Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377659 times)

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #4065 on: November 12, 2012, 05:23:19 am »

They're all pretty good. But if you lack the time to do full blown pieces try your hand at quick studies. Grab a random picture of something, make it incredibly tiny (makes the details mostly indistinguishable, thus speeding up the process) and eye out the colors as you block them in.

Anyways, I'm thinking of starting a project thread of sorts. It would be a community project of worl building but not in the usual sense. I was thinking of featuring one main charachter, a pilgrim of sorts on a great trip across the continents and each week one us takes their turn in thinking up and drawing a part of his journey. No general setting, whatever strikes ones fancy, just try to keep it consistent.

So, anyone interested?

The weekly thing is mostly because I'm short on time and whoever else joins will have plenty of time to think something up and draw a piece (or more).

I'd be up for it man. I don't get enough excuses to draw exterior spaces enough and I think it would be awesome to do like an Azarch kind of nomadic series.
I don't have a ton of time, but it only takes me six or seven hours to do something pretty decent and it seems like a lot less if I split up the time.

I just need to know what the pilgrim looks like and what kind of continent we're talking about.

Where can I sign up?

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: November 12, 2012, 08:36:38 am »

I guess we are waiting for the project thread?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: November 12, 2012, 02:11:11 pm »

The thread should be up and running sometimes during the week, kinda busy atm with the exams and stuff so I don't have much time for anything.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: November 13, 2012, 10:22:14 pm »

Got bored a bit ago and wanted to practice drawing something from real life, most convenient example was right at hand.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: November 15, 2012, 07:54:55 am »

Just made pretty simplistic drawings in Paint.net.

I'm quite happy with how they came to look, considering I'm not very good artist to say the least.

I have three slightly different versions of it. Which do you like best?
Spoiler: Mountain range by day (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:02:35 am by anzki4 »

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 15, 2012, 10:14:57 am »

anzki4: Monet did similar things :D

You should tone down saturation in darker pictures, because of the Purkinje effect

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 15, 2012, 11:01:27 am »

Yes, that looks much better. Thanks joss.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: November 18, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »

I drew some arms today, that's about all.

Any comments or critique on my arms?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 19, 2012, 01:04:40 pm »

So I've decided to try my hand at 3d modelling again, after way too long.

Here's what I have so far (NSFW)

http://i.imgur.com/E59zq.jpg

by this point I got sick of doing it, so I'm taking a bit of a break.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:39 pm »

Interesting Japa, could certainly use a bit more work of course.
And yeah, 3D modeling requires a shitload of time and dedication, far moreso than most other art.

Ok so I did a few sketches using posemaniacs.com today on the little 30 second timer drawing thingy app(technical language), these are the first 8 anatomically focused drawings I have ever done in my life.

(It's a 1600x4800 image for purposes of drawing it and clarity for anyone hoping to view it, just a friendly warning if you happen to still be on dial-up or somethin)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want to comment on a specific one feel free to refer to them in this order.
1, 2
3, 4
5, 6
7, 8

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 19, 2012, 03:58:10 pm »

It's a great improvement bombzero, you should do more. I make sure to do a couple hundred every week. 30 and 15 second gestures
are great practice in learning form. Ideally you should be drawing real people, but posemaniacs is hardly the worst substitute.
I can't wait to see how good you become after some practice.

Also, that image is six times the size of my monitor, you should make your images smaller if you know they're going to be on the web.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 19, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

It's a great improvement bombzero, you should do more. I make sure to do a couple hundred every week. 30 and 15 second gestures
are great practice in learning form. Ideally you should be drawing real people, but posemaniacs is hardly the worst substitute.
I can't wait to see how good you become after some practice.
Thanks, and yeah these are actually fun right now, I imagine that will change as the novelty wears off, but hey. it's good for now.

Also I have some other sites like posemaniacs but with real images, I'll be doing those after I get more practice at the form itself.
Also, that image is six times the size of my monitor, you should make your images smaller if you know they're going to be on the web.
MUWHAHAHAHA NEVER! Though in all seriousness I draw them at this size and resizing them is more than I am personally willing to deal with, they're several times larger than my monitor as well.
I will consider using the width tag to make them a tiny bit smaller in the future though.

I also did some on the untimed mode for fun.
Click to enlarge if you can't read my terrible handwriting on the little comments, still might not help.
Spoiler: large (click to show/hide)

stickadtroja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: November 20, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »

Jopax what is happening to the project thinge you were going to start?

bombzero "resizing them is more than I am personally willing to deal with" dude... how long does it take? 10 sec? its for your own sake though, if you want people to look at your stuff, cuz i can promise you that i at least never bother to scroll those humongous images.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: November 20, 2012, 10:35:31 pm »

Jopax what is happening to the project thinge you were going to start?

bombzero "resizing them is more than I am personally willing to deal with" dude... how long does it take? 10 sec? its for your own sake though, if you want people to look at your stuff, cuz i can promise you that i at least never bother to scroll those humongous images.

I used the width tag on the second one, that resizes it to a smaller size until somebody clicks on it, there you go.

I was mostly joking, I presumed people knew what joking was.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »

Oh god, what the hell are these things, are they supposed to be legs? They don't look like legs.

http://i.imgur.com/UmVym.jpg

Still not work safe for nekkid.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 296