Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70775 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 3 - In Mafia, Noone Can Hear You Scream...
« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2009, 04:53:12 pm »

@Josh

Considering you know Toony, what about him is exactly NOT Toony-town?

Note I don't say 'Normal town'.  We all know Toony-town doesn't act like how we want him to act.  We don't have time to hunt folks we don't like.  What makes him SCUM rather than his normal self?

Furthermore, is Toony your only target?  Any idea on who the other two are?

I wouldn't say I KNOW Toon, as I've really only played a handful of games with him, but if I had to say it, it'd be because scum toon reacts badly to tension. Not pressure, but tension. By that I mean the more 'serious' the day is, he gradually gets quieter and contributes less, opting to go with safer bets.

Where's the question?   ???

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 08, 2009, 04:55:14 pm »

Once again Toon, I know it's your style, but do you care to explain your choices to us?

More importantly, I have a stray feeling that you just want to follow WA around unquestionably. Stick as close to the confirmed townie as you can and be seen as town yourself perhaps?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2009, 05:01:42 pm »

Once again Toon, I know it's your style, but do you care to explain your choices to us?

More importantly, I have a stray feeling that you just want to follow WA around unquestionably. Stick as close to the confirmed townie as you can and be seen as town yourself perhaps?

Alright, I answered the Webadict thing a hour ago or so.

Sir Josh - For thinking Dakarian is town and for degrading my honor!  I will be most certain with you soon.  Not now though.  Sooon...
Dakarian - I posted some stuff about the previous page.
Cheeetar - Unfortunately, Webadict sees different so I'm not sure about Cheeetar anymore.  I did say he was Town a long while ago, funny that.  So I'll replace him with Diakron for this post and what Webadict said.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2009, 05:13:23 pm »

YAY!  Debate points.

You forgot a few people.  The total list =

ToonyMan
chaoticjosh
Zaithemaster
Diakron
Mr.Person
Cheeetar
dakarian
Frelock
Boksi

Thus you forgot Cheeetar (though you believe he's town), Frelock, and Zaith

Now, to dakarian. You simply have a terrible role that won't help us even IF you're town. Which you're likely not. Which is almost what you said to Alexhans. But you didn't vote him. You just told him he was being scummy and that he should stop. Not buying it... You were also very against the chaoticjosh lynch Day 1. I wonder why? You seem very buddy-buddy with Mephansteras. So does Diakron. You're also very against your own lynch, even with a terrible role. You seem very cautious when you vote people. You ask a lot of questions Day 1. A lot of stupid questions. And you're generally suspicious. Or is this not enough for you? Would you think it's better to keep you alive with that role?

1. Yes I'm a horrible role.  It's a reason why I'm not THAT much in pain of dying. 

2. Not vote for Alex?  I was one of the FIRST!  I started the bandwagon!  I voted for him when I accused him.  When I stopped voting, I stopped accusing. 

3. I wasn't against the reset.  I wanted confirmation first.  Someone had it, there was no reason to rush without getting it.  So I asked for it.  It was a simple thing to ask. 

4. buddy buddy with Meph?  How so, beyond him being under my radar?

5. I don't need to act suicidal just because my role is so horrible.  If you accuse me, I'll ask for a reason.  You could just end it by saying "I just think you're scum". 

6. Day 1 is half full of random vote and awkward questions.  Note that you weren't exactly acting sane early on either. :P

Look, if you want me to stop fighting you then fine.  If you're dead set to kill me then so be it.  Stop asking questions and leave me be.  If you ask more or accuse more, I'll answer you.  As it is, I'll die at the end of the day.  It's distracting me from my work.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 08, 2009, 05:26:21 pm »

Ok, on to more important matters.

Boksi needs to answer my questions/accusations badly.

Daikron seems wrong to me now.

But I can't find the final person. 
I KNEW IT!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 08, 2009, 05:27:44 pm »

So what happened that caused Dak to jump from neutral, to your most suspicious person? Especially since you said that you're inclined to believe he's town.

Well, it was mostly based on the arguments of my most trusted townies.  Considering that the top 3 people whom I'm near-certain are town are going against him, their arguments hold more sway.  Yes, it's partially bandwagoning, but I consider it relying on people I trust, both as townies and as good mafia players.  Their reasoning, especially web's point about there only being a limited number of people who can be scum, is what really makes me switch.

However, now it's nearly completely based off this quote:
Look, if you want me to stop fighting you then fine.  If you're dead set to kill me then so be it.  Stop asking questions and leave me be.  If you ask more or accuse more, I'll answer you.  As it is, I'll die at the end of the day.  It's distracting me from my work.

Nothing's more scummy than giving up.  I know; I've done it before as scum.  Thanks for making that post, dakarian.  Now I'm absolutely sure.  Vote dakarian.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 08, 2009, 07:24:42 pm »

@Frelock

I stand by my old statement.  Once you know the noose is on you, the best thing to do is to carry a scum with you.  I don't want my scumhunting to be smothered by WOTs of me defending myself uselessly.  I'd rather lay a trail.

About time I get lynched anyway.  You know I've never EVER been lynched in a mafia game?  Not even the random-happy RL version.  Not even when I'm scum (or religious).  Not even with entire towns aiming for my head. 

Btw, no, I don't want another "don't act like that.  Defend yourself."  If you think I shouldn't be lynched, go speak to Web.  Otherwise, focus on finding the scum that'll die tomorrow. 
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 08, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

Sad Dakarian lynch is sad.

At least metaly.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 08, 2009, 11:38:56 pm »

@Frelock

I stand by my old statement.  Once you know the noose is on you, the best thing to do is to carry a scum with you.  I don't want my scumhunting to be smothered by WOTs of me defending myself uselessly.  I'd rather lay a trail.

About time I get lynched anyway.  You know I've never EVER been lynched in a mafia game?  Not even the random-happy RL version.  Not even when I'm scum (or religious).  Not even with entire towns aiming for my head. 

Btw, no, I don't want another "don't act like that.  Defend yourself."  If you think I shouldn't be lynched, go speak to Web.  Otherwise, focus on finding the scum that'll die tomorrow. 

I don't think you should be lynched. I don't think I can convince anybody, however. I would say Cheeetar, Zaithemaster, or Boksi would be better lynches, if purely because Dakarian has been helpful with his posts, while I feel Cheeetar, Zaithemaster, and Boksi have been fairly useless all game. Since Webadict thinks Cheeetar is town, I'm going to go with Zaithemaster.

What's abnormal about what Dakarian is doing? (Besides the quitting thing, which is both stupid and scummy, so don't even both mentioning that.) He's been posting good info, he's posted his thoughts. I must be confused, please explain to me what exactly is odd about Dakarian's behavior?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 09, 2009, 12:15:34 am »

Mind if I advise that you hold back on Zaithemaster? 

I did a study on his posts on Day 1.  People have been ignoring him, but he's been up front in trying to stop us from mass killing each other when others were content to let us be.  If I can put someone closest to town (other than web, of course :P) it would be him at the moment.

Boksi's gone silent again.  If he doesn't post for the rest of the day, please note that he's NOT afk but actually lurking and reading this thread (as shown by his speed in replying the second time I asked for his prod, and by the Mod not replacing him the first time I asked).  He's hiding to dodge my question, hoping everyone would forget him again. 

Once a mafia is found, you can use his actions to find the others.  They like to random vote their own kind.  They like to apply pressure on them and call them out EARLY so that others who are more willing to kill can't focus on it first.  If the town pushes too hard, they bus the person.  If the town pushes but is willing to pull back, they break the bandwagon.  It's protectionism, and a good way to hide mistakes their partners are doing.

Meph applied all those links to Boksi.  I don't believe he meant to die so I doubt he red herringed it. 

The fun part is the last two.  Of them, I've filtered the list down to these four. 

chaoticjosh
Diakron
Mr.Person
Frelock

I don't think Toonyman has broken his metatells JUST yet so I'm willing to give him his town tells this game.  Zaith's Day 1 posts sound more townie than I ever have been.  Cheeetar sounds like a genuine novice town. 

Yes, Mr. Person, you're on the list only because I STILL have you neutral, and we can't have anyone under the radar anymore. 

What sucks is that there's VERY little to go off of.  Day 1 talk, I see now, only really works well when compared with other days.  Day 2's discussion was killed off FAST with web's bandwagon: A good move in the short term, but it shut down our scumhunting.  I believe we need to be well established Day 4 if we're going to survive.  As such we NEED as much info NOW as possible. 

I'll be blunt.. shut up about my 'giving up'.  When I'm on the noose I stop caring about whether I look scummy or not and, as those in BM1 remember, I DO get suicidal.  Vote for me, don't vote for me, just don't spam the damn board with it. 

So if you feel that Toonyman, Cheeetar, or Zaith are scum, you better bring some HARD evidence.

Boksi, you'll need hard evidence to not follow me to the grave.

You four, Chaoticjosh, Diakron, Mr.Person, Frelock: 

I believe two of you are scum and two of you are town.  Silence = scumminess at this point so get to talking and NOT about that stupid 'why you are town' BS.  I want to know which of you are scum.

I'll try to get some more analysis going.  If you're town, you'll do the same, even if it means going through the WOThell that is Day 1.  Whatever you believe of me and Boksi, there's two scum you need found very, VERY soon.
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 09, 2009, 12:56:23 am »

See kids? This is what I mean. Actual content posts. What makes Dakarian scum? I don't see it, although I've got a question for him.

Dakarian: If you still think I'm "neutral" but you think everybody else is "town", would that not mean I should be labeled as "scum"? You claim me still being neutral is a bad thing, yet it's your fault that I'm still neutral, so don't complain about it. If you think it's unacceptable you still label me as neutral, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! All you've done is throw WIFOM and then refused to question me to throw out a real opinion.

There had better be at least 4 WoT's when I get up tomorrow, btw.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 09, 2009, 01:05:46 am »

See kids? This is what I mean. Actual content posts. What makes Dakarian scum? I don't see it, although I've got a question for him.

Dakarian: If you still think I'm "neutral" but you think everybody else is "town", would that not mean I should be labeled as "scum"? You claim me still being neutral is a bad thing, yet it's your fault that I'm still neutral, so don't complain about it. If you think it's unacceptable you still label me as neutral, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! All you've done is throw WIFOM and then refused to question me to throw out a real opinion.

Neutral =! town.  Neutral = I don't know you.  Netural means I CAN'T put you off that list.  Neutral, however, means that you aren't on the 'kill' list like Boksi is. 

There's 3 others with you that are Neutral or, at best, 'worrisome' which is where Daikron actually is (The gut pushes him past Neutral).  I don't have a firm read on them or you.

The problem, to my theory two of my Neutrals are scum.  THAT is why I can't let you go, because if I let my Neutrals go I'm left without enough people to mark scum.

I'll look for more info, best I can.  Meanwhile, if you are town, then two of the other three are NOT town.  Spend less time wondering "why is this idiot still after me" and start wondering "Which of these folks are scummy?"  Don't be content to just wipe them all out: go hunt them down.

If you're still thinking 'defense' think this: If we have the final scum then that, by definition, leaves you town. 

Of course, if all you can do is complain about being targetted...
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 09, 2009, 04:14:26 am »

Neutral =! town.  Neutral = I don't know you.  Netural means I CAN'T put you off that list.  Neutral, however, means that you aren't on the 'kill' list like Boksi is. 

There's 3 others with you that are Neutral or, at best, 'worrisome' which is where Daikron actually is (The gut pushes him past Neutral).  I don't have a firm read on them or you.

The problem, to my theory two of my Neutrals are scum.  THAT is why I can't let you go, because if I let my Neutrals go I'm left without enough people to mark scum.

I'll look for more info, best I can.  Meanwhile, if you are town, then two of the other three are NOT town.  Spend less time wondering "why is this idiot still after me" and start wondering "Which of these folks are scummy?"  Don't be content to just wipe them all out: go hunt them down.

If you're still thinking 'defense' think this: If we have the final scum then that, by definition, leaves you town. 

Of course, if all you can do is complain about being targetted...

You're an idiot. You're trying to give me tunnel vision. Sorry, mate, I don't play that shit. You can't just say "These guys are the potential scum, everybody who doesn't vote them is scum!". That's the game scum plays, the town has no reason to pull shit like that.

Now, first off, you gave the wrong answer. What you should of done was asked us neutrals more questions so we would no longer be neutral. Instead you try and pit us neutrals against each other. Now, you're saying you have NO scum predictions besides Boksi? There's plenty of scumminess to go around. Take a stand, come on. Why are you content with lynching us "neutrals" when what you SHOULD be doing is deciding who among us is scum?

Then to top it all off, you try and convince me to lynch the rest of the neutrals with a totally retarded comment. "Don't be content to wipe them all out: go hunt them all down." What does this even MEAN? It sounds like the filler bullshit I see in self-help books. It kind of sounds like you want me to focus scum-hunting on the people YOU want me to scumhunt, which is stupid, everybody should be interrogated (minus Webadict). Next, you try and make defending oneself sound scummy AND try and avoid getting attacked by trying to motivate me to lynch along your list to prove my towniness. Brilliant, except I could just go find the ACTUAL scum without you telling me who to hunt. To end it all, of course, you make a retarded threat, implying that if I don't just follow you I'll get lynched. Good job, trying to make defending oneself look scummy when it isn't. That's real nice. Unvote and vote Dakarian.

I know, I know, I was your only advocate, but that post is just so scummy, it hurts. Nice try, scum. I don't care how long your posts were or what kind of analysis you provided, you're not really accusing anybody except Boksi.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 09, 2009, 07:10:45 am »

Wasting time.  That's not helpful, especially when I already have 3 votes on me :P

Very well, since Person's sick anything that doesn't show him as 100% town I better start on him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sum up:

A lot of the suspicion on him was based on his personality and his game theory.  While both need some serious work, those are null tells.  The rest of the issue involved hugging on Alex which is, again, a Null tell now that we know Alex is town.

What is more telling is that Meph tried to kill Person the Passive Scummy Way: bring up suspicion to get a bandwagon going, then slip away once it starts and avoid it like the plague.  Thanks him hiding well and me being a big as hell spotlight with my own personality, it was easy to do.

Boksi and Daikron bandwagoned on Person with very poor reasons.  It's less about Person and more of a bad sign for the both of them.  I still need to do an analysis on Daikron though,  but it helps to seal Boksi's case.

The rest of his dealings was defense, mostly since he had a bandwagon on him. 

The last thing to note was his post to defend Alex that caused me to pull away from him.  That really wasn't necessary and there is a very nice scenario that PersonScum would gain for pulling away form Alex that would kill the vig before the shot, possibly kill another active, and either clear PersonScum or bus PersonScum to clear MephScum and BoksiScum.

As such, Person is probably town ('probably' is the best you can get unless you die, flip, and return like Web :P).

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 09, 2009, 09:03:20 am »

Now we move on to Diakron

First off, Diakron has the old Toony problem: you keep getting that scummy feeling on him.  He just 'seems' scummy when you read him.  The problem is that you'll feel that even if he's town.  That means you actually have to filter that out before you can figure out just who he is. 

I hear people scream out "play better!"  I say meh to that.  Instead, we need to read people properly.  We solved it with Toony, thus leading to 'Toony Crazy'.  When we solve it with Diakron, we'll probably have a name for it as well.

So the fun part: trying to weed out the junk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well.. I think I found what makes people suspect Diakron.. at least in this game.  He rides arguements WAYYYYY too much.  Diakron's "craziness" is the 'me too' feel to his arguments and the fact that he just sits in confusion otherwise.

The question is: is that really his 'craziness" that we have to consider his personality or is this particular in this game.  If the former, then there's not much to really pin on him.  If the latter, it's passive lurking switching into passive aggressiveness+leader following: Scummy behavior.

The idea of having to run through multiple games to figure that out scares me. 

For now, I'm hoping that Josh's and Frelock's analysis will clear things up.  Otherwise, Diakron looks to be the biggest contender.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 60