Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [ Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty ] -- New Steam Broadcast Edition  (Read 18849 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (ONLINE) Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty (I'm Back)
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 02:15:55 pm »

It's probably only going to be a short broadcast, but why not. I want to broadcast again. At least to showcase this very fun Unreal Tournament mod U4E. I already mentioned it in the HAPPY thread. It is insane, and I want to try this out against everyone.

Enjoy the show.

EDIT:
Sorry if anyone is jumping in and seeing nothing (or just replays). I'm still taking my break, and downloading the AirBuccaneers mod for UT2k4. I'll be back momentarily when it's installed and show it off a bit. (EDIT: Sorry it's taking longer than I wanted it to download.)

I definitely want to have a Bay-12 match with this mod. It's so freaking made for it.

EDIT EDIT:
Now it's installed. Going on air again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
And we're offline now. Thanks for watching. And I should have about 3 different replays going on in a loop. Feel free to watch them if you missed them.

Here they are (all of them are against Godlike (hardest difficulty) bots, not online players. That's what I'm waiting for.):
1. Low-Gravity grapple-match on DM-Morpheus3 using the IEM (AKA: Mover) gun from the U4E mod.
2. Ballistic Weapons in DM-Reconstruct (An awesome Angel Mapper level. And yes, the floors and walls do build solidly and everything before going through them. I even did 'playersonly 1' in the console to go through them.
3. A session of AirBuccaneers.

So, I'm split on whether or not I want to host some UT servers. I really want to play some of these mods against everyone. So if you're interested, hit me up and I might start a server or 2 depending on mods used.

In case you have any trouble installing any of the .ut4mod files, this may help you. Taken from the HAPPY thread.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:34:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

We should seriously see if we can organize a B12 Air Buccaneers game.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I've been trying to be able to host a server, but it seems the junkwar mutator that came with Ballistic Weapons keeps on preventing me from hosting either a standard or dedicated server. :(

Resolution found:
I just had to go to the main INI file and remove the JunkWar serverpackages from the list. That made things work.

Now to be able to host a dedicated server and also still be able to join. In the meantime, I'll make temp. servers as long as I'm online.

-Server names-
Regular UT2004 dedicated (or temporary server): +UT2004 Bay-12 Server+
Airbuccaneers 1.6: +Bay-12 Server+, Menaces with spikes of fun.

UT Server Stats:
UT2004's server's closed for now. Feel free to join in later.
ABUServer is closed. Feel free to join in later.
STATUS: They now work and I can go dedicated if I must. I still need to know how to join in on my own dedicated server now.

Requirements: U4E and possibly Ballistic Weapons (latest + bonus pack), and latest UT2k4 version.

The good news is, if anyone is interested in a match, I can setup a server.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:01:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I've been trying to be able to host a server, but it seems the junkwar mutator that came with Ballistic Weapons keeps on preventing me from hosting either a standard or dedicated server. :(

Resolution suggestions are welcomed.
Ah, that does cause some problems, have you spoken with the peeps at www.runestorm.com ?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Playing the movie Cloverfield in High Quality. Come on in, and enjoy the show.

---------------------

And we're offline. Thank you for watching. Now back to nerfing my video setting in case I film any matches online.

I might be willing to host a server for some Air Buccaneers (Unreal Tournament 2004 mod) if anybody is interested. We might have to setup an open server thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:21:23 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Gonna show my footage of Atlantis's final launch, feel free to watch.

Waiting for an audience before I start.

Oh, what the hell: Here's the footage itself, don't wait up.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:46:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

MOVIE SIGN! MOVIE SIGN!

Playing: Space Mutiny (MST3k version)

Come on in and have fun.

-------------------

Movies over. Hope you all had fun.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:37:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

If I got this down correctly, it's been 10 months, 1 week, and 1 day since my last post. Holy crap, it's been awhile. Then again, my last livestream technically was when I played Tron (the movie) the night before Tron Legacy came out.

Anyway, it looks like another Livestream trend wave is coming, and I also got my old Steam collection back; plus, I haven't been doing a whole lot lately, and it's beginning to bug me. I won't be broadcasting anything immediately, but just wanted to inform that since interest in these seems to have returned, I might try to get my channel online again. However, I'm still gonna keep the livestream status off my sig. It was getting inconvenient updating it as well as the thread all the time before and after broadcast, and not as many visitors anyway. Basically, I'm keeping it simple from now on and hope for the best.

Instead, what I'll be doing is posting in the thread title when I might broadcast, and maybe a heads up of what I'll be playing as well. I might also just throw away much of the other detail crap I had setup in OP (except for the links to the speedruns, those are personal achievements). Oh yeah, and regarding movie signs, I have a pretty much complete collection of MST3k episodes, so you name it, I play it. I also have all sorts of anime and some other shows, along with plenty of MAME games and all other sorts of emulation (NES, GB, GBA... You know what? I'll spoiler a screenshot and cut to the chase). So my crazy-huge collection of games is still there. As for my Steam games, just visit my Steam profile (link is in the little globe under my avatar).

Oh yeah, and for anyone popping their heads in my channel, that's the AirBuccaneers Mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 if you're wondering. I've been asked countless times in and out of the channel about it; might as well link to it.

Maybe after my vacation, if I'm up to it, I'll bring it back online. In the meantime, give me suggestions what you want to see me play. And preferably something I can play windowed so I can still respond. I still haven't gotten the fullscreen bit down; but I don't have much problem in using the mic to respond, however, I don't have the best recording voice (doesn't sound like what I hear when I speak). As for webcam, I don't think there's much to really see.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:24:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (LIVE) Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty (Let's get some victims.)
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2011, 11:03:22 am »

We're live.

EDIT:
Right, I meant the trap was live. APRIL FOOLS!

EDIT EDIT:
Anyway, I might still consider streaming tonight. To start, I suppose I'll try to play some Super Meat Boy, and after giving up on that, I might try out some Amiga games. Starting with Banshee.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:02:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

*Fistshake*
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (OFF) Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty (WARP ZONE!!!)
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2011, 05:42:52 pm »

After watching Vector's livestream, as well as having my newfound free time since leaving my workplace, I might actually get my channel reactivated to actually play some games again.

I'll need to know when a good time will be to broadcast. To start things off, I might go play some Super Meat Boy and have everyone enjoy the frustration of beating the remaining levels as well as some custom levels.

After that, we can always check out what other games I can play. I suppose to make up for the lost time, I guess I can always try to broadcast during Wednesdays, since that used to be the most common work day for me, and I want to get over that schedule.

I'll be spending my time for now rebuilding the channel since April Fool's Day back into something a little better.

EDIT:
Done changing the setting. It should be more fitting/appealing now. I also fixed the auto-play so it no longer constantly plays the intermission theme.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:28:51 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 07:24:10 pm »

And now from today onward, I am officially out of work (goodbye price adjusting, hello freelance graphic design). I should have more than enough time to do random crap again, provided my usual schedule allows for it. I'll see what I can do to keep a routine down, but knowing me, I wouldn't count on it.

Anyhow, I should be available again on Wednesdays now, and should be able to do whatever I feel like without having a work day getting in my way unless I find something to work on (sorry no "Let's Work"s will be recorded); I'll be freelancing though otherwise, but I won't be livestreaming any of that. Really, who would want to watch me working?

Like stated before, the first game I will play (maybe next Wednesday) will be Super Meat Boy. After many many deaths and my eventual frustration or boredom coming through, maybe we'll find something else to play. Suggestions are on display still, so feel free to look.

EDIT:
I do not know what the hell happened here, but despite my apparent 2-weeks being over with, my job is still calling for my assistance. Reminder to self: Never make any plans whatsoever. I may have to cancel next Wednesday's broadcast apparently because of this bullcrap.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:53:51 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2011, 12:47:07 pm »

Sorry about a lack of broadcast last Wednesday, but I will make up for it eventually. I'll be distracted for about another week or so, but I have managed to get PCSX2 (PC-platform PS2 emulator) to work a bit better, and having tested out my games (at least half of them so far), I have concluded that Shadow of the Colossus is indeed playable (albeit a speedhack or 2 is needed to get it running and sounding smooth). I'll have to do a broadcast test to ensure that I can broadcast it online. If it can work while being broadcasted, then it is officially an option to play through. I wish I can say the same about Gran Turismo 3/4, Soul Calibur 3 and Final Fantasy X/X-2/XII. XII is playable, but I don't think RPGs would be too fun to watch me play. Especially since I tend to grind early to make going through some story portions swifter, as well as to get the next hunt killed. Plus, I don't think they're entirely emulated, so speech and etc. may slow down a bit (although FMVs play beautifully, especially for XII). I am rather surprised at XII's performance nonetheless. Actually got the game kickstarted without any major hiccups overall. Back to topic...

To get a good benchmark of performance, I beat the first colossus (also to regain my bearings with the gamepad), but I can always beat him again if nobody has played or seen the game played before; plus, I can always defeat him quicker. I've already beaten it before, but I have a save somewhere in memory (PS2 memcard or somewhere on my computer), and can try beating the game in Hard Mode instead; although with some goodies I got from the time trials.

I might have more games, but I'll have to sniff them out from my sister's room (she has the actual PS2 unit; but I lack the proper hardware to broadcast from connection; reason for emulating instead).

I wish the XBOX was emulated already with some playability even, because I have plenty of awesome games I can play with (Halo 1 and 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Mech Assault, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell, being among them).

I know, with the Tom Clancy games, I could've taken advantage of the sale earlier, but I decided not to spend anymore cash for games I might not have time for yet, especially with my new conditions job-wise. Maybe sometime in the future; but for now, I'll be pacing myself again.

I can always play PSX games, some I had in the past, and maybe some anyone can suggest me to play. I already have a game of Parasite Eve in progress, and have no intention to restart (except to maybe get some story across quickly, and then load up my game from there; I already did some level grinding more for item hoarding. Primarily revives tools and mod permits). Plus, like with Final Fantasy and other RPGs, I doubt watching me level grind for an hour or so (while item hoarding) is really fun to watch.

Other PSX games I have that might be more fun to watch me play would probably be Moto Racer, Steel Reign, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3, Einhander, Mega Man X4-X6 and Legends 2, and maybe Silent Hill (never played).

Always open to more suggestions there too.

I also have N64 games, and plenty of them, but always open to more suggestions there. I can always continue my OoT: Master Quest, or Majora's Mask run, see how much Super Smash Brothers I can play through (but I might as well reserve the more to watch me play against my nephew, since that's more fun to watch; and for 6 years old, he's surprisingly good at it at times), I can also take on Starfox64 or Goldeneye64 if possible, or continue/restart my playthrough of Perfect Dark.

I'm always open to any suggestions. I am likely to pick up the game quickly (if new to it), and might even surprise you later on. Doesn't matter the system too much, as long as it plays well and can be played windowed (so I can read comments), I'm up for it. Name it, I might likely have it. Refer to my profile for any games I own on Steam you want me to play through as well (provided it won't chew apart my broadcast).

Anyway, after I return from NY next week (From Thursday to next Tuesday I'll be away), I should be able to setup a schedule for broadcasting if possible, and I might brave my nuance about my recorded voice and just go on. Until then, come up with ideas for what you want to see me fail or succeed in playing through. Just as long as it won't be too tedious to play (or setup and/or broadcast) and for everyone to watch.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:20:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: (ON) Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty (Jet Set Pew-Pew Future II)
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »

Gonna go live in a few minutes, I'll be continuing my game of Ace Combat 2 (PS1) from where I am; unless you want to watch me start from scratch. But how exciting will that be? I could make an exception and repeat that ravine mission again. That was a fun one.

BTW, I could always use a new clip to add to my replay loop.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: (ON) Itnetlolor's Letters of Uncertainty (Jet Set Pew-Pew Future II)
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 09:21:49 pm »

Le watchpost.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6