Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [ Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty ] -- New Steam Broadcast Edition  (Read 18845 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Sorry if the feed was choppy and a bit off-kilter. Apparently Livestream wanted to be the director in how everything gets sent out, and decided to send it everywhere at once.

Following Soli's example, I'm just going to keep Live and Auto-Record active so post-livestream, I can upload a higher-quality video in one piece, just in case anyone missed out on anything when/if it was cutting out. Plus, I think Procaster was chewing up the most resources doing what it was doing before (although it's a bunch of blanks and 1-minute clips, I have a complete 1-hour smooth recording on my end I'm sending out). So yeah, I fixed it now, and am following a better format of livestreaming.

That was pretty fun nonetheless, and I look forward to more broadcasting. I also have Armored Core, but I'll need more time to get familiar with that before I feel confident enough to record it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:03:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think I have all the other bugs in the broadcast stomped out (though the colony is still at large with memory leaks). Everything else aside, thanks to Solifuge, I should be able to broadcast at a rather watchable FPS at least (15-24 FPS; 20 average), and without having to sacrifice too much to get it working. Don't worry, in case it wasn't good enough the first time around, the on-demand should be something else (as the first clip would show).

I'll have to free up some time, but it wouldn't hurt to know when a good time to broadcast would be.

EDIT:
Prequel missions (P.0) are being uploaded (Missions 1-5a) 5b was what I chose first time, and this is not canon to my actual progress. I was far more thorough in my playthrough initially.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:14:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

New Home (Unless it's a temporary address. If that's the case, friend me, if you haven't already (Globe under my avatar).)

Having tested out my new rig for livestreaming (Pretty much what I was doing first weekend since upgrade), I have been keeping a nice smooth 60FPS at Ultra, or at least acceptably awesome settings, while the audience can also get a smooth 30FPS with a pretty minimal delay in stream difference (-/+ 5 seconds?). Naturally, I'm speaking of Steam's livestreaming service. So far, I can deliver quality video, while potentially providing quality gaming; as for personal commentary, I'm uncertain.

Feel free to look through my collection (and reviews, even). Feel free to give suggestions (Minecraft art and such), challenges, and even a curious insight into some games (wanting to play, or I have in my collection that I have yet to actually play through, or even a review playthrough (I'll try to keep things as spoiler-free as I can get it, I guess; but I can't guarantee anything.).).

If anyone has anything else they'd like to say, feel free to speak up.

As for games I know I have progress in I don't mind continuing:
-Minecraft shows plenty of space to drop some art.
  =From my airship megaproject, to my art project world, to my wanderer's paradise.
-I have a game of Doom 2 in progress I'm plowing through on Ultra Violence (halfway through, I think, No secret levels yet, but close.).
-I can continue my game of Xcom Terror From the Deep that I've had going for a good while.
  =I can even show my final saves of UFO: Final Mod. Not a UFO will evade my forces.
-While at it, I can even continue my modern Xcom Enemy Unknown game.
-I just started GTA IV, and just got past the intro. So as of right now, I have some entertaining footage I recorded, and I can screw around in Liberty City for awhile, causing as much mayhem as possible, and showing off my driving skills.
-I can also play some Rocket League or Speedrunners, and show how my rank plays, and how much I (rock/suck) by comparison.
-I also have some interesting puzzle games in my collection. Lyne, may be rather minimal, but quite zen.
-I could also occasionally broadcast some music being played. (Audiosurf, Retro/Grade, SoundDodger, etc.)
-I also just started playing Planetside 2 again, and this time, I can play it competently. (Hardware issues overcome, at least.)
-And let's not forget some of the more artsy/escapism/trippy games in my collection (Mind: Path to Thalamus, Dyad, Retro/Grade, AntiChamber, etc.)
-We can always play some Dwarf Fortress, and see what else I can do with my fortresses.

That's what I have in mind off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:40:37 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [ Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty ] -- New Steam Broadcast Edition
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2016, 08:22:40 pm »

Just got Minecraft looking pretty again. Feel free to watch. I guess the link is active as long as I'm broadcasting, after doing some testing.

Apparently, prismarine blocks are glitchy, but that's the only issue. Let's hope I didn't overuse it.

EDIT:
Built more to my airship megaproject. in Minecraft. It's going slow, but looking good.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:40:55 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]