Legacy of Darkness
-Legend of Zelda 64 -- Master Quest (already have some progress completed)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (just to see how it plays)
-Star Fox 64
-Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
-Super Mario 64 (at least halfway through the game)
-Perfect Dark
-Super Smash Brothers

I'm open to suggestions.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:54:14 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6