Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70938 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 2 Deja Vu? I Hope Not Too...
« Reply #645 on: October 03, 2009, 04:10:07 pm »

Alex told Dak behind the scenes that things were going out of control, and Dak then jury-rigged a handy, palpable reason to unvote him and reverse the effect.
Warner and sony are the places to go if you want soap operas man... Haven't we paired up enough?  Dont we realize that it's a stupid mistake?  I can be scum with MR.person, dak, you, whoever... I can be town as opposed to any of you and I can be town with ANY of you.  The end.

Go for people because of themselves.  Once you get a flip. THEN start analyzing connections.  NOT before.
Also, Alex, I've played games with you before, but this is the first one in recent memory where you've resorted to insults, dismissals, flagrant sarcasm, and generally being offensive. You can claim this is all to stir reactions out of people, but when it comes to drastic changes in your personality, excuses only go so far.
Did you ever feel that you should'nt have signed up for a game?  This is what I felt... So I've been cranky at the beginning because b12 mafia's are always the same.  Flawed and with unreplaced lurkers... Look at boksi and Archangel, for god's sake.  They just wont play. 

Later... I resigned to my fate and dropped it and decided that I might as well be civil... But that last post was mostly in jest, I had a lot of fun writing it and that's my main goal... Me calling on webadict's issues was a response for his shuting me up for no reason and he seems to have taken it as it was meant.  The fact that people did exactly what I said (wich was ignoring everything and going for the proof) makes me realize that maybe I wasn't playing here for a reason.  We depend on broken setups.  We have always done.  That is why we need so many PRs around here.

I have a lot of stuff to do this weekend so I don't know if I'll be able to do an analysys of the game's players.

Anyway... unvote, vote meph...

play how you think it must be played... blah blah...

There's no hammer here so if we are going to have to hang out for 2 days already knowing who we are lynching nothing is going to happen. 

It's pretty absurd to pretend that someone will oppose webadict when he has all the PR info... So pretending I was is the lamest thing ever.  A confirmation that Meph is scum comes from the fact that he has stopped posting entirely (wich is what scum must usually do to stop giving out info)

If someone wants to scumhunt... Read all Meph's posts and see who he was trying to lynch and who he wasn't.  WHo he was willing to buss if the time came.

Meph was mild.  Mild is a scumtell.  making too many excuses before a mislynch.  Not willing to take a stand in the spotlight.

bye.

PS:  Stop pairing me up with people who haven't flipped.  Accuse me for what I do or dont do. 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 03, 2009, 05:05:32 pm »

Quote from: Alex
Warner and sony are the places to go if you want soap operas man... Haven't we paired up enough?  Dont we realize that it's a stupid mistake?  I can be scum with MR.person, dak, you, whoever... I can be town as opposed to any of you and I can be town with ANY of you.  The end.

Go for people because of themselves.  Once you get a flip. THEN start analyzing connections.  NOT before.

We have 3 flips so far Alex. All town. With you involved in all of them. How's that for 'going for someone because of themselves'?

I'm just looking at things Alex, and what I see now is you condemning my idle speculation, and then turning around and telling everyone who to focus on and how to scumhunt. You can't have it both ways Alex, do you want my opinion or not? Or do you just not want it when it involves you?

Did you ever feel that you should'nt have signed up for a game?  This is what I felt... So I've been cranky at the beginning because b12 mafia's are always the same.  Flawed and with unreplaced lurkers... Look at boksi and Archangel, for god's sake.  They just wont play.

Later... I resigned to my fate and dropped it and decided that I might as well be civil... But that last post was mostly in jest, I had a lot of fun writing it and that's my main goal... Me calling on webadict's issues was a response for his shuting me up for no reason and he seems to have taken it as it was meant.  The fact that people did exactly what I said (wich was ignoring everything and going for the proof) makes me realize that maybe I wasn't playing here for a reason.  We depend on broken setups.  We have always done.  That is why we need so many PRs around here.

Can you blame people for not wanting to play Alex? I'm not sure if you realize this, but you're intimidating. I know every single time I read one of your giant posts, I just want to stop playing, because you have an aura of wanting to make things not fun. I respect your experience Alex, but have a little patience. I say this because I think you could actually teach people if you stopped patronizing them for a second.

It's pretty absurd to pretend that someone will oppose webadict when he has all the PR info... So pretending I was is the lamest thing ever.

I didn't even mention that one post Alex, I thought I was pretty clear that I was talking exclusively about d1. But hey, if I make generalizations and you interpret them in the most hostile way possible, that's just you man.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 03, 2009, 05:19:40 pm »

Now, personally, Dak himself has been very town. Educated, well-spoken, and thorough, and I won't pull any 'too-town' fallacy, but there is a chord that struck wrong with me. That is the Alexhans scuffle, where Dak was the first to jump on, and then the first to jump off when he found some circumstantial that supposedly cleared him. Now, this is just speculation, but if there's an Dak/Alex scumteam, then Alex might have gone overboard defending himself, Dak voted him for it to avoid drawing suspicion to himself (as it's really hard to not attack Alex after his repeated d1 dismissals) and a bandwagon soon followed. Alex told Dak behind the scenes that things were going out of control, and Dak then jury-rigged a handy, palpable reason to unvote him and reverse the effect.

Question: will you link Person with that then?

Person's 3 paragraph post is what finally got me off of Alex.  It was his reasoning of the Alex/Toony deal that caused me to think that Alexscum/Persontown can't be.  Since I didn't have enough on me to accuse Person, it put enough doubt to leave Alexscum alone for the time being, especially since it was day 1.  Note that it required a heavy change of tone in Person (he was going for the Jerk Person as well) as well.

Unless you're going to claim that it was dumb luck (which makes the whole thing too messy) you'd need to have Person included to provide the 'perfect post' to end the whole ordeal. 

Meanwhile, was the situation truly something that a town would be unlikely to do?  If not why?

If so then how does the situation then warrant more than a spotlight and a "watch this person"?  What you said sounded much more sure of your idea than a normal suspicion.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 03, 2009, 05:42:30 pm »

Question: will you link Person with that then?

It's a possibility, yes.

Please keep in mind though, this is speculation. Jotting down my thoughts for future reference. If I don't do it now, I'll surely forget.

Meanwhile, was the situation truly something that a town would be unlikely to do?  If not why?

It's something a town could definitely do, but I don't want to discount it as something negligible yet.

Quote from: Dak
If so then how does the situation then warrant more than a spotlight and a "watch this person"?  What you said sounded much more sure of your idea than a normal suspicion.

I'm gradually changing my mode of thinking as the circumstances change, and I feel that a more direct approach is best here. This is because that, as you might have noticed, I've been practically ignored throughout the first half of day 1, and then only occasionally talked to on the other half. I want people to stop ignoring me, so I'll be more aggressive.

To retort, one thing I forgot to mention was that I feel you 'conveniently' forgot alot of people day 1. You'd mention those that weren't in the discussion, but normally you were more reactive than proactive. So let me ask: if you could force one person to come talk with us here, who would it be, and what would you ask them?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 03, 2009, 07:34:46 pm »

@the speculation

Noted

@'something a town could do'
I'd put it as a Spotlight: a reason to take notice for further information and analysis.

@your approach

The town focuses on two things: people who have arguments over those who look scum, and people who look scum.

Until it was presented that your 'save' was a null tell rather than a town tell, me and probably others had marked you as a "above neutral until further notice".  I know I put you to the side then so I could focus on others who showed far less. 

Meanwhile, you didn't really present much of anything to the town that the town wasn't already munching on.  As such, you were ignored. 

The point: You were right: you DO need to be more aggressive, which makes it a good thing that you are attacking now.

@the retort

Hmm, who did I 'forget'?  I spent a large amount of time attacking and was the one that caused just about all of the bandwagons in Day 1 (Person's, Archangel's, Alex's, Red's, and Panda's).  I couldn't get to everyone so I used other people's debates to help prod the rest of the town.  I pushed Cheeetar a good deal, That lead to me feeling good about Toony, thinking Boksi is a Useless Townie, and finding that brothernature was AWOL and needed to be replaced. 

You, as said earlier, was already on the "leave alone till later" list.  Web is confirmed.  Meph, I'll admit, I missed, leading me to promise Web to focus on him (though that's become moot since now Web has proof enough to lynch).  Zaith DID fall under the radar as well.

So...who DID I 'conveniently forget'? 

As for who to come out.. well, the ones I havn't had the chance to watch/attack I guess.  Meph, I wouldn't mind speaking out before the lynch finishes.  You I haven't analyzed at all so I'm glad you came to let me see your technique.

That leaves Zaith.  I guess the starting questions would be thusly:

@Zaith

Hey Zaith.  First off, why are you bugging Toony for the lack of content when you haven't given much of yours (defending your actions doesn't count IMO since you should also be aggressive)?

Secondly, more of a comment: I'm very much waiting for what you said you'll tell us when you get back.

---

that's what I'd ask.
I KNEW IT!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 03, 2009, 08:22:47 pm »

Quote from: josh
We have 3 flips so far Alex. All town. With you involved in all of them. How's that for 'going for someone because of themselves'?
huh?  I don't quite get what you mean
I'm just looking at things Alex, and what I see now is you condemning my idle speculation, and then turning around and telling everyone who to focus on and how to scumhunt. You can't have it both ways Alex, do you want my opinion or not? Or do you just not want it when it involves you?
Im glad that you're active.  Keep at it.  Nevertheless... I'm totally entitled to mock you when you develop a theory and explain every action of the elements involved in it.   It's so amusing when people pretend to guess what I would do.

Can you blame people for not wanting to play Alex? I'm not sure if you realize this, but you're intimidating. I know every single time I read one of your giant posts, I just want to stop playing, because you have an aura of wanting to make things not fun. I respect your experience Alex, but have a little patience. I say this because I think you could actually teach people if you stopped patronizing them for a second.
Ohh... but when I DO Play and have fun you tell me I'm doing scummy stuff, etc, etc...

Yeah... I know I need to stop patronizing... But then comes Dakarian doing the same... And you or someone else playing the moderated guy role who behaves like a zen master and I feel the need to come out and have my say.

It's pretty absurd to pretend that someone will oppose webadict when he has all the PR info... So pretending I was is the lamest thing ever.

I didn't even mention that one post Alex, I thought I was pretty clear that I was talking exclusively about d1. But hey, if I make generalizations and you interpret them in the most hostile way possible, that's just you man.
[/quote]
That wasnt about your post.  That was in general.  About what cheeetar, webadict and others said when they pretended I was against the lynch. 

See that?  You have a prejudice about me as hostile and see me as hostile whatever I do.  If I act civil I surely must have some hidden purpose... Here I would insert the  :-\ smiley... but it would surely be an appeal to emotion... and it really doesn't represent me right now... IF I could  do this
 ;D + ::) + :P that would explain my current state of mind...

I'm gonna eat now, try to finish a boring project and mail it my workgroup but I'll try to do a comprised post later about what I think of the game so far ( no judgements to playstyles, I promise) etc, etc...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 03, 2009, 08:41:27 pm »

I think I may require a replacement, actually. I feel extremely sick. I have a bit of a fever. As y'all have read, I haven't had the energy to do anything. I can't focus at all. I need rest.

I apologize profusely, but I think I do need a replacement. I just can't really actively take part in the game right now. I wouldn't have joined had I known I would become this sick. =/

But for future reference, dakarian, if you shorten my name, shorten it to Zai. My username is actually 3 words stuck together (as Leafsnail parodied quite well with Taitheproficient): Zai the master.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 03, 2009, 09:13:33 pm »

RL  > Mafia

Go get some rest.  That's the biggest issue right now.

I KNEW IT!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2009, 09:15:56 pm »

dude... just lynch your disease...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2009, 10:14:22 pm »

Alex, it's hard to believe you're amused by our posts when earlier you had been swearing vigorously.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 03, 2009, 10:30:36 pm »

Alex, it's hard to believe you're amused by our posts when earlier you had been swearing vigorously.
blah blah.. scum

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 03, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »

No, you.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 04, 2009, 06:34:50 am »

Since all the votes are in, I think we may go on the Hammer principle.  I won't normally do hammers, but when EVERYONE is voting for the same person...

Day will end in about half an hour.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 04, 2009, 07:25:12 am »

The day draws to a close much more quickly.  You turn to look at the votecount, which has been projected onto the wall.

Dakarian[1]: Mephansteras,
Mephansteras[8]: Webadict, Cheeetar, Chaoticjosh, Frelock, Diakron, Dakarian, Mr. Person, Toonyman, Alexhans, Zaithemaster
It's pretty obvious what's going to happen.  Mephansteras sighs, stands up, and walks into the middle of the room.  "Meph..." says webadict, "You're scum.  You'll die today, before you can kill any more innocent people-"
"I haven't killed anyone" says Mephansteras, who has an evil grin spreading across his face, "The two innocents dead yesterday... that was your fault!  You and the rest of your blasted 'townies'!"
"Can I take that as a confession, Mephansteras?"
"No!" says Mephansteras, reaching slowly into a pocket of his jacket.  "Take this as a confession!" He suddenly draws a knife and hurls it straight forwards.  Webadict looks down, shocked, at the knife embedded in his chest, before collapsing to the floor.  Mephansteras turns around to address the room.
"Yeah, I'm scum!" he shouts, "I'm an assassin!  But what are you going to do about it, huh?  Who wants to come lynch me!"

All of you look uneasily at each other.  On the plus side, you've got scum, but on the minus side, he seems to have realised he doesn't have to wait until the night phase to start killing.  However, something else is happening.  A pentagram is appearing on the floor beneath Meph's feet...

"Comon!" shouts Mephansteras, "Kill me, you cowards!  How the heck can a bunch of unarmed idiots take on a deadly assassin!"  His strange ramblings are interrupted, however, by a booming voice from the computer.
ERROR
WEBADICT IS NOT DEAD
"What do you mean?" says Mephansteras, who is starting to look down at the floor in consternation, "I just killed him!"
WEBADICT WAS NOT LYNCHED
YOU WERE LYNCHED
"But I'm an assassin!" says Meph, "Why can't I kill?  Why can't I do this thing properly?"
DATA ERROR
ERROR WILL BE RECTIFIED..

Webadict gasps as the knife dissapears from his chest, and the air comes flooding back into his lungs.  After checking to see that webadict's ok, everyone looks back to Mephansteras... but it would seem he has already started to vanish.
"Damn..." says Mephansteras, "I was just a faulty program..." He seems to be disintegrating rapidly.  His arms and legs are already gone... and his body is gradually being disintegrated too.
As the line of disintegration reaches his neck, Mephansteras throws back what's left of his head and laughs.  "Goodbye, everyone... and goodnight!"

You aren't entirely sure what to think of all this.  It would seem that the computer is interfering purely to keep the game running as it should... and that means that you'll have to go to bed tonight, even if that makes you a sitting target for the mafia.  Before you go, you check Mephansteras' room.  It has a huge amount of mail addressed to Dracron, so that must've been him and... wait.  The mail is all marked with a stamp, a stamp saying "RETURN TO SENDER".  It would seem this is the room of someone who hates being confused with Dracron... Drakonian, in fact.

You are Drakonian.  The similarity of name with Dracron confuses other players.  All night actions aimed for you will instead go to him, providing he's alive, and vice versa.  This ability will not work if it is Dracron targetting you.

Good night, townies.  Sweet dreams.  Night will end when I get all the actions in, so probably in about 48 hours.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 3 - In Mafia, Noone Can Hear You Scream...
« Reply #659 on: October 07, 2009, 03:30:00 pm »

The strange force that seems to have prevented you from leaving your beds lifts, and you all head down the stairs to the meeting area.  The computer reads out a register, which is strange, but you find out why when you realise that Alexhans and Archangel are both missing.

You're fairly sure you know who Alexhans was, but you feel obliged to check out his room and see what happens to him.  As soon as you arrive, you wish you hadn't.  One large patch of floor is covered with barely dried blood, and the rest of the room also contains bloody streaks and smears.  Nothing seems to remain of Alexhans' body however... it would seem that the assailant ate it.

His bedside table seems to have a... hammer on top.  Not just any hammer, either - it looks like a super deluxe model with extra large nail remover on the back.  Opening his drawers, you find... more hammers.  Judging from this and the strange Japanese writing in his diary, you guess he was Alex-chan.

You are Alex-chan.  You have a large and slightly worrying obsession with hammers.  Once per game, during the day phase, you can activate your ability via pm.  You will run up to the player who has the most votes and smash their head in with a hammer.  The day cannot end until at least 24 hours after this has happened.

By the way, this just happened by chance, but it is kind of funny, Alex-chan~!
There's nothing weird in the room - he seems to be Hotel Aligned.

You head over to Archangel's room.  Here you find him, but his skin has turned blue... so he was an alien?  No, wait, he seems to have marks on his neck - it looks like he's been strangled.  On his desk, you find a page containing his thoughts on who was scum - but there are some names that have been relunctanctly crossed out, and other parts which say "DAMNIT I WAS WRONG".  You remember him being assertive though... you decide he must've been Taitheproficient.
You are Taitheproficient.  Once you find yourself attached to a theory, you find it difficult to shake.  You get 2 votes, but you lose a vote each time you unvote (you cannot go into negative votes).  You vote total is reset to 2 each night.
However, from this scumhunting, you're forced to conclude that he was Hotel aligned.

This is bad.  Two town deaths in one night... it seems to make up for the non events of last night.  You look around at the other 9 people in the room, knowing that 3 of them are still out to kill you...

This dayphase will last roughly 5 days, due to the 3 weekday time period given.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 60