Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377847 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3750 on: April 11, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »

I recognize the picture now that there is a glass in the hand. I don't know who made the picture, or who it is, but it was used in the youtube video for a Tango with Lions song. It's not the singer though, so I'm at a loss.

If you didn't point out the hand I would have missed it, but one of the knuckles is to large. Still an amazing picture.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3751 on: April 11, 2012, 02:02:39 pm »

I recognize the picture now that there is a glass in the hand. I don't know who made the picture, or who it is, but it was used in the youtube video for a Tango with Lions song. It's not the singer though, so I'm at a loss.

If you didn't point out the hand I would have missed it, but one of the knuckles is to large. Still an amazing picture.

Yeah, that's how I found it too. The song is called "In a Bar". I searched the comments on the video, but it doesn't seem that anyone knows anything about the photo. :/

I chose that picture because it was somehow... striking... I don't know how to describe it. There is something about that pose and the expression on her face.

Oh, I see about the knuckle now. As I said, I'm not really happy how I did the hand, but the pose was difficult.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

I stumbled on this feel free to take a look, it might help.

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humanaddendum.html
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 13, 2012, 06:39:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just a small experiment with the pen tool, I think it worked out quite well.
If sad, apply kittens.

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3754 on: April 15, 2012, 11:45:31 am »

Just a small experiment with the pen tool, I think it worked out quite well.

The lines are very clean and clear. The pen tool from which program? Don't tell me you did this in MS Paint? ???
Very simplistic, but good nonetheless. I also like how you gave the goblin clothes suited for warmer/tropical places.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: April 15, 2012, 12:08:43 pm »

Are those eyes or fangs?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: April 16, 2012, 01:49:31 am »

The lines are very clean and clear. The pen tool from which program? Don't tell me you did this in MS Paint? ???
Very simplistic, but good nonetheless. I also like how you gave the goblin clothes suited for warmer/tropical places.

Naw, I did this in photoshop. I don't think MS paint even has a pen tool.
I honestly didn't really think about the climate when drawing the goblin's clothes. I just figured he'd be too poor to afford a real shirt. But yeah, now that you mention it; he DOES have a desert-city thing going on there.
I think my subconscious thinks Aladdin is a goblin...

Are those eyes or fangs?

Those would be fangs.
If sad, apply kittens.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #3757 on: April 18, 2012, 05:02:53 am »

Some of you might have had a chance to see my works in the various illustration threads
Here's a small summary, critique greatly appreciated!

I should add that I'm really lazy - meaning I barely finish my stuff and it's mostly left crumbled in a corner somewhere.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: April 18, 2012, 10:56:43 pm »

-snip-

This is excellent! One thing I can think of right now: the edge between the chin and throat is an excellent implementation of a soft edge, but as a whole the picture could use some hard edges. Examples of good areas to have hard edges would be where the light skin meets the dark jacket, and where the face/hair meets the grey background. The picture doesn't even have to be super detailed to incorporate these kinds of edges, though in general it suffers from lack of definition. Look at the lick of hair sticking out; that's excellently defined. Now look at the clothing where it meets the background; it looks fuzzy, formless.

Hard/Soft Edges

This is an excellent tutorial that I keep coming back to. Hard and soft edges are usually the only thing I point out because they're the only thing I'm decent at noticing :b hope this helps!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: April 19, 2012, 01:27:32 pm »

Question: When drawing does anyone here use a mechanical pencil? Obviously when your NOT drawing with a tablet
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: April 19, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »

o/

I actually prefer it to a normal pencil, too annoying to keep it sharp enough for nice stuff, also I kind of like the damn thing, had it for a few years now, it has charachter :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 19, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »

Question: When drawing does anyone here use a mechanical pencil? Obviously when your NOT drawing with a tablet

I do line drawings with mechanical pencils while waiting at places. I avoid shading with mechanical pencils though. It's usually too uniform for that.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:18 pm »

I think this is my first post WITH PICTURE in this thread, of which I have long admired. I just got a wacom ('bout damn time) so I decided to check out layers and draw a little knight. He's a bit incomplete but hopefully it turned out well

WARNING: Colorful, your eyes may bleed!!! Also a bit confusing it's so darn cluttered

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3763 on: April 19, 2012, 06:53:08 pm »

I do line drawings with mechanical pencils while waiting at places. I avoid shading with mechanical pencils though. It's usually too uniform for that.

^

I've found that mechanical pencils are better at drawing lines because of their inherent thinness.

(hides)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »

I like normal pencils for getting mad fat lines, and because I don't have a good mechanical pencil.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 296