Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70777 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 3 - In Mafia, Noone Can Hear You Scream...
« Reply #735 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:58 am »

Do an analysis of everyone, I like what I'm seeing. If you really want to only do a few, at least do Zaithemaster and Frelock. If you really don't want to do that, I'll do it, it's your call.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:48 am »

Frelock is comming up along with Josh.

Although I havn't posted it, I already did a analysis of Zaithemaster and found his posts even better than yours or mine.  He's been less on the sidelines in Day 1 as he has been drowned out and he was active with what he gave.  He also attempted to stop the town-town wars that occurred.  Only way to mark him scum is to pull a "Too Town" argument.

That's the reason why I stopped you, Person: Not because I ONLY want those four searched but because I had done that search about the time you posted your vote on him. 

And don't wait for my analysis.  That's the POINT of my last batch of posts.  EVERYONE needs to be doing this.  I'm going to try getting Josh and Frelock's down.  If you want to beat me to it or search someone else then go ahead.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 09, 2009, 11:29:59 am »

Btw, web.  It would be VERY much appreciated if you could match up my results with your results from the power roles.  I KNOW you have a few that are Town based on your research.  I'm hoping between yours and mine we'll single out the last scum.

If you're in "Ignore him, he's scum" mode then consider this message for the next day.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 09, 2009, 01:59:47 pm »

Ok, time for Josh

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All in all... it looks bad.  Very bad.  Josh is aggressive and ready to attack people for bad actions.  He spots things like I do many times and is fast on the draw.  He's ready to vote and press people.  He likes to watch debates unfold to see where they lead.

Unless someone suspects Meph and Boksi.   Then OHHH NOOO, that's just wrong.  Why did you do that?  Don't you have someone else to target?  Perhaps you're scum.. yah that's it.  Now go back to attack someone else.

Web, Toony, Frelock (perhaps.. havn't done his analysis yet), Person.  You DON"T know my alignment.  You are scumhunting me and found me wanting. 

Josh.. you KNOW my alignment.  You know what it will look like once the flip happens, and you can just guess how Web and co will feel once it occurs.  If the town does that kill and doesn't have a backup, they are sitting ducks for the mafia. 

You KNOW I'm town, and last I checked, there's no Cop role.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 09, 2009, 02:02:08 pm »

Btw.
*KICK JOSH*

#&%$9 it I had to slog through 28 pages of your past posts for all that!  You were active in like 500 threads during this game, even when you were silent here.  I'm more worn out from you than Person and Diakron COMBINED!

I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 09, 2009, 02:29:47 pm »

Now, if you havn't noticed, I tend to suspect those who defend me.  I just get a "OMG scum's trying to use me to hide" reflex.  I keep it a VERY low matter but it's still there. 

Why?  Because when I'm town (and, excluding Religious mafia, I've only been mafia ONCE in my mafia-playing career, and that was on a very different forum than here) I know only two groups of people KNOW I'm town:

Me, of course
And the mafia.

So I know that everyone else that's honest do NOT know my alignment.  So, when you get a situation where the town is about to lynch me, it makes sense for the mafia, who KNOW, to jump to my aid.  Of course, it's safe to attack me when no one is bothered with me since it won't go anywhere.

That's a fallacy. Even though this is mafia, sometimes a townie just thinks another player is town, just look at Alexhans and me. Hell, it happens all the time!

Additionally, if you're town, why the fuck would the mafia want to save you? They WANT YOU TO GET LYNCHED! If a mafia member goes out of his or her way to save somebody, all that does is change a lynch victim from a townie to a person who could very well be another mafia member. There is that "buddy-up" factor, but they'd probably just make it look like fake helping and say something like "No, he's town. I just know it! You'll all see when you lynch him, scum!"
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 09, 2009, 03:03:01 pm »

Btw.
*KICK JOSH*

#&%$9 it I had to slog through 28 pages of your past posts for all that!  You were active in like 500 threads during this game, even when you were silent here.  I'm more worn out from you than Person and Diakron COMBINED!

I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that Dak, but deciphering epic WOT's isn't a well-developed skill of mine, especially when they seem to lack a coherent point. Could you point out the highlights in case there was something specific you wanted me to respond to?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 09, 2009, 03:04:59 pm »

1. the 'OMG scum is saving me' argument is a VERY VERY soft tell for me.  All  it does it keep me from instantly trusting those that defend me. 

2. The mafia's main goal in the day is NOT to get you lynched.

It's to survive.

Killing a townie is wonderful.. great.. a bonus, but they don't NEED it.  We could lynch one person, two people, 20 people or no one, so long as no scum die then they are content.  Remember, they have the trusty NightKill to actually do their dirty work.

This is why most of the town lynches in a game are done BY town, not mafia.  The town is bloodthirsty while the mafia, beyond novices, are NOT. 

What the mafia truly, TRULY care about is looking town.  They'll attack each other to look town.  They'll BUS each other to look town.  They'll save whoever they need to to look town. 

"No he's town. I just know it!..." We're not dealing with newbie scum that can't hold an argument.  We're dealing with people who are aggressive, willing to get into the spotlight, and can pull a powerful speech. 

"They'll turn the lynch from a town to scum."  Not when you know the town is tunnelvisioned.  Not when the town is so willing to kill that they don't even NEED a reason.  Then you can say whatever you want and know, KNOW, no one will listen.  When the day end and the player flips, a smart mafia won't even say "OMG you guys are scum!"  Meh.  A SMART mafia will say "look, we can salvage this.  This is what we do." 

What if they DO listen to you?  Well, just have someone you want them to target ready to go. 

It's been done.  Pandarsenic and Diakron did it TWICE in Beginner's Mafia 2.  He had someone that everyone felt was scum, let the town try to lynch him, then disrupted the bandwagon to aim at ANOTHER town instead.  The town split between the two, the one that was about to be lynched jumped on the other to save their own hide, and the mafia laughed.  They kept doing it until all that was left was both mafia, the 'saved townie' and a bewildered sideliner unable to make sense of it all.

If that was ALL that I based my lynch on, I'd be a fool.  Josh's 3rd day actions are just icing on the cake.  The real argument is in Day 1. 
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 09, 2009, 03:08:06 pm »

Btw.
*KICK JOSH*

I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that Dak, but deciphering epic WOT's isn't a well-developed skill of mine, especially when they seem to lack a coherent point. Could you point out the highlights in case there was something specific you wanted me to respond to?

You mean the summary highlighting all of the specific points as to why I mark you scum that I wrote OUTSIDE of the Spoiler text to allow for easy reading that you decided NOT to quote when replying to me, instead opting to reply to the contentless post following it?

Sure.

Josh is aggressive and ready to attack people for bad actions.  He spots things like I do many times and is fast on the draw.  He's ready to vote and press people.  He likes to watch debates unfold to see where they lead.

Unless someone suspects Meph and Boksi.   Then OHHH NOOO, that's just wrong.  Why did you do that?  Don't you have someone else to target?  Perhaps you're scum.. yah that's it.  Now go back to attack someone else.

Web, Toony, Frelock (perhaps.. havn't done his analysis yet), Person.  You DON"T know my alignment.  You are scumhunting me and found me wanting.

Josh.. you KNOW my alignment.  You know what it will look like once the flip happens, and you can just guess how Web and co will feel once it occurs.  If the town does that kill and doesn't have a backup, they are sitting ducks for the mafia.

I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 09, 2009, 03:23:19 pm »

You do not need to see this flavour text.  This is note the votecount you're looking for.

Mr.Person - Diakron
dakarian - webadict, ToonyMan, Cheeetar, Frelock
ToonyMan - chaoticjosh
Diakron - Zaithemaster
Boksi - Dakarian
Zaithermaster - Mr.Person

3 more days till deadline.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 09, 2009, 03:35:36 pm »

Oh, I guess I misinterpretted that.

Josh is aggressive and ready to attack people for bad actions.  He spots things like I do many times and is fast on the draw.  He's ready to vote and press people.  He likes to watch debates unfold to see where they lead.

Frankly Dak, you're putting words in my mouth. I don't recall ever defending Meph or Boksi, if that's what you're saying.

Also, just as MP said, that's a fallacy. I looked at your posts throughout the game, and I can't help but think "He's probably town". I told you this already, and I'd still prefer it if everyone reconsidered and could find someone else to pile onto. Preferably Toon, Boksi, or Diakron, as that's who I'm betting the scum are.

I have to ask this though, is something bothering you? You do seem notably frustrated.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 09, 2009, 04:00:46 pm »

I'll cut and past the part of the WOT that counts towards your statement.  Note that it's still long.
Defending Meph:

Defending Boksi:

Note there are no times when you even considered Meph or Boksi as mafia (until your post.. which is AFTER I mention it). 

Don't hang on to the strawman.  Your defense of me is the smallest piece of the issue. 

Btw, would you mind if you switched around that order:  Go for Boksi first?  Unless you have a problem there too.
I KNEW IT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 09, 2009, 04:31:53 pm »

Once again Dak, you're putting words in my mouth. You're interpretting these things to mean what you want them to mean as opposed to what I actually meant, is what I'm trying to say.

Quote from: Dak
Toon was the one that pushed for that bet in the first place.  He was ready to risk dying in order to prove Person as guilty.  As such, he was doing a lot more than just using josh's argument.

This is one thing that bothers me though, I still don't get why you keep on bringing up that bet as though it were actually significant. It wouldn't have proven anything either way, and if anything it was only a clever tool to push Toony around.

Note there are no times when you even considered Meph or Boksi as mafia (until your post.. which is AFTER I mention it). 

What is this? I didn't suspect Meph, sure, but I did suspect Boksi, I believe I said so in an earlier post.

Btw, would you mind if you switched around that order:  Go for Boksi first?  Unless you have a problem there too.

What is it that bothers you about me attacking Toon? People will say that he has few scumtells, but I don't believe that, and I have a hell of a hunch that says otherwise. It's like your taking me not going for Boksi's throat as a defense of him somehow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 09, 2009, 05:11:42 pm »

Hunches don't mean certainty.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 09, 2009, 05:33:25 pm »

@Point 1

The POINT to that was to show that Toony wasn't just using your argument to attack Alex, which is what you claimed when you attacked him.  He had his own agenda and was very bold about it, as represented by him accepting that bet.  It's not to prove Alex's or Toony's innocence or guilt, only to disprove your argument against him at the time and show that it was just reaching for straws.

Btw, my full argument was about how you attacked Toony to get him off of Boksi.  Don't Strawman please.

@ Point 2

Which earlier post?  Mind finding it?  Don't use the one where you plopped his name in after I accused you please.  Find one beforehand.

That you can't find a post accusing Meph and that you can't fight against my points where you did defend him, I guess you accept that you DID defend Meph.  That's worse beacuse Boksi isn't truly confirmed yet while Meph is a confirmed scum.

@point 3

in BM1 I felt that Jim and Vector were scum.  Web thought that Vector and I were scum.  At one point, we agreed to focus on Vector.  I made the mistake of breaking that and turning to Jim instead.

Turned out: Vector was scum.  Me and Jim were town.

Today: I believe you and Boksi are scum.   You believe Toony, Boksi, and Diakron are scum.

Put them together and you get a Boksi scum.

Toony has PLENTY of scumtells: just not TYPICAL scumtells.  I've seen him with me when we were both Religious(a form of mafia) in Religious Mafia.  I've seen him as town.  He has some very clear scumtells and town tells.  The fact that we named one (Toony Tunnel) subverted them, though, so this may be the last game where I can rely on them.  However, this game, he's shown his town tells.

So, I have his town tells and him showing a lack of scumtells to judge and you have 'a hunch' not unlike Web's 'gut'. 

Meanwhile you have your PM role and I have my argument when it comes to you.

But we BOTH agree about Boksi.

If you believe he's scum, and I believe he's scum.. why not go for him first?  With each mafia kill it gets easier to find the others.

You had no problems killing Meph even when you thought I was scum, after all.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60