Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377824 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3795 on: April 30, 2012, 08:18:32 am »

Oh yes, much better. That there is a cloud splotch.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:31 pm »

Thanks Ill post a legit piece whEn i get home today and then im going to be practicing the sun and sky (which ive heard can be a bitch to draw)

EDIT:

m'kay here it is, the 99% finished piece (because it doesn't include some minor touching up I did after)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

maybe it looks kinda funny, but that's only because this is actually clouds behind eachother
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:58:25 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: April 30, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »

Thanks Ill post a legit piece whEn i get home today and then im going to be practicing the sun and sky (which ive heard can be a bitch to draw)
Some references (from a recent holiday in Cape Town - where the sky was consistently beautiful):

I wouldn't even know where to start ...  :'(

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: April 30, 2012, 04:32:48 pm »

hmmm, thanks for the refs, I really enjoy the second and third ones, they're beautiful (you vaca-ed there? nice) the sixth one is great too.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: April 30, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »

Got inspired recently by all of the survival horror I've been playing and decided to sketch me a monster thing. I really enjoyed making this guy look like he was in agony, too.

Shitty webcam pseudoscan, so a large amount of finite details are left out, but it gets the main point across. All in all, I spent probably 20-30 minutes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:19 am »

Just a very quick doodle, messing around with colors and layers a bit, rather fun :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: May 10, 2012, 07:34:27 pm »

Yo day-awgs I hurd u lieks master and commander so I put yo napoleonic ship in a picture so you could look at stuff while reading O'Brien!

Man, napoleonic-era ships have a scary amount of detail

Critique. Pretty lazy I know.

Anyways, I was trying to draw the majority of the water and I was like :/ so I said "Fuck it!" and posted this (which is missing a ton.)

EDIT: Jopax, hope I don't offend you by saying this. but it almost looks like halo/crysis-y good jop (get it job-jop? *smirk*)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:38:10 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: May 11, 2012, 08:47:34 am »

None taken, Crysis is awesome :> (I'll let the Halo comparison slide this time :P )

The biggest issue I see with it is how distorted it looks, the hull is slightly too round, or so it seems because of the perspective but the decks are just all over the place. Now this might be the slightly curvy lines that represent the floor boards but it just gives it a surreal and twisted look.

I suggest you forgo details in favour of the general feel of an image, details can easily be filled in afterwards or even left to the imagination of the viewer but if you mess up the perspective the whole piece looks kinda wrong.

Hope that helped :)
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:45 pm »

I cant really make up much from the OP wether i should post this here, but these are some of my drawings, they suck hard but i tried my best. (and they are finished)
(links because the images are HUEG)
Oh, another thing, these are drawings of the tf2 maps ctf_2fort and pl_badwater, my biggest challenge is getting the characters right, the bridge drawings was nice, but drawing people is really hard for me. All the maps were drawn purely on my memory of how these maps look.
The minecraft drawings are very isometric.
Another thing in the list: my eraser is my best friend.
RED balcony, 2fort
Bridge w/ people & seperate sentry drawing
Badwater, first CP
Minecraft, new player running away from zombie
Random minecraft characters

What do you guys think?

EDIT:
I like drawing mountains, too.

EDIT2:
Also, the base of all the images was drawn using the generic HB crayon i have at school because the teacher wasnt there and i had nothing else to do. Then the images were finished with the same(ish) HB crayon.

EDIT3:
My critic on that ship would  be that it looks like the sea is more of a sort of soft pillow that its slightly sunken into.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:12:03 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: May 13, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

Damn, your paper it's Hideous!!!!

Anyways, try to be less sketchy, I hate saying that because I myself am purty darn sketchy, but I think the perspective would be vastly improved with less...fuzzy (?) lines.

Also, concerning perspective, if you ARE going to drawing all perspectivey and such, get your horizon line and vanishing point in order. (If you need clarification just ask)

Stick figures...well, nuff said.

udder dan dat, good job.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: May 14, 2012, 12:09:47 pm »

I dont have any other paper when i'm at school.
The reason i draw sketchy is that i cant draw a goddamn straight line D:
Horzon line... yeah, i should do that. atm its basically just a few planes floating in a vacuum, but what is a vanishing point?
And as i said, i cant really draw anything else then stick figures, was really just a expiriment in what i could do with them.
Thanks for the critic!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:21 pm »

Use a ruler then, or practice drawing straight lines, it's not as hard as it seems :)

A vanishing point is a point that you imagine somewhere on the image (just a dot really) that all the lines converge to, depending on the number of these points you have 1, 2, 3 point perspectives. These are very nice in giving perspective to a scene and can help greatly in invoking certain feelings in the viewer (such as vertigo or the sense of speed).

Nicely ilustrated 2-point perspective drawing.

AS - IG

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: May 14, 2012, 01:20:29 pm »

Ya like jopax said use a ruler man, it might seem like 'cheating' but it makes perspectove look great, i use them for school drawings. As far as only drawing stick figures I can explain some basic lessons in anatomy and use of the armature. I think some of my pics a page or two back use them and display some anatomical sense.

Blue Viking Hog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: May 14, 2012, 01:30:25 pm »

Hello, I made this fan art for dwarf fortress  :)

What you people think?

I spent around one hour to two hours on it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: May 14, 2012, 07:03:53 pm »

It feels sketchy and rushed, but the feeling is there, which is the main thing. The lighting effects however are brilliant.

My major issue is the lighting on the two figures. The fisherman would get light bouncing off the water, even from the back, so the fisher would be a bit brighter. The monster would have light around the edges that hit, which would really show off the shape of the monster rather than leave it as a silhouette.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 296