Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 70945 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #450 on: September 28, 2009, 08:03:20 am »

Cursing the world is part of what gets you in this situation.  It means you aren't arguing constructively.  It means you'll make mistakes you don't plan to.  It'll mean you aren't playing as well as you should.  You and Mr. person didn't just piss off everyone with your bad attitude, you ruined your defense.
Wrong.  I've achieved much more than you could've imagined with my cursing, sarcasm and agressiveness.  I have been thinking clearly.  It was not emotion just directed agression.  Wich is a totally valid strategy and it sometimes pay off. 

You're just going for ad hominem.  Saying that my attitude has invalidated my arguments.  If you're clear headed enough to analyze it you'll notice that, no matter what adjectives I might've used to refer to people, I've always argumented stuff trying to leave no loose ends.
Simply put, when someone asks you a question, and you answer with "that's just bullshit" instead of ANSWERING the question, you've ruined your defense.  Nevermind the swear, you could've said "oh, I'm so sorry, but that's not really the best way of going about things, but that's ok" and you STILL end up with a ruined defense.
I disagree.  After saying it's bullshit.  Wich means that I strongly disagree with it I follow up with an explanation.  The fact that people want to ignore them because they don't like how I've been prodding everyone just means that they're not ready to leave emotional ties.

What can I say.  That's your point of view.  Saying that someone's defense is ruined if he is not The popular guy
You say it doesn't make sense for us to pair you with someone who hasn't flipped yet.  Well, it doesn't make sense for you to go crazy to defend someone who hasn't flipped yet.  I've all but said that I believe Toony is town and yet, if everyone bandwagoned them, I wouldn't destroy myself over it because I DO NOT KNOW HIS ALIGNMENT.  I could be wrong and he could be scum.  I would have to read over those posts they put.  Even if I believe he's town, if I couldn't counter the arguments, I would be forced to accept them, or at least let them carry it out.  If they had a poor argument, I would push them on it, but I wouldn't call them all morons for following suit.  At worst, if they killed him and he flipped town, an analysis of the bandwagon might net a scum.
I didn't go crazy ar first.  But as soon as I defended him people started asking me why more and more and misinterpreting both of our actions and posts so I went gradually more convinced of my read.

I didn't destroy myself over Mr.Person.  I fought for what I believe in.  I believe this town was playing in the worst possible way and I needed to come forward and turn this game upside down.
The link between you two exists for one and ONLY one reason: YOU KEEP REINFORCING IT!  I've tried hard.. HARD to think of you two seperately.  I considered you town and Person scum.  I thought of Person as neutral while you were scum.  I had you as town and him as neutral at one point (when Archangel was in my sights)

Yet every time.. EVERY SINGLE TIME I even poke at one of you.. even the smallest poke, I get BOTH of you attacking me, insulting me, threatening me, accusing me.
if I trust Josh.  If I trust Webadict.  Hell! If I trust that you are town... And any of you corresponds me... Does that meann that we are on a scumteam?  NO.  It doesn't. 

Remember beginners mafia?  Linking 2 people to make a decision is not a good idea unless you have a flip.  I thought you would've learned that by now.
Now you want sympathy.  "Oh no, the town thinks I'm some stupid idiot person scum.  They are so blind and I can't do anything to save them.  God, please bless these poor blind souls and bring them the Light of Truth before they doom themselves to Hell."
I know someone was going to say something like this.  I'm just tired of being agressive for the moment.  It takes a good deal of thinking to know how far you can go without completely antagonizing people.  I don't care if you hate me for a while as long as you learn something from it.  I CAN do something to save you.  I''m trying my best at the moment.  You've called me an idiot and keep calling me one so don't pretend to be offended if you think that phrase you've posted is what comes from my mind (wich is not, but I've long gone surrendered to the fact that you think you know what goes on inside my head)

All in all.  You've said Im scum because Im linked with Mr.Person.  Wich is ridiculous.  Because I haven't quickhammered anyone yet when random people kept nagging me to do so.  I've been agressive.  I've pulled at stunt wich ended with me calling Toonyman town.

This sounds like Cheeetar's case of Pandar.  The only difference is that I've done so much more things that there's also so much more things you can make up with my posts to build a fake case.
What would be my dream?  If you had hammered Archangel, he flipped scum, and we strung up Panda as scum.  After that, Person makes a mistake and we net the third scum, winning the game in 2 days (3 scum is part of the dream :P). 
Naiveness doesn't help in mafia. 
You being town with a well controlled hammer was my dream.  YOU ruined that.
If town is not good enough for me I can't really forfeit my responsability to hammer right, can I?  I can still hammer and you might agree.  If I end up doing so it will probably need Webadict's seal of approval because he is confirmed town and because he is pretty good at mafia.  See how he moved on past my mistake?  No grudges.
Either you aren't reading or you are playing dumb in that last part. "I" am the one who called for your death.  I started the bandwagon, even to the point of counter arguing the Confirmed Townie to do it.  You dying is on my head, and I'll gladly risk me being wrong and killing the 'town dayvig' to do it.  Unlike your "Just kill the lurkers" self, "I" don't kill 'useless' or 'annoying' people.  Bokai looks to be even more anti-town than all of the mafia combined, but I believe he's a genuine Uncaring Townie at the moment.  I HATE the belittling your posts sometimes get peppered with, but trust me, I'm not hanging you for it.
If I just killed the Lurkers Archangel would be dead by now.  If I don't pretend to enforce strongly the Lynch all lurkers policy (Wich I've never had to use in mafiascum but I need to here) then lurkers know there's  no need to come out because no one will lynch them for lurking because it is a null tell.

If you leave every "uncaring townie" a free pass to the latter parts of the game you'll find yourself in a game where the only ones who care are scum.  Bad idea.

You're saying you will assume full responsability if you mislynch me.  That's the same mistake you did in beginners.  You GAMBLE with an alignment at the risk of your own life.  Remember when you were after a townie and proposed people to lynch yourself and then him?  You're acting the same here.  When you say I risk myself because of my Mr.Person read you're doing much worse by pretending to know my allignment and suggesting that if you're wrong youll take the fall for it.  Guess what?  You're wrong.  That's lesson 2:  Admittance of mistakes before you make more of them, specially ones you can't take back. 
I'm hanging you because I believe you are scum.  I believe you are an aggressive scum that tried to use your hammer for a quick kill then got sidetracked by the Reset.  I believe you use your aggressive and analysis to throw off the town and attempt to push lurkers to feed the town some easy kills.  I believe you realized that you've been too close to Person and know that inconsistency gets people killed faster than anything else.  You were right there: I go nuts over that.
You're seriously contradicting yourself.
How can you accuse of me of feeding the town with easy kills and also blame me for not fast hammering Archangel.

You're basically saying that wichever way I went I would've been scummy to you.

Anyway.  You're wrong.  You've been emotionally affected and now are trying to fit things the way you want them to be. 
I believe you used that pro-town look plus our dependence on your hammer to look pure and kept Person alive using those features.  Don't fuss, it worked and worked WELL.  We sat confused at you but in the end, we had a nice big bandwagon on Archangel.  You even flung a nice 'wait for his claim' like a good well-trained townie.. even though this is the wrong game for such talk.

The problem was Toony.  Toony is crazy.  Toony gets tunnelvisioned very easily.  He gets people angry with his mess.  He's not useless though.  An angry mafia dealing with unconventional attacks makes mistakes.  They get angry, hostile, and will do anything to get him to just shut up.

Like make a bet they can't honor. 
Emtpy WOT is empty.  You're working everything in your head to fit your theory instead of thinking what possible reasons could I have to do what I did.  You're on Alexhans-scum mindset.  You won't realize the truth unless you take some steps back, wipe everything and start again.

By your Toonyman theory Webadict (our confirmed townie) is scum.  He wanted nothing else for Toonyman than to shut up.
If you gave up on Person, I would've saw you as inconsistent, no matter how Person flipped.  If you took the bet...well.. who knows since you decided not to.  PERHAPS, if you let toony walk away and let it go, I would consider it a null tell: who knows what would happen, then just consider trusting you.
You're just saying that whatever path I chose and choose in the future there will be an explanation that concludes I'm scum. 
But you wanted toony to shut up.  He stepped away and  you thought "OO yes, That's scummy!" and charged.  It would've worked: I would've saw it and joined you with pressuring him. 

But you really should've just shut up about it and let him run.  Instead you tried to kill.  Toony doubled back on you and took the bet, trapping you in your own game.
You're clearly mistaking a mafia game with a drama movie.  You keep avoiding my explanation and keep making one reason after another to explain all the twisted schemes that I've been making and how they've failed or not.

Problem is...
You're starting to believe them
But don't bother with Toony.  The conversation ended soon after and everyone went on their own merry way until I showed up. 

Now here we are.  You're stuck and back on insulting the town again.  Now you want sympathy with an emotional outburst.  A pity Vector taught me better a while back. 
After I insulted you your feelings were hurt and the only explanation you can find to appease your mind is that I'm scum.

I'll give you the advice I gave Arch.  If you ARE somehow town, get to hunting and find the scum.  Stop wasting time defending yourself and others endlessly and get to the attack.  If you die, it'll clear your words and add weight and weaken your rivals.  If you find a scum, the town will, after your death, push them, prod them, and perhaps lynch them.  1 town for 1 scum isn't a bad way to play after all.  I'd give up a free day hammering for that.
You try to give me advice but ignore every advice I gave you.  Having a lot of bandwaggon hoppers behind your back doesn't make you right.  I think I have a bit more experience (here and there) than you and we could both learn from each other. 

Don't pretend I havent been attacking.  I've been attacking far more than any other player in this game and that's what's pissed so many people.

If I die you'll just keep ignoring what I say and probably pull some other mislynches. 
Quote from: dakarian
In the least, stop moaning about your fate.  You sound like a scum looking for some key, some words that will save your life.  The problem: Not being willing to die is the ultimate scum tell.
What's my fate?  Don't talk as if I was already lynched.  I'm not. 
"Not being willing to die is the ultimate scum tell?"  Excuse me but what the fuck!!  You like being replaced in a sport?  No, you want to keep doing your best for the team.  Not cheer from the outside.  You might like to die as town.  I don't and a mislynch is always a waste.  Im NEVER cool with a mislynch on a useful player.

Quote from: dakarian
So what's your response to that, Alex?
I don't think you care too much.   You're already getting some kind of sick pleasure for having me where you want me.  This is your one and only chance to get things right.  You've been tunnel visioning on me and calling most lurkers (active or not) "uncaring townies"...

Time to scumhunt in general... right?  Because after I use my kill... you need to lynch someone.
Alexhans, I understand you know what you've been doing would be bad scum play - but like it or not, Mr.Person has tied himself to you through his constant agreement and you've reciprocated. While I could believe Mr.Person made such a mistake and forced you to defend him, I suspect you would deal with it in a different manner - bussing him then claiming he was scum trying to look like town by encouraging people to go with a townie who was wrong about things, to be specific. Of course, the fact that you're saying you wouldn't deal with it this way creates WIFOM, but that's pointless to get into. What isn't pointless is that Toony has accepted your bet and you won't go through with it. I'm fairly certain at least one of you, Mr.Person, Toony, and Dakarian is scum.

I still don't like Mr.Person's behavior earlier, particularly in regards to telling us not to think for ourselves and just blindly follow Alexhans, and if Toony took the bet, he probably has a decent chance of success.

I think Toony's psychotic push succeeded in its purpose - causing scum to reveal themselves under pressure.

I'll unvote and return to Mr.Person because I want Toony's bet fulfilled if he still does.
You are certain that 1 of 4 people is scum?  what a bold guess... ::)  You're saying the same things dakarian said...

The fact that you pretend that Toonyman's random play revealed scum only adds insult to injury. I've succesfully read 2 people that have misread me and are about to fail really hard.  I don't think they're succeeding.
----------------------------
Anyway, I'm going to do other stuff for a while, so I probably won't say anything else. But I'm willing to die, and If I do, I want Alex to come with me.
see?  This is the kind of emotional things that we all need to get rid off to get to the next level.

I hope you remain active when you can, by the way.
--------------------------
I think we still have a day and a couple of hours ahead of us.  I don't know what the current votecount is but I'm guessing I'm at the top.

I will use my kill unless Webadict says otherwise regardless of who is leading the votes. 

After I use my kill: 
Don't lynch the following people without proof :
Mr.Person, Josh, Dakarian, Toonyman.

and THINK.  And kill the lurkers before they become a liability.  Scum won't kill them.

RedWarrior and brothernature are my favourite kills.   Where are they and Boksi anyway?

If Web manages to convince people and waggon any of them I'll be glad to send them with the fishes.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 28, 2009, 08:26:55 am »

Heh, wow. I really don't know how to say this, but Webadict, you're wrong. Alexhans is scum.

blah blah... same old stuff... I'm failing horribly and tunnel visioning.  After active town players get killed at night I won't know what to do and blame it on others. 
Well... Town doesn't want to learn.  Town will find out the hard way.

Web... I'm waiting for your thumbs up... whenever you want.  I push the button.  You know what to do with this game.

Dakarian... Learn from this... and lynch scum for a change.

And to all of you who keep thinking I'm scum despite all the proof that lies before your eyes:

If I was scum... And Archangel was town... I would've hammered him.
If I was scum... And Archangel was my scumbuddy.  I would've hammered him.  Seriously... Do you think I would doubt for a second to buss a player who's playstyle I dissaprove?  I don't think he could add too much to a scumteam.  I know it from one paranormal.

But I can already hear you saying: "weeeefom, wifom, wifum."
wich is wrong because WIFOM means outguessing someone into a vicious circle.  There would be no choice for me if I was scum but to hammer Archangel.  None.  You don't need to outguess anything.  It's obvious.  But you're going to ignore it. 

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 28, 2009, 08:27:37 am »

Alex: We won't gain much by lynching Red or brothernature as they have been mostly lurking, not commenting much. If you, say, lynched Mr. Person then you would have a lot of information from his alignment flip. Not that anything I can say will make a difference in who you lynch.

Quote from: Cheeetar
The link between you two exists for one and ONLY one reason: YOU KEEP REINFORCING IT!  I've tried hard.. HARD to think of you two seperately.  I considered you town and Person scum.  I thought of Person as neutral while you were scum.  I had you as town and him as neutral at one point (when Archangel was in my sights)

Yet every time.. EVERY SINGLE TIME I even poke at one of you.. even the smallest poke, I get BOTH of you attacking me, insulting me, threatening me, accusing me.

You've admitted it, since the link exists only because we reinforce it, it can't exist because we're on the scum team :D

On a more serious note, well no shit Sherlock, what were you expecting, us to roll over and bow to your will? I think Alexhans is town, so I defend him. He thinks I'm town, he defends me. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE SCUMMY, PERIOD.
I didn't say that. Don't say I said that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 28, 2009, 08:32:23 am »

Alex: We won't gain much by lynching Red or brothernature as they have been mostly lurking, not commenting much. If you, say, lynched Mr. Person then you would have a lot of information from his alignment flip. Not that anything I can say will make a difference in who you lynch.
Man!  You're just making a statement that you will allow people to continue lurking.  If you don't lynch them they will continue to do nothing.  Maybe they're not even reading (Wich means they wont find scum).

If I, say, lynched Mr.Person I would be lynching a player who I think is town wich would be dumb.  By then you'd finally realize that Alex+Mr.Person was the stupidest thing that you could've ever imagined.

Do the following:  Assume Mr.Person town and tell me what you get from it.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 28, 2009, 08:36:48 am »

Dakarian is scum, Pandar is scum, Josh is scum.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 28, 2009, 08:40:01 am »

1) Could you walk me through that process?  Why would they be scum if Mr.Person flipped town?
2) Why wouldn't you? 
3)Do you think all lurkers would be town then?
4) Do you feel that Dakarian is not genuinely scumhunting?
5) Does Josh's play doesn't count in his favour?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 28, 2009, 08:41:43 am »

Boksi.  You're online.  Come and post please.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 28, 2009, 08:42:27 am »

What? I thought you meant if I just assumed that Mr. Person was telling the truth right now. If he flipped scum when he was dead I would continue to suspect you, mainly because if you were scum you would buddy up strongly with town such as Mr. Person (your words).
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 28, 2009, 08:44:38 am »

The main reason Mr. Person is not dead is you. If you withdrew and let him die and he flipped town, it would look like you were scum and buddying strongly with town before letting them go before lynching him, to make yourself look good. If, however, he flipped scum when he died then you would probably be cleared, as you can right now stop his lynch and a confirmed townie trusts you.
I've played some mafia.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 28, 2009, 09:06:02 am »

I'm not sure if anyone else has received a similar PM, but Alex sent me one:

Heh, wow. I really don't know how to say this, but Webadict, you're wrong. Alexhans is scum. I'm not sure what logic you're using or if you have some special info you're not telling us, but any plans you might have of forcing Alex to daykill for the town is spoilt completely by the fact that Alex isn't going to listen to anyone except himself, and he'll fabricate whatever excuse is necessary to keep from using it on who he doesn't want to use it on.

MP, don't think anything I say is an insult to your intelligence, but you picked up on a theory I've been entertaining for awhile:

Quote from: Mr.Person
I'm willing to risk that Alexhans is scum because, at the moment, I feel very confident he's town. If he roleflips scum and then the rest of you guys bandwagon on me, I will at least post my suspicion list and put as much pressure as possible onto anybody I think is scum. I'd probably do my damndest to argue that he tricked me, but I already know it would never work (This, btw, is the reason why I would NEVER do this if we were both scum. As soon as one of us dies, the other one is the next lynched, guaranteed.). My expectation is for him to flip town, however. In fact, in a best case scenario, he never flips until the game is over. I just don't want people I think are townies to be lynched. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

If there's any reason at all to believe you're town, it's this. A scum Alex wouldn't defend a scum MP, but a scum Alex would defend a town MP. It's kind of like in Paranormal 9, day 1, where I convinced Toon so completely of my towniness, that I had him defending me. I think this is what Alex has done to you, fooled you, and has manipulated you into defending him.

But there's an point in your rationale that bothers me MP:

On a more serious note, well no shit Sherlock, what were you expecting, us to roll over and bow to your will? I think Alexhans is town, so I defend him. He thinks I'm town, he defends me. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE SCUMMY, PERIOD.

Whil I was typing this, I just realized something. Imagine, for a second, Alexhans is scum and I'm town. Would he not of, you know, acted on his bet with ToonyMan? Not only would it kill off a townie (At the town's request, no less), but it also would have made him seem less scummy and put a major egg on ToonyMan's face as well as half the rest of the town. This just makes me all the more certain of Alexhans not being scum. Of course, it could be, say, a ToonyMan Alexhans scumteam, but if that's the case, I precongratulate you two on managing to be hard to detect... but also really stupid.

In the first two sentences, you say that if you think someone's town, you should defend him, period. If I may ask a question, should you still do this if you don't have solid evidence? Should you do this if you have to resort to broken/half-assed arguments? Should you do this even if it means potentially poisoning the town's momentum? You believe too completely in your reasoning, and you've never bothered to go "Well, I could be wrong..." and rethink your position. No, you just found an answer, and chose to stand by it no matter what, which brings me to my next point:

You see MP, the reason I think everyone's giving you a hard time is because you believe too strongly in absolutes and ideals. Where someone in a situation will always pursue the 'correct' choice for that person with no room for deviation, where logic is linear instead of branching, and people never make mistakes or doubt themselves. Alex made a large mistake, multiple actually, and like it or not, he's paying for it.

My thoughts on Alex have already been summed up most superbly by Dakarion.
finally you realize that Mr.Person + Alexhans doesn't make sense...

Now you drop all your previous suspicions on Mr.Person and go after me...

Everything I do or say you'll try to make it fit in your Alexhans scum mindset.  I repeat... I'm not stupid.  I know how to avoid being suspected if I want to at the cost of scumhunting less.

Once I kill myself I hope you start thinking for a change about HOW SCUM ACTS.  Remember how I won paranormals as scum.  I LURKED!!!! That was the way to win.  Being active in bay12 gets you lynched.  People only look at those who are active and apparently there's not enough experienced players who can think clearly.  Of the fantastic 4... 2 are failing hard (one is possible scum though)...

I don't know how you can fail so hard and make the same mistake of all b12 games. 

Anyway... Once I kill myself (no, it's not a bluff, it's a measure to ensure we might have a chance to lynch scum today) you should lynch Redwarrior or brothernature.

Be careful with Zai, Cheeetar, Pandar and meph... Those are the ones that post carefully and try not to antagonize people... Those are the potentially active scum players.

Rather than respond to you via PM Alex, I'll respond to you here. To be honest, it reeks of desperation.

For one, you wanted to appeal to me personally to get to me to unvote you. Secondly, you've played the "Only active players get lynched" card to death and back, and it's yet to convince me. Thirdly, I feel the "I'll kill myself because I'm so town" statement is a gambit, and your very last resort, and you even insist that it's not a bluff. The only thing I can say Alex, is that I believe it IS a bluff, so I'm calling it.

Also, this is probably just me, but I thought that everything Dakarion said was pretty reasonable, but you just went through every point and basically said they were all tainted with emotional garbage and thus invalid, which I think really doesn't defeat any of his points.

However, on the slim chance that it does turn out I'm wrong, then I promise you Alex, I'll take your advice and I'll also pick up the lynch all lurkers policy. Is that a deal I can make with you Alex?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 28, 2009, 09:09:34 am »

funny... First you say that we are linked together and both scum and now that it's likely that one of us will flip (town) you start saying that the other one is going to be suspected because he would be buddying up.

They are, in fact, my words.  I just find odd thay no one would acknowledge them before.  It doesn't make sense that so many people on different sides all pretend that if we throw a dice I'm scum because it it came out .  I'm scum because it came out 2. And 3, 4,5 6...
What did you mean by this?  Can you answer my questions based on the assumption that Mr.Person died and flipped town?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 28, 2009, 09:23:47 am »

Quote from: josh
Rather than respond to you via PM Alex, I'll respond to you here. To be honest, it reeks of desperation.

For one, you wanted to appeal to me personally to get to me to unvote you. Secondly, you've played the "Only active players get lynched" card to death and back, and it's yet to convince me. Thirdly, I feel the "I'll kill myself because I'm so town" statement is a gambit, and your very last resort, and you even insist that it's not a bluff. The only thing I can say Alex, is that I believe it IS a bluff, so I'm calling it.

Also, this is probably just me, but I thought that everything Dakarion said was pretty reasonable, but you just went through every point and basically said they were all tainted with emotional garbage and thus invalid, which I think really doesn't defeat any of his points.
You dissapoint me, Josh.  I pm-ed you for a reason.  I don't know if you do this with every person you pm.  When you pm-ed me in other games I didn't post it in the thread.  You're trying to use it as further proof to push a fake case.

That was my first pm (as I dont really like the feature because it allows for game breaking strategies far to often) and it was meant for you.  What odd satisfaction do you get by posting it here when I havent flipped?  It's just a betrayal to good sportsmanship.  Forgive me but, you suck man.  Not only you're mislynching me but you mock me while you're at it.

I wasn't intending on showing everyone that I was definetly going to kill myself because now they'll think its a bluff and wont play until I do so.
Quote from: Josh
However, on the slim chance that it does turn out I'm wrong, then I promise you Alex, I'll take your advice and I'll also pick up the lynch all lurkers policy. Is that a deal I can make with you Alex?
It's not a slim chance.  It's a fact and you'll need to deal with it.  No excuses.  It's not so much lynch all lurkers but allow no lurkers.  If you have to lynch them to get a read... do so. 

You need reads in mafia.  READS.  Towntells and scumtells.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:14 am »

I love how you guys are leaving me out of the bet, like I'm some kind of spectator. I don't want to get day killed simply because not only will that be a waste of a day kill, but more importantly, IT WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING EXCEPT MY ALIGNMENT! Ok, great, now what? I can see it now, you guys would simply ignore my scum list (Pandarsenic, Archangel, and any of Diakron, Broski, Cheeetar,ToonyMan, and Zaithemaster, in order of most likely to least likely, this is up to date). Hell, all the damn scum on the bandwagon are probably just looking to either A) Break up a powerful town base or B)Make Alexhans look innocent/ToonyMan look bad or C)Make a whole hose of bandwagoners look bad (Depends on how much of the wagon is scum and how much of it is town.
Panda is already on my own possible scumlist.  Archangel... go speak to Alex as to why he's not dead yet because if I had the hammer, he'd gone once that majority kicked in. 

Diakron, Zathemaster.  I need to look deeper on those two.  I wouldn't mark them town by any stretch.

Broksi: He needs more pressure.  At the moment, he smells of 'useless townie', but no reason to let him fly under the radar for that.

Cheeetar: possible scum

Toonyman: Only one I'd argue against, due to his hunting and his willingness to take up that bet.  Of course, it would be helpful if you spent less time defending yourself and Alex and more time scrounging up info on him...

Stop playing the town for dumb stupid sheep that NEED your guidance to survive.  If you are a townie, then be ready to DIE like a townie.  If you have vital proof that one of those is mafia and you die without putting it out then it's your fault for spending more time defending than attacking.  If you still need more time to accuse and question then you should be throwing out those questions even though we've been pushing for you (yes, some will say 'deflection scumtell" but you don't seem to care about the other scumtells you throw out so why care about that one?).

Without doing a deep anal, your death will:

Help, though not completely, clear Alexhans
Finish off Archangel, who's only alive because of the big "I am scum" sign you two both hold.
Allow us to move on to Meth, Panda, and zeith

I STILL haven't gotten an answer I'm satisfied with that explain why people think I'm scummy. I've brought up points, I've argued, I've scumhunted, I've even pushed people (Sadly, on Pandarsenic made himself scummier, and I don't think I've explained that one, I'll do it tomorrow)

Early game you kept disrupting early scumtelling instead of attacking fresh people. 

You then tried to get the town to act mindlessly.  The town should ALWAYS be questioning so the mafia can't use the mindlessless as a loophole.

You get hostile, bitter, angry, and insulting once pressure is put on you. 

You skip over people's questions

You horribly skew people's arguments, thus misrepresenting them.

To those that see Alex as scummy but not you, defending alex without stating a reason links the two of you together (note: you didn't say ANYTHING about why you see him innocent until RIGHT NOW, 30 pages into the game.  When I asked Alex the same thing he dodged my question then threw a quick snide comment about it later).

Which leads us to your next paragraph.

Hey, you guys wanna know why I think Alexhans is town?

Yes

It's simple, actually. It's also meta. When Alexhans pulls crazy stunts or schemes, he's pretty much always town. He correctly guesses as scum that pulling the stunts puts a TON of suspicion on himself. And would you look at that, he's gotten a ton of suspicion on himself! Holy shit, it's like we're psychic! No, wait, it's called deductive reasoning.

Alex poked about us living in a dream.

Part of my dream is you writing that FUCKING paragraph DAYS ago!

(another part is if you laid off the inane sarcasm.  Please just, JUST STOP that, NOW!)

So it's meta that your basing it off of.  Meta FEW OF US HAVE.  Meta you never bothered to share until NOW.  And you WONDER why we're confused over your defense of him?

Find, so there's WIFOM in it as well, but the whole #$)%# town is drunk off of it so why not another one.

In any sense, it FINALLY, FINALLY explains your link with Alex. 

No, seriously.. you don't know what that last paragraph, said plainly (once I ignore the %)(#%$ sarcasm, which is getting hard at this point) does to me. 

But let's move on.

I want somebody to say, with a straight face and without lying, that thinking another player is town is scummy, because I'll tell you for a FACT, thinking another player is town is both common and a null tell. Well, until we start getting roleflips, but since we don't, nobody has that kind of knowledge.

It's also pretty ugly.  Constantly screaming that someone is town helps the mafia who would want to leave the town with nothing but suspects.  It also means that a mafia could use that to sow confusion like, say, making you HATE a person because they attack your buddy, or making the town drag you into the mud due to the buddying.

Then there's the fun "I swore he was town, but he turned out to be mafia" mess. 

Oddball WIFOM: since Alex knows his meta game so well and knows that you know, what if Alex is playing you for a fool by acting loony just because he KNOWS you will defend him?

No, that's not serious, but it's one of the fun things that show up when analyzing things. 

Oh, and I'll say this.  Mafia HAVE been known to hang on to the most trusted townies.  Note that "you're stuck on web, that's scummy" DID show up a few times. 

Now, if you think, say, that Alexhans is scummy, thinking I'm scum by relation is stupid, until the roleflip comes in. Yes, I've said it: Unless you can confirm the side of one player, you CANNOT get tells from other players based solely on their opinion of each other.

I wouldn't have minded THIS showing up as well MUCH MUCH earlier in the story.  I also believe that Day 1 team finding is poor townie play.  Note that, even when I felt you both are scum, I only hunted one of you at a time: you early on and Alex later on.  When I REALLY pressed, I had one as scum and the other as either a town or a neutral.  Still, it would've helped some of the others who are trying to create the entire scumteam.

Btw, reading player opinion isn't for scumtells, but for determinine motive, which I believe is more important than simple scumtells.  Scumtells can net you the wrong person (like, say, someone who does crazy scummy looking things as town). Motive can find the truth behind the games.

It also helps with consistency and for explaining odd behavior.  For example, you gave your opinion on Alex, along with WHY you hold that opinion.  Because of it, it helps explain a lot of your behavior.

I'm willing to risk that Alexhans is scum because, at the moment, I feel very confident he's town. If he roleflips scum and then the rest of you guys bandwagon on me, I will at least post my suspicion list and put as much pressure as possible onto anybody I think is scum. I'd probably do my damndest to argue that he tricked me, but I already know it would never work (This, btw, is the reason why I would NEVER do this if we were both scum. As soon as one of us dies, the other one is the next lynched, guaranteed.). My expectation is for him to flip town, however. In fact, in a best case scenario, he never flips until the game is over. I just don't want people I think are townies to be lynched. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

Because you won't even question the idea.. you won't even hint and entertain the possibility, the mere THOUGHT that perhaps Alex is NOT town.

You're worried that Alex will flip scum and you'll die?  Meh.  That's a poor worry for a townie.  You should be worried that Alex would flip scum and never die because then you'd lose the game.

I would feel a lot better if you at least let yourself CONSIDER that idea since, as you said, NO ONE KNOWS ANYONE'S ALIGNMENT BEFORE ROLEFLIP!  Stop thinking in 100%s.  Day 1 is a horrible time for 100%s. 

Btw, a important point:  when you are able to see your own meta to the point of explaining every detail, it proves that you know and are capable of controlling your meta.

For example, I may be known for WOTing when town and being less WOTy when scum.  Well, once I KNOW that, I can simply WOT the next time I scum so everyone goes "Oh, he's town".

Meta breaks apart into pieces once the player is skilled enough to control it and knowledgeable enough to realize what they show.  That's why discussing Meta turns you into WIFOM real fast. 

I mean, if we all are to agree that "No scum is meant to play like that" then wouldn't it be smart and stylish for the scum to DO EXACTLY THAT then hide behind that sentence.

That's why you NEVER let yourself stop questioning.  It leaves loopholes for the mafia to slip into, and poisoned wine for the town to drink.

Hell, I haven't really seen anything that convinces me Alexhans is scum either.

@Dakarian: You're timid and afriad of death. Damnit, if you think ToonyMan is town, you should be defending him from anything you think is wrong. Anything less is, well, scummy. As you said, only scum is afraid of what their image is or death.

If I'm town, then I don't KNOW toony's alignment.  As such, I may be defending a scum or a town. 

If I defend him and he's town, we're fine.

If I defend him, he's scum and dies, I'll die, but we killed a scum.  I said this over and over: 1 scum for 1 town is worthwhile.

If I defend him, succeed in saving him, and he's scum.. we lose. 

That last, is what I fear.  Dying?  Meh.  I enjoy the fact that I have YET to ever be lynched in a game, even from back when I played these things live (even when I was scum, and yes, I won that one).  It's neat, even when half the games have had me on the ropes.  But I'm not stupid.  I'll be lynched, I'll die, and chances are, it'll be as town.  Nothing wrong with that. 

But I've already lost.. many times.  I've lost games to scum I swore was town.  I lost games by derailing a push to kill a scum and, instead, ended up killing a town.  I've defended people I swore was town and ended up as scum. 

Dying.  Meh.  That'll be easy for me.  Those that have played with me should know my meta.  Alex betted with Toony over what you'll flip when you die.  I made a bet with someone to kill me off and let themselves die if I turned town, and meant it. The mess I threw at Arc and Alex isn't BS.  I HONESTLY believe that if you are in a bandwagon you can't get out of as town then accept your death and take a scum with you. 

Perhaps I'll phrase it like you do:  Not defending a person is trying to save your own skin?  BULLSHIT moronic logic is bullshit and moronic.

Quote from: Cheeetar

You've admitted it, since the link exists only because we reinforce it, it can't exist because we're on the scum team :D

1. You really need to watch yourself. The mistakes aren't helping your defense. I said that, not Cheeetar.

2. You need to check who you are arguing with.  I said it to explain why people keep linking you.  I'm doing my best NOT to link you two.  It was a message to you that meant "STOP BEING SHOCKED THAT PEOPLE LINK THE TWO OF YOU"

Btw, the "Both of you are scum" scenerio involves the both of you hiding behind your meta.  Again, it's like me WOTing like crazy and screaming "I CAN'T be scum.. see?  WOT WOTWOT!" 

Consider it a compliment that I'm considering the idea that you two are so well controlled and crafty that you can analyze your game, find every pro-town/scum action, then play the part well while being scum.  That's not bad mafia play.  That's evil crafty mafia game with lots of tasty WIFOM for the town to drink.

It's also why using meta to save yourself doesn't work, at all!  In fact, it makes it worse: it turns all of your past town tells into WIFOMs since it's now easy to see you in scum chat saying "I know how to act pro town.  Watch me!"

I expected the both of you to explain your reasonings CALMLY, answer questions FULLY, treat the town as something more than just sheep for the slaughter. 

I expected you to push on either Alex for not hammering the person you believe is scum or to push Archangel so that you know, in your heart, that he is scum.  I expect Alex to question him or hammer him, not just accept him as town just because he wrote a few more words.

For that matter, I expected Alex to be actually HUNTING scum based on how they post and what they do, and use that hammer to give us a free kill.  Given that, if Alex is town, he's dead Night 1 since we can't protect Web and Alex, he'd use that hammer today.  If he didn't want to use it on Arc, he would have a better reason than "oh, he's finally posted". 

sidenote: if arc JUST wanted to use his hammer to pressure, not to kill, he should've said so.  The town's been hanging on the idea of a nice hammer kill on a suspect, not using it as some kind of hyperbig FOS (like having 8 votes on you isn't enough?)

I expect my arguments to be countered based on what I'm actually arguing about.  You have misrepresented me and others a few times now and used very awkward logic in other times (seriously, not defending someone that MAY be town = scummy self protectionism?!).  The 'cheeetar' mistake is proving that you aren't being careful in your posts.  That's not a scumtell in itself to me (to others it is though) but it heavily hurts your arguments and credibility.

So does the sarcasm and swearing. 

Whil I was typing this, I just realized something. Imagine, for a second, Alexhans is scum and I'm town. Would he not of, you know, acted on his bet with ToonyMan? Not only would it kill off a townie (At the town's request, no less), but it also would have made him seem less scummy and put a major egg on ToonyMan's face as well as half the rest of the town. This just makes me all the more certain of Alexhans not being scum. Of course, it could be, say, a ToonyMan Alexhans scumteam, but if that's the case, I precongratulate you two on managing to be hard to detect... but also really stupid.

YET ANOTHER paragraph I would've liked BACK WHEN I FIRST TALKED ABOUT IT!

It makes sense.  Alex scum+ you town would mean Alex would've taken the bet and ruined Toony since Alex would KNOW you were town. 

Which messes me up because I'm working on Alex scum/you neutral.

I'm going to need another post to write on.  I need to reset my thinking a bit.

Fakeedit:  Just saw the MASS of posts Alex wrote.  I still don't like his tone so I'll need a second to think before dealing with him.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 28, 2009, 09:46:47 am »

Quote from: Alex
You dissapoint me, Josh.  I pm-ed you for a reason.  I don't know if you do this with every person you pm.  When you pm-ed me in other games I didn't post it in the thread.  You're trying to use it as further proof to push a fake case.

That was my first pm (as I dont really like the feature because it allows for game breaking strategies far to often) and it was meant for you.  What odd satisfaction do you get by posting it here when I havent flipped?  It's just a betrayal to good sportsmanship.  Forgive me but, you suck man.  Not only you're mislynching me but you mock me while you're at it.

I wasn't intending on showing everyone that I was definetly going to kill myself because now they'll think its a bluff and wont play until I do so.

Hmm...

You know Alex, when I play this game, I never take anything you say or do personally, despite how much you might think it does. I'm sorry if posting the PM seems like a lame move to you, but I only saw it as possible deceit, which you prepared for by wording it very well. I'm very sorry if my conduct seems unsportsman-like to you, but please understand my viewpoint, where doing everything possible to win trumps any obligation I have to an abstract idea. So what I'm saying is, it would be unsportsman-like of me to NOT do it.

Do you understand my side of things?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 28, 2009, 09:55:57 am »

Ok, instead of being smart and thinking, I go and read over Alex's post.  As I thought.. not a good idea, but it helps me to finally see what I don't like about the argument.

Alex, you keep screaming "you're wrong, you're wrong" but most of the time, you don't say WHY.  It takes pushing after pushing after pushing to get you and Person to explain yourselves.  Moaning over 'the failed town' DOES NOT HELP THE TOWN and neither does acting holy.  You know you've been leaving scumtells so you should know the town and scum would jump on it to condemn you.  Instead of dealing with it, we get "you're playing horribly you fool".

Thankfully, I don't need to use your egotistical mess.  Person FINALLY saved you.

He actually EXPLAINED a few things, like why he keeps defending you, why it's bad to link the two of you together (you're making the mistake he did in misreading me.  I DON"T like linking you two and I believe in treating you seperately.  I'm NOT voting on you because of Person nor did I go after Person because of you) and, the biggest, a good reason why you could still be town while failing to honor that bet.

@Everyone

If Alexhans is scum and Person is town, Alex would've hammered Person.  There was no reason for him NOT to do so since it would've messed up Toony.  Even if it didn't CLEAR Alex, it would help him by disrupting the town.

Given that, it's crazy to think that Alex is scum without Person also being scum.

As such, either Alex is town or BOTH are scum.  As such, if you believe they are both scum, hitting Person first is best, rather than hitting Alex. 
Unvote

Although, Alex, once you stop the moaning and groaning and misreading of my text I'll be able to listen to you again.  Better yet, how about just ignoring the whole mess and get back to nice tasty scumhunting. 

As for Person.. meh, he's still neutral to me.  If he's scum, we can lynch him Day 2.  We don't need to hammer him to finish up The Bet after all.  Meanwhile, he's gotten a large bit of his sarcasm and browbeating out of him and back into explanation posts.

Though he needs to stop the 'I can see it now" bit.  It's old.

The rest of everything... oh blah now I have a good 10 or so pages to analyze?  Oh well, carry on my wayward son.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60