Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70760 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 3 - In Mafia, Noone Can Hear You Scream...
« Reply #705 on: October 08, 2009, 11:21:05 am »

I've already posted today you silly bear. I'm just lurking I'm just waiting so I won't post at 1 in the morning and say something stupid again. In the meantime, I think Dakarian is town (He's been super helpful) and I think Zaithemaster is unhelpful but probably town, and I'm going to think heavily about Cheeetar. He could go either way, depending on what he says.

Only post you made so far was a joke combined with a "Oh wait. In any case, there's no way for me to say this without looking like scum, but do remember that Alexhans thought I was town."

WIFOM+self defense= Very Ugly Post

Now the only person you're looking at is Cheeetar?  And you're waiting for him to speak.. about what?  He's already answered my questions.  He's already written a bunch.  If you're still bothered about something, how about asking him a question?

If you have no questions, then who ARE you after?  After 3 days, SOMEONE must look bad enough to warrant aggression from you.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 08, 2009, 11:29:18 am »

Suddenly you look over to the whiteboard, which, in spite of the fact that noone is taking notes, nevertheless contains the current voting intentions of each person.  How peculiar.

Mr.Person - Diakron
dakarian - webadict, ToonyMan, Cheeetar
ToonyMan - chaoticjosh
Diakron - Zaithemaster
Vengence - Mephansteras

The phantom whiteboard slowly disappears.

Oh, and just to say, noone other than Brothernature has been replaced, since Zai has pm'd me to say he feels better.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 08, 2009, 12:32:55 pm »

@Josh

I think I see your plan now.

Well, I'm looking through Meph's posts (a little tricky to use the 'last posts' section since he hosts two games) to see if I can find a link anywhere.  It's a little messy since he kept himself back but I did notice something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To sum up what's in the spoilers:

Meph started off on Boksi early, and would reference him occasionally while no one was looking at him. 

However, once pressure started building for Boksi and his postings proved to be ugly to some, he jumped and went for brothernature instead. 

Once the WOT madness ended and it was clear that Alex/Person weren't going to die, he came back to join in against Redwarrior insisting that he'll go after boksi later no matter Red's flip. 

Afterwards, Boksi is left off the hook. 

Now that you're back, Boksi, any thoughts on this matter?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 08, 2009, 01:01:13 pm »

Zaithemaster: He hasn't been feeling well, apparently, but his posts... They seem pretty pointless, the few of them he's made recently. Diakron is an obvious target, so Zai might be trying to quickly start a bandwagon and then retreat into the shadows. Until proven otherwise, he's a 4 in my book. If you can respond, Zai, that number is still quite malleable, because I'm in no way certain. If I can get more info I can be more sure.

Diakron: His lack of capitalization and general attitude may make him look scummier than he is, but even taking that into account his behavior is either incredibly foolish or scummy. I rate him 4.

Oh ho ho, you can't do this. Well, you can, but it's scummy. You can't say Zai is suspicious for suspecting Diakron when you yourself suspect Diakron. Also, you're being ridiculously mild, you can't say EVERYBODY is scum, somebody has to be scum.

Mod: Can I get a list of who's replaced who? It's kind of confusing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 08, 2009, 01:16:26 pm »

Wait, so Frelock is still playing?

@Mod

I want a list of who's currently alive, and a Prod for Frelock if he's still in the game.

I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 08, 2009, 01:47:37 pm »

@Dakarian:

You keep throwing up words for me to read, so I scanned through them all a bit.  You are accusing me of getting to close to Webadict and trusting his words?  This is simply not true, I went against him early when he said Alexhans (or Mr.Person I don't remember) was Town.  Turns out he was Town.  He told me to hit myself with a lead pipe (I did not).  I agree with him this time, because it is TRUE.

Dakarian, this post doesn't say anything!  You just went over what a good townie should do.  I still believe you to be scum, remember when Pandarsenic (a confirmed dead townie now) said that people like to encourage me into lynching wrong people? (that being Alexhans who was nightkilled).  You knew Alexhans was Town, you knew that and you said I was doing a good job and should continue!

@Sir Josh:
@Josh

Considering you know Toony, what about him is exactly NOT Toony-town?

Note I don't say 'Normal town'.  We all know Toony-town doesn't act like how we want him to act.  We don't have time to hunt folks we don't like.  What makes him SCUM rather than his normal self?

Furthermore, is Toony your only target?  Any idea on who the other two are?

I wouldn't say I KNOW Toon, as I've really only played a handful of games with him, but if I had to say it, it'd be because scum toon reacts badly to tension. Not pressure, but tension. By that I mean the more 'serious' the day is, he gradually gets quieter and contributes less, opting to go with safer bets.

As for who else might be scum? I'm thinking:

Diakron (For generally being suspicious and not making sense)
Cheeetar (For reasons being made apparent by Dakarian)
Boksi (For lurking up until now)
Frelock (Replaced Brothernature, then is replaced himself by Nihilist? I think that's the first time that's ever happened in mafia. Not quite sure what to say.)

WA said that Cheeetar is very likely town, so I'm willing to mark up his awkward defenses as general awkwardness if WA can assure me there's solid evidence for his claim.

@Boksi

I'm glad you could join us.

Quote from: Boksi
I'm going to mull over things for a while before voting though. See how things progress.

I hope you can stay with us more consistently from now on.

This is true, I do not like tension.  However!  This does not mean I do not have Town as best interest in my heart.  I want to help Town for once!  I usually live to end-game anyway...at least now.  I AM TOWN.  I don't like tension either way.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 08, 2009, 01:53:52 pm »

Frelock has replaced brothernature.  That is the only replacement that has been made in this entire game.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 08, 2009, 02:24:36 pm »

@Dakarian:

You keep throwing up words for me to read, so I scanned through them all a bit.  You are accusing me of getting to close to Webadict and trusting his words?  This is simply not true, I went against him early when he said Alexhans (or Mr.Person I don't remember) was Town.  Turns out he was Town.  He told me to hit myself with a lead pipe (I did not).  I agree with him this time, because it is TRUE.

Toony.. what?

I wrote ONE post to you this day.  The ONLY thing I spoke about you was that I wanted your reason for thinking me scum.  I didn't link you and web.  On the contrary, I wrote that you had DIFFERENT ideas from web (who, at the time, was just wanting to finish his list). 

Everything I wrote was to other people based on THEIR posts and THEIR beliefs. 

I don't tend to think of you as misreading people's posts.  Tunnel yes but misread.. no.  Is something wrong?

Dakarian, this post doesn't say anything!  You just went over what a good townie should do.  I still believe you to be scum, remember when Pandarsenic (a confirmed dead townie now) said that people like to encourage me into lynching wrong people? (that being Alexhans who was nightkilled).  You knew Alexhans was Town, you knew that and you said I was doing a good job and should continue!

Thanks for the compliment.  I didn't write 'what a good townie should do'.  I wrote 'what "I" have done'.  To confuse one for the other suggests you believe my actions to be similar to that of a good townie. 

Btw, the entire reason why I posted that was to answer Web's question.  He asked "what makes me town."  That's my answer.  I prefer something more specific while others answer that question for themselves but I don't question dodge. 

I said you were doing good to pressure Alex.  Unlike others, I don't consider your posts useless.  They pressure people in ways that are hard to attack.  It allows for interesting exchanges like the Alex/Toony bet. 

The only time I knew Alex to be town was when he died.  Until then, he was doubtful but still possible.  Continual pressure helps NOT just to confirm scum but to also confirm town as well.  I figure enough pressure would finally end the entire Alex/Person question, perhaps even without a Person-lynch. 

Notice that I'm not bashing you or hating you for attacking me.  I WILL ask for reasons though because that's how I handle my defense.  Of course, if you are thinking me scum because of Web's gut then, like web, I have nothing that can defend myself for it.  If you have your own reasons, then we can talk more.

@Sir Josh:
This is true, I do not like tension.  However!  This does not mean I do not have Town as best interest in my heart.  I want to help Town for once!  I usually live to end-game anyway...at least now.  I AM TOWN.  I don't like tension either way.

Nice thing about tension, though: it causes people to crack.  Even Toony Craziness can crack, exposing your true nature.  Once you do crack, we'll be able to know if you're honest or not.

I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 08, 2009, 02:27:08 pm »

Oh, and Frelock posted yesterday, Dakarian.  I don't think enough time has passed to give him a prod.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 08, 2009, 02:30:11 pm »

Zaithemaster: He hasn't been feeling well, apparently, but his posts... They seem pretty pointless, the few of them he's made recently. Diakron is an obvious target, so Zai might be trying to quickly start a bandwagon and then retreat into the shadows. Until proven otherwise, he's a 4 in my book. If you can respond, Zai, that number is still quite malleable, because I'm in no way certain. If I can get more info I can be more sure.

More info on what? You hardly said anything here, aside from my last few posts (most done while sick) were pointless and I'm going after Diakron. Why is voting Diakron a bad thing? Is voting for, say, dakarian any better? Is voting for no one and not committing the "correct" thing to do in your mind? Though I suppose not voting is better if you plan on becoming inactive so that you wouldn't be able to change your vote.

I believe Diakron's acting abnormally, even for being Diakron. I'm not voting for a quick bandwagon; if I wanted one of those, I could just join the one for dakarian. People aside from myself have shown a reluctance to vote Diakron so far, so why would I try against hope to get a bandwagon on him? I vote for him because I firmly believe Diakron to be scum.

In his last few posts, Diakron mentioned that he thought M.P was scum since Day 1. Why then did he vote for Frelock, a guy just joining the game, rather than vote for M.P? He says M.P had numerous scumtells, but doesn't share any of them, instead relying on vague attacks. He also says that M.P is the "only target" right now, but once again doesn't tell us why.

I then attempted to pull some answers and reasons out of him. To this, he responds that I need to reread Day 1.5. He says he is "reverting to that" because "all the people i wanted to vote have cleared themselves in my eyes." For one thing, this answers none of my questions, and is just evading arguments. If all the people he wanted to vote for (these would be who he thought was scum if he was town) have cleared themselves, then why is he going after M.P? He says he always thought M.P was scum, so he obviously wanted to vote for him. But then, after all the people he wanted to vote for have cleared themselves, why is he still going after one of them?

The logic in his posts is half-baked and doesn't connect. He's scum. If he wants me to change my vote, he damn well better argue as to why he's town.

And yeah. I'm feeling quite a bit better. And more aggressive. Connection? Probably.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 08, 2009, 03:19:06 pm »

My apologies, I had a circuits exam today(which I did horribly on :().  Please give me 32 hours before you start replacing me, alright?

I suppose I'll put up a list of my suspicions like boski.  Seems like a good idea

From least to most scummy:
Webadict - Self explanatory

Toonyman - He does what he always does as town: tunnelvision, hunt down those he's even slightly suspicious of, and pursue them with a vengeance until either they crack or are cleared.  Somewhat meta-gamey, to be sure, but still is a good indication.

Cheeetar - As web is a confirmed townie, if he's 99.99% sure that someone is town, I'm willing to give them a good probability of being town.  I'm guessing he's been confirmed by some night-action or another that web just doesn't want to explain in public.  Why should having a confirmed townie be a good thing if we can't listen to what he says?

Zai - Been sick lately, but always felt town to me before that.  Also, his recent posts, while an attack on diakron, that doesn't seem to be especially scummy to me.  You're right, Boski, Dai is an easy target.  But he's easy because he looks scummy.  I don't see anything wrong with attacking a scummy person.

Mr. Person - Alex was near-certain that he was town, but his insistence on that point knocks him down a bit.

Boski - Haven't been able to get a good read on him.

Chaoticjosh - Already mentioned his bandwaggoning, also seems to buddy up with dakarion.

Diakron - More on this when I get back from class.

Dakarion - I love it how this quote:
WIFOM+self defense= Very Ugly Post
follows this one:

What I find interesting is that you explicitly list off a list of things which are "townie-like."(by the way, the correct answer to web's question is not a list, it's "because my role PM said so")  Now, you'll probably call that the "too townie" fallacy, but I call it a question of your playstyle.  Do you simply follow the list of town-tells whether you're town or scum?  However, I'm personally inclined to say you're town simply on that point.  You've made a lot of good posts with a lot of good content, and your reasoning is logical.
More on this when I get back from class.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 08, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »

As for the correlation: It's a reason why I don't like that question "why are you town?"  You're stuck giving WIFOMs and defense, making a fluff answer like "because I am" or question dodging.  I answered for the sake of answering.

"by the way, the correct answer to web's question is not a list, it's "because my role PM said so""

That's not much better, honestly, and I worry if anyone will actually consider that 'pro-town' to answer that. :P

Seriously.. what are the charges that are being used to mark me scum? 

I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 08, 2009, 04:15:16 pm »

SCUM SCUM SCUM.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 08, 2009, 04:28:41 pm »

As for the correlation: It's a reason why I don't like that question "why are you town?"  You're stuck giving WIFOMs and defense, making a fluff answer like "because I am" or question dodging.  I answered for the sake of answering.

"by the way, the correct answer to web's question is not a list, it's "because my role PM said so""

That's not much better, honestly, and I worry if anyone will actually consider that 'pro-town' to answer that. :P

Seriously.. what are the charges that are being used to mark me scum? 

Actually, Frelock is right about the answer thing. There really isn't an answer. It's more like... How you answer it. If you think some of the things you did during the game make you town, then you're probably not town. Because you either are or aren't town.

Given that and your smiley-face thing, I'll make a HUGE LIST OF THINGS!

Ahem.

Number 1: Because there's only a limited number of people that can BE scum right now. Those being: dakarian, Diakron, Boksi, Mr.Person, chaoticjosh (95% sure). I guess I might be wrong about chaoticjosh however, since he DID make a confirmed townie. He could've avoided that and simply gone on with the game, giving the scum a better lead at the cost of himself. Probably later. So, we'll remove him for now.

That leaves... dakarian, Diakron, Boksi, and Mr.Person. And since Alexhans says Mr.Person is town, I'm inclined to believe him. He tends to understand Mr.Person very well, and I'm NOT so sure about him, but hey, we'll go with it for now. (He WAS wrong about me... I'll give it a chance)

So, dakarian, Diakron, and Boksi.

Boksi makes sense, since he's the counter-role to Mephansteras. Meph was sure if there was a role that would target him, it'd instead target Boksi. Like a roleblocker. So, he killed the first Night. Ergo, we'll assume that for now. Also, Mephansteras voted you first Day. Terrible, terrible scum...

Diakron. Diakron knows two roles. He didn't initially release his two known roles at first. I'm pretty certain it's because Meph told him to after he'd said one. He then later released them and his role to make up for it. If Alexhans hadn't held back on that, I'm sure Diakron would've released earlier. Thanks Alex.

Now, to dakarian. You simply have a terrible role that won't help us even IF you're town. Which you're likely not. Which is almost what you said to Alexhans. But you didn't vote him. You just told him he was being scummy and that he should stop. Not buying it... You were also very against the chaoticjosh lynch Day 1. I wonder why? You seem very buddy-buddy with Mephansteras. So does Diakron. You're also very against your own lynch, even with a terrible role. You seem very cautious when you vote people. You ask a lot of questions Day 1. A lot of stupid questions. And you're generally suspicious. Or is this not enough for you? Would you think it's better to keep you alive with that role?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 08, 2009, 04:48:41 pm »

@Toony

That's nice Toon, very nice. Now, can you answer the question I posed to you?

Quote from: Frelock
Chaoticjosh - Already mentioned his bandwaggoning, also seems to buddy up with dakarion.

So wait, are you implying here that it's scummy to protect people you think are town? This might be hypocritical of me, since I did my fair share of attacking Alex for defending MP, but it's a little alarming that so few people share my sentiment. Especially jarring is how, yesterday, your sole opinion of Dakarian was:

Quote from: Frelock
Dakarian-
I've got nothing.  Perhaps I just like his posting style too much, but I can't see why he's suspicious.  Perhaps he's just flown under my radar but for the time being, he's neutral on my list.

So what happened that caused Dak to jump from neutral, to your most suspicious person? Especially since you said that you're inclined to believe he's town.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60