Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70793 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Hammer Strike
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2009, 01:23:10 pm »

We all know what's gonna happen: We're going to lynch chaoticjosh. Simple facts here, people, if he's lying scum, he's lynched. If he's scum and his ability is real, we've used it early AND cleared someone AND Alexhans can shoot for scum again. If he's town, again, we've cleared somebody and Alexhans can shoot again. This is win-win, and you've gotten yourself VERY high on my suspiscion list Dakarian.

I understand your reasoning MP, but you kind of ignore Dakarion's point, which is that he wants the most time for the town to discuss, and clear up any ambiguities. Just hurrying things along to their logical conclusion seems counterproductive, and you missed this point, instead just trying to flip the suspicion back onto him?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2009, 01:31:03 pm »

Unvote.
Vote Sir Josh.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2009, 02:01:00 pm »

"Gimme a c!"
"C!"
"Gimme an h!"
"H!"
"Gimme an o..."
Wait, so the computer is really going to try and give a votecount like this?  You quickly get a pen and paper, and end up writing:

chaoticjosh: Pandarsenic, RedWarrior0, chaoticjosh, cheeetar, alexhans, Mr.Person, ToonyMan
Alexhans: Boksi
Boksi: Mephansteras
Archangel: Diakron
dakarian: Zaithemaster
Mr.Person: Dakarian

Day ends in approximately 24 hours.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2009, 02:12:13 pm »

We all know what's gonna happen: We're going to lynch chaoticjosh. Simple facts here, people, if he's lying scum, he's lynched. If he's scum and his ability is real, we've used it early AND cleared someone AND Alexhans can shoot for scum again. If he's town, again, we've cleared somebody and Alexhans can shoot again. This is win-win, and you've gotten yourself VERY high on my suspiscion list Dakarian.

I understand your reasoning MP, but you kind of ignore Dakarion's point, which is that he wants the most time for the town to discuss, and clear up any ambiguities. Just hurrying things along to their logical conclusion seems counterproductive, and you missed this point, instead just trying to flip the suspicion back onto him?

We could go in circles with what if's and shit, or we can just see what happens. As ToonyMan so nicely put it, we're all either going to grudgingly go along with CJ's plan, or willingingly go along. What else is there to talk about?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2009, 02:27:33 pm »

Quote from: Mr.Person
We could go in circles with what if's and shit, or we can just see what happens. As ToonyMan so nicely put it, we're all either going to grudgingly go along with CJ's plan, or willingingly go along. What else is there to talk about?

What's the harm in waiting until someone can confirm what his role does? Your insistence that we just end the day is making me rather suspicious of you, MP. Why not keep people talking? We can still scumhunt, after all, regardless of what chaoticjosh's role does.

Besides, by keeping the day going we can do several things.

1) We know that webadict was town, so we can start analyzing who voted for him. Much like we'd do day 2 in a regular game.
2) We should get as much voting pattern and reasoning out of people as we can. Regardless of the truth of Josh's role, I'd like to know why people are going along with it without knowing if he's telling the truth.

This is too much like what happened in Vote Mafia 2 with the Unlimited voter. Everyone kept going 'Oh, well we know what's going to happen so we should all just stop thinking and accept it', even though there was a lot we could still do and learn. And you know what? As scum that game we made great use of that mindset to help us win.

Scum can get away with sloppy thinking and rushed decisions, since they already know what's going on for the most part. Town can't. I don't know what Josh's role is, and I'm not willing to let him just decide what we all do today without thinking about it first. He's clever, and very good at finding breaking strategies in these games. So, yeah, if he's town he's got a great idea and we're off to a great start. If he's scum, he could be setting a trap for us that'll put us in a much worse situation.

You might be willing to trust everything on his claim, but I'm not. Josh has proven time and again that he's willing to lie and manipulate everyone to win. Unless I get some proof that he's town, I'm simply not willing to just accept that he's telling the truth.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2009, 02:33:12 pm »

Unnecessary hostility duly noted.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:16 pm »

Quote from: Mr.Person

What's the harm in waiting until someone can confirm what his role does? Your insistence that we just end the day is making me rather suspicious of you, MP. Why not keep people talking? We can still scumhunt, after all, regardless of what chaoticjosh's role does.

Besides, by keeping the day going we can do several things.

1) We know that webadict was town, so we can start analyzing who voted for him. Much like we'd do day 2 in a regular game.
2) We should get as much voting pattern and reasoning out of people as we can. Regardless of the truth of Josh's role, I'd like to know why people are going along with it without knowing if he's telling the truth.

This is too much like what happened in Vote Mafia 2 with the Unlimited voter. Everyone kept going 'Oh, well we know what's going to happen so we should all just stop thinking and accept it', even though there was a lot we could still do and learn. And you know what? As scum that game we made great use of that mindset to help us win.

Scum can get away with sloppy thinking and rushed decisions, since they already know what's going on for the most part. Town can't. I don't know what Josh's role is, and I'm not willing to let him just decide what we all do today without thinking about it first. He's clever, and very good at finding breaking strategies in these games. So, yeah, if he's town he's got a great idea and we're off to a great start. If he's scum, he could be setting a trap for us that'll put us in a much worse situation.

You might be willing to trust everything on his claim, but I'm not. Josh has proven time and again that he's willing to lie and manipulate everyone to win. Unless I get some proof that he's town, I'm simply not willing to just accept that he's telling the truth.

Welcome to what-if land, population: you. What could possibly make him win by getting lynched day 1? You tell me, it's your responsibility. Jester? I suppose, so we probably should wait for confirmation on his role.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2009, 03:55:03 pm »

Well, the only two people who haven't said their known roles yet are Alexhans and brothernature. I'm not sure why Alexhans wouldn't have confirmed Josh yet, so I'm guessing that we're waiting on brothernature.

I want to hear more from him anyway, since he hasn't really done anything this game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2009, 03:57:49 pm »

While I cannot respond to specific queries regarding roles, I can say that there are no third party roles in this game.  The only ways of winning are from a town win or a mafia win.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2009, 04:08:51 pm »

Well, the only two people who haven't said their known roles yet are Alexhans and brothernature. I'm not sure why Alexhans wouldn't have confirmed Josh yet, so I'm guessing that we're waiting on brothernature.

I want to hear more from him anyway, since he hasn't really done anything this game.
Not much time but pay more attention Meph  ::).   I did post my info... it's leafslug wich knows 2 roles (if that person hid that fact he was probably scum).  read back.

Im curious about the bookadict role, though...  I'll have to check it later.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2009, 04:14:37 pm »

Sorry, I read back through the thread but must have missed when you did that.

Ok, so we know we're waiting on brothernature. Now, if he'd just show up again...
Come play Mafia with us!

brothernature

• Escaped Lunatic
  • You really are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »

Sorry. Huge storm knocked out my internet last night. I was so pissed that I couldn't get on Xbox Live. Anyway....I know of Cobrarsenic, and he does do what Josh says. Day resets when he is lynched and the clock goes back and everyone who died that day is back. Drawback is that it only works once.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2009, 05:04:22 pm »

Ah, ok. Thanks brothernature.

Now that I know Josh is telling the truth...Unvote. Vote chaoticjosh.

Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2009, 05:49:29 pm »

Very well.

Unvote.  Vote chaoticjosh

While I won't block an attempt to shorten the day, I think we can make good use of it.  Use the time in between now and the first lynch to debate more. 

*hoping to be able to do that scan he so needs to do*
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2009, 06:09:41 pm »

Unvote.  Vote chaoticjosh

Can i just bandwagon on this  ;D

im all for scumhunting and asking people random questions to test their responses.

... but i am lacking in this department...
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60