Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70941 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 2 Deja Vu? I Hope Not Too...
« Reply #630 on: October 03, 2009, 12:40:45 am »

Meh.  Well, working with Alex didn't work (red).  Working on my own ideas didn't work (Panda), though *kick Panda's body* you were NOT helping. 

@Web

Alright, ball's in your court.  You say you have proof and we know you aren't scum so Vote Meph.  Besides, I did promise to focus on him next. 

Btw, Alex is possible scum but Person isn't?  If that's true then I'm going to just cry since it means ALL of my reasonings fail me.

@Alex

I'm going to be blunt: I drop your credibility to 0 when Jerk Alex comes in.  You keep saying that 'you shouldn't be guided by your emotions' but I swear you sound to be stuck doing just that.  Besides, you're STILL after lurkers (going by the first ones on your 'who do they think is scum' list.)  I'm sick of the 'activity = town' bit you have as if all of the mafia are noobs that can't even try to play town. 

When you bring up a REAL attack on someone, other than 'they lurk' or 'they voted for me/my friend' then perhaps you'll gain back that cred. 

@Frelock

I actually believe Arch has just about given up on things here: A sort of RAGEQUIT.  It'll take a while before he posts again: otherwise, he might need a replacement.

As for Josh....I never thought of that.  Once brothernature would say something, we WOULD start looking for the Cobrar role anyway. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 03, 2009, 12:53:34 am »

Yes. It's also a restarter, so that the person with the Cobrar role doesn't initially die as well. It's not like he lost anything by showing himself, and he instead made himself look more like town.

It's only theory right now, but it's what I've got to go off of.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 03, 2009, 01:11:14 am »

Now, I don't agree with him, Dakarian, but Alexhans has a strict "lynch-all-lurkers" policy not because lurkers are sucm, but because lurkers are scummy and unhelpful to the town. You CANNOT read a lurker, period. People who are impossible to read have an equal chance of being scum.

Me personally, I'll lynch lurkers if I've got no better targets. Since obviously we do in fact have a better lynch target, I'll vote Mephanasteras. This is cool, I was thinking Meph was scum anyways.

Now, I don't know why you guys all are blowing up on Alexhans. He made a mistake, and that mistake was not voting Meph BEFORE asking questions. Yes, it's a strange mistake. No, I have no idea why Alexhans isn't voting Meph right now, I can't say since I'm not Alexhans. However, Cheeetar, you're blowing shit out of proportion, and I'm going to have to FoS you for the "the people he voted for were all town!" argument. That argument means nothing, since a townie can reasonably do the exact same things in his shoes as a scum would. It's circumstantial, it proves nothing. Now, why do you think he's scum, and more importantly, why do you think he's scum AKA, what has Alexhans done that is ANTI-TOWN?

@Frelock: No, I personally haven't completely thrown out a Chaoticjosh scum scenario, but I have decided to throw it out for the time being, probably until Day 4. In other words, I'm going to look elsewhere for scum until day 4, or sooner if I don't find any and there are no lurkers. This is, of course, barring more scum-finds by Webadict or cj suddenly lurking real hard or something else of the sort. While awesome, I think the scum is now going to be hiding away very hard.

@Meph: Your silence tells far more than your words in how scummy you are.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 03, 2009, 01:46:34 am »

Just to note: Assuming we lynched Boksai and Brothernature, who were the lurkers of Day 1, we would be in Lylo if both turned up town.  Considering that lurkers are null tells by design, that's an ugly strategy to have, especially since the only mafia that would fall for it are complete novices and ones that need replacing.

Example: Archangel was able to go from "must kill" to "neutral or better" to Alex in just a few quick posts (long before he self destructed). 

Example 2: He was ready to lynch brothernature if I didn't suggest Redwarrior.  Note that brother wasn't even lurking, but was fully away from the game, requiring a full replacement.  At that point, you might as well use Random.org for all of the chance you have there.

It's one thing to want to pressure lurkers to talk.  It's just anti-town to lynch them all, especially since it becomes easy for scum to simply join in.

I'll go one step beyond you Person.  I will NOT lynch full lurkers unless I KNOW they are purposely doing it (via a prod not leading to a replacement).  Otherwise, press press press till you have SOMETHING to work off of.
I KNEW IT!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 03, 2009, 03:28:30 am »

Archangel-
I'm somewhat intrigued by his eventual voting of himself.   Yes, I'm sure everyone was frustrated at that point and wanted the day to end, but isn't that something of an extreme way of going about it?  You also didn't vote any more after that.  Why?  There were plenty of accusations flying about, and plenty of reason to vote for someone.  Did you just let go of this game and forget about it?
It was because of my role. I'd already unvoted once, so if I did it again, my vote wouldn't have had any effect. But also because I just stopped caring.
I actually believe Arch has just about given up on things here: A sort of RAGEQUIT.  It'll take a while before he posts again: otherwise, he might need a replacement.
I've just asked for one. I've lost all will to play this. I apologise for the inconvenience. I suppose I should vote for Meph, but I will leave it up to whoever replaces me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 03, 2009, 04:16:42 am »

Ok, Archangel has requested a replacement, which is better than just flaking and waiting for me to find out, I suppose.  Any spectators who want to replace him send me a pm.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 03, 2009, 08:20:35 am »

Vote Meph.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 03, 2009, 09:25:05 am »

Archangel-
I'm somewhat intrigued by his eventual voting of himself.   Yes, I'm sure everyone was frustrated at that point and wanted the day to end, but isn't that something of an extreme way of going about it?  You also didn't vote any more after that.  Why?  There were plenty of accusations flying about, and plenty of reason to vote for someone.  Did you just let go of this game and forget about it?
It was because of my role. I'd already unvoted once, so if I did it again, my vote wouldn't have had any effect. But also because I just stopped caring.
I've just asked for one. I've lost all will to play this. I apologise for the inconvenience. I suppose I should vote for Meph, but I will leave it up to whoever replaces me.
You lose two Karma points.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 03, 2009, 11:39:07 am »

The "OMG Dakarian is trying to steal the host's place" Unofficial vote count:
Dakarian[1]: Mephansteras,
Boksi[1]: Alexhans
Mephansteras[8]: Webadict, Cheeetar, Chaoticjosh, Frelock, Diakron, Dakarian, Mr. Person, Toonyman

Not voting: Zaithemaster, Archangel, Boksi

Zaithemaster needs a prod.  He hasn't posted since Wednesday even though he still logs in. Boksi, apperently, is active and lurking (since he got past the Prod if I'm reading the Mod right).  Arch we already know about.

Thus everyone that isn't lurking/getting replaced has voted.  Meth, though, hasn't said anything since the accusation. 

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 03, 2009, 11:41:54 am »

And yes, every single time I wrong Meph's name right, it was AFTER I wrote it wrong.

And yes, I know I messed it up again at the end. :P
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 03, 2009, 11:52:28 am »

It's ok Diakro---I MEAN DAKARIAN.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #641 on: October 03, 2009, 12:49:31 pm »

skimming...
vote meph

you had better be right WA
What did I tell you gus??? Didn't I foresee this? 

let's all bandwaggon meph and never do anything else...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 03, 2009, 01:32:34 pm »

You can go and find scummy people. You have one (two) whole Days worth.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:43 pm »

Now, call this a lousy hunch, but I have a stray feeling that Dak is part of the scum team. Now, I respect his talent, he's got a real knack for the game, but something seems off. By that, I mean he elicits suspicion in odd people, particularly Toony, who attacked him d1 with seemingly no reason (or atleast nothing I could glean from skimming through the last 10 or so pages). Now, this nothing by itself, Toony attacks people all the time, but he went as far as to put him in his predicted scum team. Now, I might be jumping the gun on this one, but that seems eerily like a subtle bus to me, so that if Dak ever flips scum in the future, he can jump up and say "See!? I told you!", and he'll be viewed as more town because of it.

Now, personally, Dak himself has been very town. Educated, well-spoken, and thorough, and I won't pull any 'too-town' fallacy, but there is a chord that struck wrong with me. That is the Alexhans scuffle, where Dak was the first to jump on, and then the first to jump off when he found some circumstantial that supposedly cleared him. Now, this is just speculation, but if there's an Dak/Alex scumteam, then Alex might have gone overboard defending himself, Dak voted him for it to avoid drawing suspicion to himself (as it's really hard to not attack Alex after his repeated d1 dismissals) and a bandwagon soon followed. Alex told Dak behind the scenes that things were going out of control, and Dak then jury-rigged a handy, palpable reason to unvote him and reverse the effect.

Also, Alex, I've played games with you before, but this is the first one in recent memory where you've resorted to insults, dismissals, flagrant sarcasm, and generally being offensive. You can claim this is all to stir reactions out of people, but when it comes to drastic changes in your personality, excuses only go so far.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 03, 2009, 03:52:13 pm »

Frelock why did you not vote yesterday???
...Wow. Does this really even require comment? FoS Diakron. Though I have made a (however remotely) similar mistake when the day started in a previous Mafia when I was town: I FoSed/voted for (can't remember which) the person who got nightkilled because he had bandwagoned or something the previous day; I was so tired I forgot who got NK'd.

Before we lynch Meph I want to hear from people... Who do they think is scum? Boksi, Frelock, archangel, Zai, etc...
...Why is this necessary before Meph is lynched? Regardless, I should hopefully be getting back with something more later on today. I have had neither the time nor the energy to do much of anything recently.

Vote Meph.
Thank you for this lovely little contribution, TM.

Anyway. I vote Meph, as I am confident enough in webadict's planning to trust the results.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60