Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 71056 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Leafsnail Continues to Regret his E8 Inspired Role
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2009, 02:40:57 pm »

Oh, and by the way, if anyone says the words "Day Extension", I may go insane.

Day Extension?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2009, 02:41:15 pm »

Yeah, what is with the 'Meth' thing, anyway? I'm not a drug! :P

Anyway, looking over the last few pages my unofficial vote record on RedWarrior0's lynch is:

dakarian
Alexhans
Mephansteras
Mr.Person
chaoticjosh

That's in order of who voted first->last.

So...I'm really not sure who I'm going to vote for. Pandarsenic didn't jump on that wagon, Cheeetar didn't, and (not surprising) Boksi and brothernature aren't on it either.

Which means I need to sit down and really think things through. Either my assumptions of who is town need to be rethought or the scum are doing a brilliant job of letting us shoot ourselves in the foot.

@Mod: Could we please get official vote tallies for right before the Hammer and the current one? I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2009, 02:52:03 pm »

Day Extension?
ji\ghuUIDgusdiohg RAEGQUIT!

That's it!  I quote my role pm!

You are a moderator.  You don't take part in the game, and are in charge of handing out roles and running the game
Happy now?

@Mod: Could we please get official vote tallies for right before the Hammer and the current one? I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Damn, they were in the looped flavour text, but it seems I accidentally pasted over them.  Votecount before the hammer came down:
Mr.Person: Boksi, Redwarrior0, ToonyMan, Pandarsenic, Cheeetar
Archangel: webadict, Archangel
Redwarrior0: Zaithemaster, Dakarian, Alexhans, Mephansteras, Mr.Person, chaoticjosh
Alexhans: Diakron
After the hammer came down:

Mr.Person: Boksi, ToonyMan, Pandarsenic, Cheeetar

Now:
Mr.Person: Boksi, ToonyMan, Pandarsenic, Cheeetar
Pandarsenic: Dakarian
Yeah, so basically if you were voting for RedWarrior0 you're now abstaining.  Don't worry, this day will loop 15,498 times end.  TOMORROW.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2009, 02:55:15 pm »

Hmm...looks like I missed Zai. I assume he voted long enough ago that I just didn't go back far enough. Or I missed something, which is quite possible since I'm running on very little sleep this week.

Still...I need to rethink things.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2009, 03:46:46 pm »

This game has been going too well for scum.  THAT ENDS NOW.
Unvote.
You think you can use me Pandarsenic?  HOW ABOUT NOW.
You keep backing me up, giving me confidence in attacking Mr.Person and Alexhans.  You are just scum trying to get Mr.Person and me killed without gaining suspicion.  You die today.

Same goes for you Cheeetar, Boksi,......and Dakarian.

The mis-lynch on RedWarrior0 was a clever ruse made by these four people.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2009, 03:48:25 pm »

Boksi may be replaced by Meph in the future.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2009, 05:34:46 pm »

Hmm...looks like I missed Zai. I assume he voted long enough ago that I just didn't go back far enough.

You assume correctly.

Zaithemaster: Why did you specifically target the less experienced players? Was it because they're easy lynches?

While they may have been the least experienced, they were/are hardcore lurkers. Lurking is bad; though not really a scumtell, it is not good for the town. They were/are also heavily bandwagoning, which is anti-town. I did not go after the people that I have because they lack experience; I went after them because they weren't contributing. I was most certain RW0 was scum when he first bandwagonned with the confirmed townie, and then as soon as I called him out on this, he went directly against what the confirmed townie had said to do. While I attributed this to newbie scum, I suppose I should have attributed this to newbies in general.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2009, 05:43:20 pm »

@Cheeetar

My vote isn't rock steady yet, so mind answering that question I gave you earlier?  If you forgot:

You said of Person flipped town you'd consider me scum even though you were also pushing for him.  You said your push was an honest mistake since your town but you refuse to give me the same consideration.  I asked what makes me special to you that the thought of being a townie wasn't considered. 

I'll also add this:  Why did you tell Alex that you stopped gunning for him and Person when your vote was still on him and you still declare Person as scum and Alex suspect for protecting Person?

First one: I wouldn't suspect myself because I KNOW I AM TOWN. I KNOW I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES. You, however, I don't know you make stupid mistakes. You seem pretty smart. I would then assume that it wasn't an accident that you lynched a townie.

Second one: I unvoted Alexhans. Currently, I am suspicious of the 2nd townie hammer, but I'm not going to vote for either Alexhans or Mr. Person. Unvote.

Unvote.
You keep backing me up, giving me confidence in attacking Mr.Person and Alexhans.  You are just scum trying to get Mr.Person and me killed without gaining suspicion.  You die today.

No, you. Also, this game hasn't been 'going well for scum'. So far we have one dead lurker and one confirmed townie.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »

@Panda

I said I would.. so here it is.  Vote Pandasenic

I think the quality of most accusations against me basically amount to "Was Pandarsenic right about Mr.Person?" or not. I think the statements about me activelurking are bullshit.

Pandarsenic: If you had all the votes, who would you lynch and why? Who else has been acting scummy, in your opinion?

Something is rubbing me wrong about Dak and Cheeetar; if I had all the votes, I would interrogate everyone extensively, confer privately with webadict, and lynch based on that.

If I had to do it immediately, I would cut down Mr.Person because I'm dying to see if I was right.

Unvote.

Uh huh. Except, y'know, I was the first one to point out someone might be guiding you into that and I realized I shouldn't refer to myself or things I'm doing from another perspective when I'm scum, from Dakarian's Beginner II postgame assessment.

Also, I never voted for RedWarrior0 and didn't want him dead.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2009, 06:08:56 pm »

Alexhans: why would you hammer a lurker and leave suspected people behind? that plus the fact you hammered 2 townies make me want to keep my vote on you.

Also, I never voted for RedWarrior0 and didn't want him dead.

Same, i don't see any reason to kill a lurker at this point in the game.
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2009, 06:32:24 pm »

You really think ALL of you would vote RedWarrior0?  Please dood.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 30, 2009, 06:54:17 pm »

Unvote.

Actually Toon, what are you talking about here? Explain how Pandar was 'giving you confidence'. You also imply to be very sure of Mr.Person's alignment, when you were just attacking him a little while ago.

@Dakarion You made surprisingly little comment on the RedWarrior mislynch, despite your usual long-windedness.

Now, I'm developing a little theory of my own on who's in the scum team, and it involves you. Before I divulge anything however, would you mind telling us what you might think would me the most likely scum teams, given the information?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 30, 2009, 07:02:15 pm »

He voted with me.  Also, he keeps suggesting the Mr.Person day-kill, me sacrificed bit.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:58 pm »

He voted with me.  Also, he keeps suggesting the Mr.Person day-kill, me sacrificed bit.
God forbid anyone agree with you, Toony.

I thought (and still think) you were right. I think M.P and Alexhans are doing a sort of Refuge In Audacity thing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 30, 2009, 11:04:56 pm »

Mephansteras.

Mephansteras.

Mephansteras Mephansteras Mephansteras.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60