Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 71009 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Leafsnail Continues to Regret his E8 Inspired Role
« Reply #585 on: October 01, 2009, 01:22:53 am »

Care to explain why, Webadict?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2009, 01:40:19 am »

@Dakarion You made surprisingly little comment on the RedWarrior mislynch, despite your usual long-windedness.

Now, I'm developing a little theory of my own on who's in the scum team, and it involves you. Before I divulge anything however, would you mind telling us what you might think would me the most likely scum teams, given the information?

About not commenting on Redwarrior.. I actually do think he looked bad: a 'day kook' as I would call it.  It makes it tricky to read on who was scummy for voting for him since, in my eyes, a town would have a reason for doing so.

I do, however, accept responsibility for it since I was the one to drop the name when Alex was looking on and, it seems, anyone I point at turns into a bandwagon (Shows the Person, Alex, and Archangel bandwagons for examples). 

As for scum teams.  Hmm.. current flock would have Cheeetar and Pandasenic in it.  The other two would be among my neutrals and 'above neutrals'.  They would be little better than guesses at the moment.  After those two, I would start putting pressure on Zaith, though not sure what comes from that.  I'm hoping that once one or two scum get caught it'll make everything else become clear.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 01, 2009, 01:42:55 am »

Yeah, what is with the 'Meth' thing, anyway? I'm not a drug! :P

I keep reading your name with 'th' for some reason.  Also it's easier for me to type (blasted long distance 'P'). 

Josh got some revenge for you though with "ion" rather than "ian".
I KNEW IT!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #588 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:38 am »

MOD: Deadline?

I'm about to post.

for now, just in case... vote pandarsenic
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 01, 2009, 07:19:42 am »

Why didn't you want to hammer Mr.Person or Archangel when they were available to you Alexhans?
Do you read the game?  I think Mr.Person is town and there was no rush to hammer Archangel.  I wanted to get a feel on him and pressure ALL of the lurkers.
Quote from: Toonyman
#
# Backing Up Alexhans, I don't care if they both say that would be stupid, this is Mafia.
Your point is that mafia makes people stupid?
Quote from: Toony
I still don't like what he's playing right now, especially back when him and Alexhans were bashing me and making me look worthless.
Dude... what do you want me to do...?  I assume you're town and you're pushing for my mislynch all the time with the lamest arguments ever
Quote from: Mr.Person
Alexhans: Would you be in favor of a lurker lynch still? I know I'm not, I want to see an active player lynched, since I believe we now have enough info to properly lynch an active player and *gasp* actually hit scum this time!
Why wouldn't I be?  We just got rid of a player that would otherwise hurt town.  As I said.  Lurker lynch is always a choice in b12.  However, I'm not gonna rush into it.
Yeah, what is with the 'Meth' thing, anyway? I'm not a drug! :P
lol.   I was thinking the same thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think that bandwaggon was formed by town.  Mostly.  Scum avoided being on the mislynch because scum KNEW RedWarrior was town.

Zai, Diakron and Meph worry me.  They're too neutral.
Boksi, brothernature and Archangel are gonna be a problem.
Quote from: Pandar
Also, I never voted for RedWarrior0 and didn't want him dead.
That must mean you're town then... ::)
Quote from: Diakron
Alexhans: why would you hammer a lurker and leave suspected people behind? that plus the fact you hammered 2 townies make me want to keep my vote on you.
Who are the suspected people?  Suspected by whom? I suspect all lurkers and want them out.

if someone hammers a townie that means they're scum, right?  right?

I agree with Toonyman about Pandar buddying to him.  He said at some point something like: "sigh... I hope you're right Toonyman.   Vote ..."
Quote from: Pandar
I thought (and still think) you were right. I think M.P and Alexhans are doing a sort of Refuge In Audacity thing.
riiiiiight... like joking around halfway throught day 1 instead of scumhunting?  That was bold...
Mephansteras.

Mephansteras.

Mephansteras Mephansteras Mephansteras.
Can somebody blame me for killing him?  Look how he has been acting this game... Web... I hope you already assigned the PR actions.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 01, 2009, 07:51:42 am »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 01, 2009, 07:56:29 am »

The computer is beginning to flag, and the day is almost at an end.  It feebly prints out a votecount.
Mr.Person: Boksi, Pandarsenic
Archangel: webadict, Archangel
Alexhans: Diakron
Pandarsenic: Dakarian, ToonyMan, Alexhans
Dakarian: chaoticjosh
Mephansteras: webadict, webadict, webadict, webadict, webadict

The deadline will come at around 8pm GMT +0, which leaves you with 6 hours.  No, the deadline will not be extended, not even by 5 minutes.  THIS ENDS HERE.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 01, 2009, 08:34:07 am »

Well, we hammed now, and one way or another we pressured everyone to some degree.

*looks over the WOTs.*

I wonder if it was enough?  But, I guess that's about it.

@Everyone  Is there anyone else that needs to be voted on?

*silence*

Well, that's ok.  We got to do a lot of debate this day, so I guess that's enough.  We can end the day.  I planning on a little more, but we can lurk a little and rest if you want.  Let's gather it all back  up for Day 2.

*slowly starts to walk away from the thread*

;D

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 01, 2009, 09:02:14 am »

Pandarsenic: If you had all the votes, who would you lynch and why? Who else has been acting scummy, in your opinion?

Something is rubbing me wrong about Dak and Cheeetar; if I had all the votes, I would interrogate everyone extensively, confer privately with webadict, and lynch based on that.
"who you would lynch" results in a passive accusation and a "I'll need to think about it?"

If I had to do it immediately, I would cut down Mr.Person because I'm dying to see if I was right.

Two people look highly suspicious to you and you're going to kill out of CURIOSITY!? 

What's more, why wasn't Alex/Person on that list if you're still agreeing with Toony (who wants them dead).  Why is Cheeetar on that list when he still suspects Alex/Person AND, would have me dead if Person flipped town?  If your suspicions are correct, that's bussing all of his scumbuddies. 

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 01, 2009, 10:05:03 am »

The problem with Mephansteras is that if we don't lynch him now, we never will. He's about as sly as me when it comes to talking his way out of things (...I don't know if that's a good thing...). He needs to be lynched. Whether it's today or tomorrow... It needs to happen. He's scum. SCUM SCUM SCUM! If you have no one better to lynch, lynch him! Some one promise me that you'll lynch Mephansteras. Or kill him. Something.

But, yes, Pandarsenic is suspicious.

And I'll get to your precious PR crossing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 01, 2009, 10:05:50 am »

...Actually, don't kill him. That would be bad.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 01, 2009, 10:38:06 am »

I can promise this, Meph(yes, I had to rewrite that :P) will be first on my mind Day 2, which is saying a bit since I was planning on another going there.

about the 'don't kill him'

Do you mean Meph or Panda and why?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 01, 2009, 11:47:59 am »

Oh, and I've just noticed that according to my own rules I should've ended the day about 2 hours ago.  For that reason, I'm gonna give about 15 minutes more till deadline.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 01, 2009, 12:09:39 pm »

There is a lot of arguing, but you finally come to an agreement.  The last day has been far too long, and for some reason you have been getting an annoying sense of Deja Vu.  Here is what you have decided:
Mr.Person: Boksi, Pandarsenic
Archangel: Archangel
Alexhans: Diakron
Pandarsenic: Dakarian, ToonyMan, Alexhans, webadict
Dakarian: chaoticjosh

After much consideration, you decide to lynch Pandarsenic.

A familiar looking pentagram suddenly appears on the floor.  It would seem that the computer intends for you to use the pentagram as your de facto lynching spot.  Remembering something Methilestesas told you yesterday (or was it the day before?  Your memories are starting to become confused), you realise it's a Circle of Dramaticism - all events going on in it are 10x more dramatic.

Pandarsenic sighs and steps forwards.  He looks up, and draws a gun from his pocket.  He throws it aside, out of the pentagram.  For some reason you seem to remember him standing in the pentagram... but this time it's different, somehow.

All of you look to each other uneasily.  You aren't entirely sure of his guilt.  In spite of all that has happened today, you still have doubts.  Is he really innocent?  Well, there's only one way to find out.  Webadict takes up the dropped revolver, the one which Pandarsenic retained from Shot in the Dark mafia and steps into the pentagram with Pandarsenic.  The lights around the room fall, apart from a single spotlight on the pentagram, bathing it in an eerie glow.

Webadict levels the revolver at Pandarsenic's head.  "Goodbye" he says "I suppose there's only one way to find out if we were right or wrong about you..."
"There's nothing that can be done" says Pandarsenic, sighing, "Shoot."

The room falls silent as webadict places his finger on the trigger, and in an unbelievably sluggish movement...

He fires.  You see the path of the bullet, which moves straight through Pandarsenic's chest. Pandarsenic looks surprised as he falls backwards in what looks like delayed motion, seeing a trail of his blood arch spread through the air in front of him.  He hits the ground, and finds his breath rapidly leaving him.  He has time for just one word before he passes away.  Everyone suddenly stiffens - for some reason, this is the last thing you remember.  The scene of him lying on the floor in his own blood... perhaps this means?

"Damn."

You sigh in relief as time continues normally.  The pentagram dissapears from the floor, and Pandarsenic's body is left lying there.  You search his room, but find nothing... except a LOT of books.  Tonnes of books.  Must've been a bit of a bookadict, in fact.  You find nothing on him or in his room to indicate that he is anything other than Hotel Aligned.  You look down at the huge book on his table, and open it to the page that seems to be bookmarked.  The writing is incomprehensible, but the bookmark...

You are bookadict.  You are a magnet for hopelessly broken roles.  While you have no powers this round, the person receiving your role as their known role will think you have a godly power.

This means that... the scum are still at large.  The computer generated scum are still out to get you.  You think about staying up to try and avoid being killed, but it's no use.  You feel something pulling you, something forcing you to go to bed and sleep for the night.

Note: Go ahead and look back at the first day ending text.  It's got some parallels, yeah.  Kinda coincidental that I chose Pandar to be the executioner first time round, but I guess it worked out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:13:05 pm by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Night 1 Breaks the Loop
« Reply #599 on: October 01, 2009, 05:38:08 pm »

Quick note - Frelock has replaced Brothernature, and has received both the role and known role of BN.  No other replacements are currently needed.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60