Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378117 times)

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3285 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

@lofn:
No need to get uptight Lofn, though perhaps my choice of language was poor. I wasn't really calling you stupid you know.  :)

I've never painted with oils/acrylics. I began with pencils and went from there into PS style digital doodling.

Working a full time soulcrushing job leaves little time to sit down with the tablet, so when this "pseudorealistic" blending behaves in ways I don't expect and I can't produce what I want, I get frustrated.

All in all this pseudorealism feels to me like a very destructive way to paint, which of course could lead to either a more chaotic creative process or a more thoughtful one. If I had the time. Then again, if I spent less time on these forums...  :o

@Burningpet: Good stuff as always. The world can always use more ISO love.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:59 pm »

Made this one to be "towns" background main menu:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This thing reminds me of Minecraft.

Indeed, probably because i just recently got into minecraft. really late to the party.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 13, 2011, 07:33:47 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:14:38 am by Ogdibus »

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:42 am »

The "realistic" brushes are for people who come from traditional painting backgrounds. For them, it's the digital brushes that are working clunkily. So to each their own, really. I myself like a little of both, depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes, digital paints are too smooth to be appealing to me.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 16, 2011, 08:35:24 am »

HAYOOOO!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 16, 2011, 08:50:49 pm »

I might have asked this before, but on the subject of painting programs, does anyone know one that works on the basis of quickly editing individual pixels? Something where one pixel is selected at a time, number-pad moves the selection, and the rest of the keys make specific alterations to the color? (Like <r> is +1 red, <shift-r> is +10 red, <e> -1 red, and <ctr-e> -50 red.) I've tried getting GIMP to take this shape, but unless I'm looking over something completely, I can't without changing the source code or writing some horribly complicated script.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 17, 2011, 09:11:13 am »

So, I've been tossing around the idea of a collab project. It's sort of an adventure map thing, and it needs some interest. IF It doesn't garner more than 10-20 people in the next two weeks or so, I'll probably dump the whole thing.

Project is here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 17, 2011, 12:20:13 pm »

Got all Mused up today :D
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 21, 2011, 08:15:25 am »

Bump!
AS - IG

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 21, 2011, 08:50:06 am »

His right arm looks a little strange maybe? I think it does, although it's like 12am here so who knows, right? ??? I really like the head though, you're good at shiny things Jopax.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 21, 2011, 09:17:28 am »

Yeah, i had some trouble with that hand, in the end i just went for the best looking out of three options, still looks wrong tho X(
AS - IG

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3296 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »

Shape is fine its the sizing to proportion, Jopax.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 21, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

Somehow his right arm looks a lot shorter then his left. I have no idea how one would fix this.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 21, 2011, 04:18:18 pm »

The foreshortening didn't come out as good as it should have, i think i was supposed to make it darker, or give it some more shadow to indicate that it's very bent.
AS - IG

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3299 on: October 21, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »

The angles on that arm are not realistic it just doesn't fit with the lines of the body.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 296