Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377951 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3480 on: January 12, 2012, 04:31:53 am »

From the outside, at least the reporter and I thought this looked like it was going downhill.

However, I didn't notice until now that the little stick figures were actually elements of the original drawing.  I thought lordnincompoop had replaced your drawing with those, which would have been worse.  It still seemed kind of bad, since the thread was getting a bit harsh, but as long as everybody is happy and keeps up a certain standard of being nice to each other, things will be okay.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:10 pm »

Spoiler: HUUUUGE sketchdump HO! (click to show/hide)

Your sketches would probably be showed off a lot better if you did the outlines in heavy black ink with a ruler.  Kind of like framing a picture, y'know?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: January 12, 2012, 06:58:38 pm »

Well they're sketches, extremley rough little scrabblings that serve just to put down an idea or a shape of an idea onto something solid before it evaporates from my head.

Fleshing them out is another thing that I'm working on right now where they will get proper care and development each little idea deserves. But that is on a short hold as my current current occupation is some B&W practice and playing with values.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: January 12, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »

Damn, I feel like an idiot.

... Frankly, that feeling was probably overdue, but I still feel like one.

From the outside, at least the reporter and I thought this looked like it was going downhill.

However, I didn't notice until now that the little stick figures were actually elements of the original drawing.  I thought lordnincompoop had replaced your drawing with those, which would have been worse.  It still seemed kind of bad, since the thread was getting a bit harsh, but as long as everybody is happy and keeps up a certain standard of being nice to each other, things will be okay.

Noted. Sorry again.

Spoiler: HUUUUGE sketchdump HO! (click to show/hide)

Your sketches would probably be showed off a lot better if you did the outlines in heavy black ink with a ruler.  Kind of like framing a picture, y'know?

I do agree, but since they're just sketches, presentation isn't a very pressing concern.

Well they're sketches, extremley rough little scrabblings that serve just to put down an idea or a shape of an idea onto something solid before it evaporates from my head.

Fleshing them out is another thing that I'm working on right now where they will get proper care and development each little idea deserves. But that is on a short hold as my current current occupation is some B&W practice and playing with values.

Would love to see some of that practice.

I'll post some of my stuff again soon, when I don't feel like I'm suffocating to death because of RL.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: January 12, 2012, 10:26:07 pm »

Yeah, it's just the main thing that jumped out at me from the entire page.  I found it hard to critique or even really think about the actual pictures because the messy framing was so distracting/noisy--and pretty much the same color as the sketches themselves.

So, I'm not trying to say "yurr y u not professional showoff," I'm saying "well, I'd like to say more about this, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on due to the noisy background.

(For what it's worth, I thought the stick figures were cute)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: January 13, 2012, 07:32:04 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:23:41 am by Ogdibus »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: January 13, 2012, 04:17:13 pm »

Ok, here's the practice piece, not quite fond of most of them, especially the lower right corner stuff since that was kind of forced out without much thought or energy put in it. But still, any practice I get is better than no practice :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: January 14, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »

A quick sketch of a generic dwarf warrior for a chess set I'm designing, it's rather crude and he doesn't have a weapon but it's more concept art than anything. I rushed on his boots because I could not get anything to look right, and I was focusing more on the torso and arms.

I also forgot to do anything with his eyes. Therefore I have named him Brock :|

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: January 15, 2012, 07:29:04 am »

The head form seems somewhat off. This dwarf seems to have neither cheeks nor ears. Seems a little strange to me with zero sideburns/other hair but that may very well be intended.

The boots... yeah. :P
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: January 15, 2012, 01:25:41 pm »

The head form seems somewhat off. This dwarf seems to have neither cheeks nor ears. Seems a little strange to me with zero sideburns/other hair but that may very well be intended.

The boots... yeah. :P

Yeah, I know. It's not something for art as much as to put a picture in my head... but yeah I figured I may as well share it :D

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: January 15, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »

A quick sketch of a generic dwarf warrior for a chess set I'm designing, it's rather crude and he doesn't have a weapon but it's more concept art than anything.

There isn't really any problem with the design as far as chess pieces go, but you can try for a more dynamic pose if you want the pieces to have more visual impact. I'm looking forward to seeing more designs as this goes along.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3491 on: January 16, 2012, 10:49:04 am »

Just wanted to drop a resource that people might enjoy and find useful.

www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond

It's a tool for practicing gesture drawing. The link explains the idea in detail.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: January 18, 2012, 01:33:00 am »

Just wanted to drop a resource that people might enjoy and find useful.

www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond

It's a tool for practicing gesture drawing. The link explains the idea in detail.

www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

This site is similar to posemaniacs, but with photos of real people instead of renders from Poser. It won't subsitute for a real model, or for random passers-by in the street at least.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: January 18, 2012, 07:15:45 pm »

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:

Skyrim thief HO!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:40:11 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: January 22, 2012, 05:47:00 pm »

BUMPITY!

Can someone point out the flaws in this one please?

I find it horrible to look at for some reason and I just can't figure out what it is beyond looking just !!WRONG!! :S
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 296