Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70768 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Hammer Strike
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2009, 10:49:32 pm »

Wow and i thought i use to do stupid shi-... Mr. P all i said is that we where past the RVS (we where discussing the possibilities of alexhan being scum so lets not forget that topic) when RedWarrior tried to derail the discussion by going back to RVS, which i did not like, so i tried to remind him that we where busy, and to save it for tomorrow...

err guess i'm trying to say: i'm going to vote you to be lynched next day...

And why would that be? No, you are not allowed to bandwagon like that. Everybody must state a reason for non-random votes. This isn't a rule or anything, but I know for a fact if you don't Alexhans will just ask you for a reason anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

and another attempt to derail with an implied threat...
Back to Mafia with me!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:10 pm »

I take the argument to the rest of the town.

Everyone else, I ask you to do one of three things:

1. Look at my argument and see which parts of it are wrong or misguided. 

2. If Mr Person seems suspicious but not fully scum then bring up your suspicions so that he can speak to his defense and convince you one way or another.

3. If the debate has convinced you that Mr Person is scum then request the Daykill on him.  That way we can save the lynch for afterwards.

As it stands, Person is either a foul mouthed, hyperactive, angry townie or a mafia that has completely lost his cool.  I believe the latter, but am willing to listen to reasons why he might be the former.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2009, 10:54:15 pm »

o forgot to answer you:

My reasoning is that your protecting Alex, that plus you keep talking like he's got your back
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2009, 11:26:10 pm »

Wow and i thought i use to do stupid shi-... Mr. P all i said is that we where past the RVS (we where discussing the possibilities of alexhan being scum so lets not forget that topic) when RedWarrior tried to derail the discussion by going back to RVS, which i did not like, so i tried to remind him that we where busy, and to save it for tomorrow...

err guess i'm trying to say: i'm going to vote you to be lynched next day...

And why would that be? No, you are not allowed to bandwagon like that. Everybody must state a reason for non-random votes. This isn't a rule or anything, but I know for a fact if you don't Alexhans will just ask you for a reason anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

and another attempt to derail with an implied threat...

derail... what? Now you've just gone insane. I asked you for a reason you voted me, and you respond with your OWN derailment so you wouldn't have to answer, so major FoS on Diakron. Funny, that.

FAKEDIT: Oh, and your reason is terrible. Try again, pairing up with another player is not a reason to lynch them. Now, if Alexhans flipped mafia, you'd have a strong case. As it is, you pulled that out of your ass to get another vote on me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2009, 11:31:31 pm »

??? im to tired to keep up this banter will answer you when i get up. I off for tonight. ZzzzZZzzz
Back to Mafia with me!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2009, 12:14:26 am »

ok... I just quickread all this...

Dont wory Mr.Person... I think you are having one of the famous townie fights...

I think dakarian is town despite I disagree on so many levels with him.

And you're striking me as town too.

I'll develop on this later.

Diakron seems to be dakarian, dude... Are you sure you guys dont have the same IP?  :P

boksi, archangel... Those are my prefered kills.  You can always lynch out the other active people.  But these guys will just lurk, lurk, lurk.

I don't seem to recall much from redwarrior or brothernature either but Ill have to check...

Also need to check on cheeetar.

PS: dont worry.  I wont rush the hammer this time.

PS2: This time.  Webadict (confirmed town) will be able to chip in.

g'night.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2009, 12:35:02 am »

Sleep is a good idea, thanks you Alexhans. When Webadict shows up, we should all claim to him. What's the worst that can happen?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2009, 03:41:54 am »

Alright, Mr. Person's arguments seem hollow to me, using verbosity to batter people into thinking he's actually saying something, Therefore I say daykill: Mr. Person. I also think Boksi should say something. He's said less than me! (Sorry about that by the way, but I usually only have internet access in the evening and night, so it's difficult for me to post more than once or twice a day)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2009, 04:00:30 am »

HAHA! I just got the answers to some questions, and I think I've broken the game.

How? My role is very special you see, I'm Cobrarsenic, and if I'm lynched, then the day resets, negating the effects of anything and everything that has happened during the day, including my own lynch. The day then receives a new deadline. I can only do this once however.

What this means is that, if you lynch me, then Webadict will be revived, and we'll have a confirmed townie!

ChaoticJosh

Vote for me everyone. Then we can determine who to really lynch.

I'm almost certain this is a reference to the instance of Paranormal Mafia in which I finally got my beloved Exterminator - only to have it stolen from me by the Dopp fucktardologism (Yes, I am still mad about that).

I'll keep my vote on Joshface.

Daykill: Mr.Person

FoS Diakron via Dakarian.

They're both acting ridiculously odd - Mr.Person is inconsistent and is behaving just plain strangely, and Diakron (actual Diakron) is- Er.

Unless it's Dakarian?

Whichever one didn't want to go with Josh's pretty obviously-good plan.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2009, 08:13:47 am »

I was the one to hold caution to the plan.  I said I wanted to find the person that knew Cobrar's role to speak up and confirm before we push ahead with the plan so that we don't end up with something like a scum Beloved Princess.

It was a small quick step to settle a lot of issues.  I found it VERY odd that Person would attack me for it.  It didn't even take long for that person to eventually step up and do the confirm I asked for. 

Alex, you said you disagree with me and you believe Person is town.  Mind explaining why that is?  I'm not going to go all "OMG there's NO WAY he's town!" but I'm going to need some explanation for Person's actions in order to let go of him.  I can't get anything from Person since all he does is dismiss arguments and belittle me for having them. 

As for the lurkers, it's always dangerous to kill lurkers since you're shooting blind and could be wasting a shot.  If they are active but not posting, it's best to pressure them with votes to force them into the air.  If they ignore that, they may not even be in the game and, thus, should be replaced by the moderator.  True lurking is, in the end, a null tell, NOT a scum tell (active lurking, where they post once in a while but give no content is different).  We should be aiming our kills, lynch and daykill, on people who we truly believe are scum.

Meanwhile, no, Diakron is not my alt.  I'll do a scan of him though.
I KNEW IT!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2009, 11:15:20 am »

Hmmm. I don't really have any excuse for not posting except forgetfulness. I don't have that much experience in these things, so I haven't made many assumptions either. But for now, I'll unvote and vote chaoticjosh. It seems like a decent idea right now, or at least better than trying to lynch Alexhans. Besides, it's getting a clear majority already.

Right now, I'm the most suspicious of Mr. Person, due to his general behavior, but I'm not ruling out anybody but myself.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:28 am »

Welcome to the party Boksi.

Now, you said 'due to his general behavior'.  Mind being specific?  What, in particular, makes you suspicious of him.  For that matter, what matters are you still waiting on in figuring out who is scum and who isn't?

Also "trying to lynch alexhans"  why him?

Reason for asking: In games like this, information is the key to our victory.  Knowing not just what people believe in but also WHY is vital here.  As such, having suspicions about people is a good thing (at this point, anyone who isn't suspicious about SOMEONE is either sleeping on the job or highly suspect).  Voicing them is also good.  However, something drove you to those suspicions.  I'm asking you now for those 'somethings'. 

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2009, 11:34:15 am »

Btw, just did that scan on Diakron.  At first I was wondering why you guys were linking us. 

Then I spotted it.  O.o

@ Diakron

Ok.  two questions to you when you get back:

1. you said you're willing to lynch him.  Does that mean you're up for that daykill as well?  If so, make it official with Daykill: Person

2. After Person, who's next on your suspect list, and why?
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2009, 12:12:57 pm »

A hybrid idea:

I want to hear other people's ideas on the matter, which is usually what the lynch allows.  However, I like the idea of using up the daykill instead of the day.

So how about this: instead of Vote use "Daykill"  If you believe Person is scum, do Daykill: Person.  If we get enough of those 'votes' on him, then Alex can hammer and we can use the rest of the day to go from there.

So Alex, don't hammer him early.  Wait for the rest of the town to put their input in.

For myself,

Daykill: Person

Trying to control the town is a valid strategy and you know it. After all, if the town does what I want and I'm right, I win. By extension, so will the rest of the town. Besides, I'm not even trying to control the town. When did I do that? What have I told the town to do, listen to Chaoticjosh because him lying would be insane? Do you call that "controlling the town"? I don't, I just stated the obvious. I suppose you could call the day shortening thing controlling the town, but seriously? What have you learned today that couldn't be learned during the second today? Does it matter? Also note that Webadict isn't here to say anything, so we're actually DOWN a voice!

Personally, I think you are the one with the shitty strawmen arguments in a desperate attempt to get me lynched, mafia-man. I'm not sure why, since if Alexhans is scum, you'd be killing off his number one supporter. If he isn't, you're breaking up an unlikely voting block, since I almost know Alexhans isn't going to think I'm town. (Oh, look at that, strawman argument just like you. Did you note that I left out the possibility that you're a misguided townie, just like you left out the possibility I'm a townie? I guess looking beyond what you want to see is too hard for you, eh?)

On your "You wanted a townie nightkilled?!?" thing, well think about it for a second. What, were you expecting the mafia to nightkill themselves? No, chucklefuck, they're going to nightkill townies. And who, pray tell, should the mafia kill? Why, they should kill the weakest townies who are the most suspicious, So yes, I was trying to get Alexhans nightkilled both because after the second day 1, he'll be a regular townie and because we'll all WIFOM over backwards about if he's scum or not. I say fuck that, I want Alexhans night killed. Skips all the bullshit and gets right to everybody else, who are way easier to read anyways.

Finally, we get some good solid answers out of you. Thank you, that clears up a lot.

Those are actually pretty decent reasons for what you've been doing (even if you have been a bit belligerent about it). I'm not giving you a complete pass, since you've had plenty of time to think up good excuses if you're scum, but I'm moving you down my suspect list for now.

So, who do you think are scum, Mr.Person? dakarian, obviously, but who else?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2009, 01:36:59 pm »

If Dakarian is scum, Archangel is scum (Boski would be probable scum in that scenario, btw, but I'm not sure). The only reason I can think of for scum to defend lurkers is if the lurkers are also scum.

Other than that, not so sure. Diakron is possible, but I'd have to read back. Too many people who haven't said much. Oh, and if it makes anybody feel better, Alexhans has made himself less town due to the fact that he doesn't want to take sides in the me vs. Dakarian thing. "Oh, you're both town!" is as close to saying "I don't want to get involved!" as possible. (Even if it is true, which it might be)

Dakarian, I love how you attack me for trying to control the town while you're trying to bully Alexhans into killing me by bullying the rest of the town into voting for me. Don't you think you're being a touch hypocritical?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 60