Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377842 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3735 on: April 06, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »

Unless it's the moon.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: April 06, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »

Testing out my new wacom. Everything seems to be in order, so I'm ready to get off my lazy ass and learn to draw! (Which involves a lot of sitting, so I'm told.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: April 06, 2012, 08:30:14 pm »

I put a fade on the mountains, and fixed where the horn looked like it was coming out of the pony's eye.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: April 06, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »

Much better! The only thing I can think of to try is adding a little more contrast in the energy beam.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: April 07, 2012, 12:32:30 pm »

Sketch for my next piece : LAITNEENG.

I want to fix up any troubles before I start the linework. Just so you know, my line work is in the style of the punk girl in my last post. Anything you guys can see that needs fixing up before I start tracing lines?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #3740 on: April 07, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »

Can*t say I see anything that needs fixing.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: April 08, 2012, 08:17:41 am »

I don't know much about anatomy or drawing humans, but that looks...wrong, somehow.  If you haven't already, I would look for some human anatomy stuff.

Also I increased the contrast between the blast/pony and I removed the defining lines from the mountains, opting to go for just the 'defined by color' style I like.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: April 08, 2012, 09:53:12 am »

Sketch for my next piece : LAITNEENG.

I want to fix up any troubles before I start the linework. Just so you know, my line work is in the style of the punk girl in my last post. Anything you guys can see that needs fixing up before I start tracing lines?

The forearm to the right doesn't taper at all, and you seem to be missing the deltoid for that arm.

The chest is also anatomically wrong. The abs should be more shaped, and the pectorals should be more outward rather than flat.

Spoiler: Chest muscle diagram (click to show/hide)

There are entire books dedicated to drawing anatomy. Bridgman's Drawing from Life is a good one if you want to pick one up.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3743 on: April 09, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

Obvious w.i.p. I like it, for now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:15 am »

The ear on the left is out a bit too far, but it looks good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the final image.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: April 09, 2012, 05:19:32 pm »

jc6036:
Right now, you have this huge magical energy blast taking over half the canvas, which I don't really think is good composition. The point of focus should be either the beautiful unicorn causing the energy blast, or the scenery being destroyed by the energy blast.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: April 09, 2012, 05:31:20 pm »

jc6036:
Right now, you have this huge magical energy blast taking over half the canvas, which I don't really think is good composition. The point of focus should be either the beautiful unicorn causing the energy blast, or the scenery being destroyed by the energy blast.
Thanks for the input! I'll go back and mess with the image when I'm done with the current one I'm working on. It's God Tier Aradia, but in the low res style I like.

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3747 on: April 10, 2012, 10:12:21 am »

Made some progress here. I realized I'm not that good with clothes. I also need to add a zipper where the whitest lines on the are.

About the left ear... She's wearing a white flower in her hair, and it's tricky because when I draw it detail it it sticks out too much. So I tried to tone it down a bit, but it merged with the ear. That's why I'll leave the flower out for now, and I'll try to do more details on the ear later.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: April 10, 2012, 10:16:50 am »

Wow, are you doing that just from memory/intuition or are you using a reference or what? It's amazing :D

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3749 on: April 10, 2012, 06:51:27 pm »

Wow, are you doing that just from memory/intuition or are you using a reference or what? It's amazing :D

Thank you very much! Well, I used a photo as a reference. But I can't figure out who the photographer or the subject are. :/ I can only wish being able to draw like purely by intuition. I guess only the best can do that.

Here is the complete picture.

I need to do the background, but since I never did that in my life and since it'll probably end horribly, I consider this the final version. If I do manage to do a decent background, I'll post it.

The hand looks weird, did the best I could there. But I really like how the face and the glass turned out.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 296