Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70924 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2009, 06:24:07 pm »

We've decided to hammer ArchAngel? Let's figure out who to lynch after him. Alex was refusing to DK Mr.Person at one point. Pandar and Toony are seeming to agree. Archangel is as good as dead at this point.

By the way, has cj posted much recently?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2009, 06:32:24 pm »

Wait.... WHAT???? Did RedWarrior just jumped on Archangel without giving a single reason???  Why is Archangel a better lynch than you?

Who do you think is scum?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2009, 06:35:02 pm »

After some more loud, and for some reason strangely familiar arguing Bay 12 style debate, the computer decides to give you a vote count.  This time it seems to beam the votes into your minds, but you aren't too surprised.  The computer seems confused by this.

Quote from: WHYDONTYOUCARETHATIMINYOURHEAD
Mr.Person: ToonyMan, Diakron, Archangel, Boksi
Boksi: Zaithemaster, Mephansteras
Archangel: Dakarian, Alexhans, Pandarsenic, webadict, RedWarrior0, Mr.Person
RedWarrior0: chaoticjosh

Yes, yet more sortof recycled flavour text.  Call it art.  This is probably the longest first day phase ever... argh, it's almost endless.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:26:43 am by Leafsnail »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »

Alexhans, gonna hammer Archangel before or after we question RedWarrior?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2009, 07:08:19 pm »

Im not hammering before Archangel claims.

Toonyman... learn to play mafia

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2009, 07:13:16 pm »

How many do you need voting him to use the hammer? Because a majority is 8 IIRC, and we have 6 on him.

Also, I assume your decision to wait for his claim means your decision on the hammer as well. What role(s) would you choose to not hammer?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »

Im not hammering before Archangel claims.

Toonyman... learn to play mafia
Well, I can clear that up for you. He's Taitheproficient. He gets two votes, but loses a vote each time he unvotes.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2009, 07:20:22 pm »

ok.  Mod:  If scum has a night action.  Can they both kill and use their action on the same night?

Redwarrior.  I will lynch anyone I think needs to be lynched regardless of the role but it's always good to know if you can trap someone into using their role in a pro-town manner or uncovering themselves.

I'll still wait for Archangel to show up and tell us what he thinks before hammering.

6 beats 5 Redwarrior.  So If I hammer now Arch dies.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »

Mod:  If scum has a night action.  Can they both kill and use their action on the same night?
No, each player can only perform one action per night.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2009, 07:25:44 pm »

Mod:  If scum has a night action.  Can they both kill and use their action on the same night?
Webadict... You have homework...

Find a way to intertwine all players with a night action so you can know if one of them didn't act.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2009, 07:36:14 pm »

Webadict... You have homework...

Find a way to intertwine all players with a night action so you can know if one of them didn't act.
Grand idea. I feel like I've got stuff to do...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2009, 08:05:36 pm »

Wait wait, hold up.  That last exchange seriously, SERIOUSLY bugged me.

Alexhans, you started up a bet with Toonyman, saying that if he's willing to bet his life on Person turning up scum.  He took that bet.  You and Person start backing off and throwing accusation after accusation.  Now you're pushing on the bandwagon for Archangel.

I smell fowl.  Ugly, UGLY fowl.

Alex, you're a WOTer.  I want, right now, a deep, strong analysis of exactly WHAT makes Mr. Person so town that you're willing to risk everything, including your credibility on it.  I want a clear explanation of why he acted the way he did that caused you believe he's town and what you feel have been misread by the town.  Do NOT give me theorycraft: that's pure WIFOM and you should know it.  Just give me the facts based on the posts.

Excluding Webadict, there's not one person, ONE PERSON that I can declare THAT much town.  You two don't question each other, don't poke at each other, and defend each other to the death.  You claim that his meta game proved it to you.  Explain then.. details.

Btw, what in the world is archangel supposed to claim that would clear him?  This isn't Paranormal where you can claim "human guardian" or "Alien survivor".  All of these roles can be set to be scum or town.  As such, how would a role claim do ANYTHING to dispel a person at this point? 

It's funny. With just Person alone, I can see him neutral.  Alex, though, is looking worse and worse to me, and his resistance towards that hammer when he was so willing to go trigger happy early on taints Person. 

So for now I'll maintain the aim for Arc for the hammering.  However, Alex, I'll want that analysis from you, because I'm starting to get an idea of who gets the actual lynch for day 1.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »

I got back far earlier than expected due to some cancellations. Actually got back several hours ago, but I've been playing TF2 since then.

Yes, he would have to prove he didn't know one. But why write that? Why not just say simply 'he didn't know a role'? One is his role, and one is something he would have to do. It was a conscious thing to say he would have to convince us, not simply bad wording or naturally saying it.

Jesus. Motherfucking. Christ. Let. It. Go. People have tried to reason with you, but you just won't let them. It's not a scumtell. It's just poor wording. To vote for someone because of an easily identified mistake (that you should be able to understand how it was made) is just ridiculous. But I see this's pretty late. Ah, well.

After reading all the posts since my last one (more than one page on 50 per (I think)), I must say: All of this fighting is terrible. I suspect there's only 1 person involved in all that arguing that is actually scum, 2 tops. But this fighting does not bode well. TM, M.P, and Alex are the main contenders in it (with some Pandar, Cheeetar, dakarian, and Web thrown in), but I'm not confident enough in saying that one of them is scum to vote for them.

The lurkers need to just be mod-killed or something. The ChaoticJim role, while a pretty unique concept, is not enough to end the lurking. All it does is promote active-lurking. If the lurkers are town, they're being anti-town. If they're scum, they're being scum. Either way, it's bad for town. I unvote Boksi for now, and change my vote to RedWarrior0, who I am currently more suspicious of.

We've decided to hammer ArchAngel? Let's figure out who to lynch after him. Alex was refusing to DK Mr.Person at one point. Pandar and Toony are seeming to agree. Archangel is as good as dead at this point.

Because people like you band wagon on him. Bandwagoning is bad. You've also been active lurking, with no real content to your posts. Have some actual reasons other than "oho lol theze gaiz no wut theyr doin so ill follow them". "We've decided to hammer ArchAngel?" Who is "we"? Think for yourself. All you're doing is bandwagoning with the confirmed townie. This is even more suspicious than regular bandwagoning. From a newbie scum's (which is what you'd be, I believe) point of view, this is the safest thing to do. Web's doing it, so it must be a safe bet, right? No. If you're town: Web makes mistakes too. You can't take his suspicions as the word of God. You need to think for yourself. And if you're scum: Web is a pretty clever guy. Don't put it past him to vote somebody just to trap some scum who bandwagoned with him like you. This is actually what I thought he was doing when he kept going after Meph (who dakarian continually refers to as Meth), though it turns out he was using meta knowledge (which is what Bay12 Mafia games have become based around, to some extent) that most of us either didn't have (newbies in general or just people who haven't played with Meph before) or have forgotten (because of not playing with him much in a while).

Also. I don't like the Taitheproficient role. (For one, I don't see how it's me, Leafsnail. <.<) Our common practice of random voting means they have to pretty much shoot themselves in the foot on the first day to not look so suspicious if they don't want to roleclaim. The 2 votes are good, but you have to be sure about who you want to lynch; changing your vote weakens your vote.

And I'm getting worked up from being tired, so that's all for now. I should have a lot of free time tomorrow, so I'll try and do more then.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2009, 10:24:32 pm »

Pandarsenic, please note that I'm not actually voting for you. I was voting for you, earlier, but then I noticed that you weren't lurking and other people didn't seem to believe all caps and lots of exclamation marks was in any way suspicious.

I was confused as to why you worded it that way. It seemed a conscious choice to word it that way, so I wondered if you had a motive for wording it that way.

Screw the other people, if you think he's scum, you should be voting for him and putting pressure on him. FoS on Cheeetar because only scum would back away from people quickly because they can't get an easy lynch. Which brings me to...

Scum know their team mates. I reason that they want to keep their team mates, and would not like them lynched. Thus, I find it strange that nobody was defending Mr. Person, as if he was scum some people would be trying to. However: it could be a bus in that scum want to get seen as town by voting off a scum person. Also, now that some people have removed their votes from Mr. Person (I think?) it could have just been a plan to vote for him and then unvote before the day ended, to deflect suspicion from themselves.

You're looking at this all wrong. Imagine I'm scum. the situation would pretty much be a party gone all wrong with the rest of the team trying to bus me (Which I would go along with, btw, and probably buddy up with a townie :D Happy WIFOM with that). All the scum trying to bus me would be on the list late.
Listen: I suspect him. That does not mean I immediately want him dead. I am asking questions so as to know why he worded it that way. Also: Isn't a FoS the same thing, Mr. Person? Screw the other people, if you think he's scum, you should be voting for him and putting pressure on him. Only scum would FoS people because they can't get an easy lynch (this is sarcasm).
Also: Putting a WIFOM on your death (I could be town or scum! Haha! What are you going to do now?!) has made me very suspicious of you. In keeping with your encouragement to just vote and not back away, I will vote Mr. Person.

I'm fairly sure Toonyman is just stupid.  Not scum.  Otherwise he wouldn't have taken my proposal...
'Well, I want people to ignore everything he says, but I don't want him lynched because then he would turn up town and I might be suspected'
Also strangely this is about exactly the same thing Pandarsenic said about me (although that was probably warranted at the time).
What Toonyman is doing right now is pretty much what won Paranormal Mafia Round 9.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2009, 10:28:15 pm »

What he was doing in Paranormal Mafia Round 9 if you don't want to dig through 50 pages of text, is he said 'These people are scum, definitely' and would not let them go. They turned out to be scum.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60