Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378304 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3060 on: May 05, 2011, 07:46:45 am »

Cough.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:52:51 am by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 05, 2011, 08:00:28 am »

Ace.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3062 on: May 05, 2011, 09:30:36 pm »

I need some advice on hands...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 06, 2011, 12:32:07 am »

The most important thing about hands is to draw like a billion of them.

That's really the only thing about hands. I can't really think of any tricks for drawing the bloody things, so you'll pretty much have to grind them until you have a decent mental image of what a hand is supposed to look like from a given angle. The other option is to have everyone keep their hands in their pockets, or behind their backs, or behind conveniently placed foreground objects. The "grind" option is better.

I think www.posemaniacs.com has some rotatable 3d models of hands that you can look at. You can also use your own hands, although you won't be able to rotate them as freely, on account of the arms.

Lofn: That looks cool. Kinda lacks depth, due to not having any shading or color, but the linework looks just great.

As for myself, I made some more forum adventure / Elder Scrolls fan art, with the side effect that I am typing this in a sleep-deprived daze. It didn't take all night, but it took long enough for me to reach the don't-feel-tired-anymore-stage, so I ended up staying up a little while longer and then suddenly the sun is rising. Good thing I didn't have anything to do today.

(edit: spelinng)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:34:52 am by Soadreqm »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 06, 2011, 04:34:57 am »

Its Katia! <3
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 14, 2011, 05:46:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanted to do something special tu bump the thread but this is all i mustered, so BUMP FOR GREAT GLORY OF MOTHERTHREAD!

Edit:

Some quick sketches of various stuff, mainly focusing on getting the overall feel of the scene right, any advice and comments would be more than welcome ^^
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:03:03 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 14, 2011, 01:49:59 pm »

The middle of the last one seems empty and the borders aren't really interesting enough to distract from this.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Music

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ la
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 14, 2011, 06:46:08 pm »

Some quick sketches of various stuff, mainly focusing on getting the overall feel of the scene right, any advice and comments would be more than welcome ^^

Pretty
I want one!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 15, 2011, 10:48:49 pm »

40 minutes of coffee-induced creativity and a bumpin' reference came up with this:

Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 25, 2011, 04:18:23 pm »

Random sketches-

This one's from the previous page I was working on

"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 25, 2011, 04:33:51 pm »

Honestly? I quite like your style, and I think you'll do well as a cartoonist.

Two things, though:

• Avoid having characters splay their limbs out everywhere, like the two running poses you did. Have then move on one or two main "directions" and you'll get better, more dynamic character poses.
  • Your characters all look the same, all the time. Even the men. The only differentiating traits are their hairstyles. Don't do it.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 25, 2011, 04:59:18 pm »

Thanks for the critque, I was kinda bogged down by my finals so I wasn't able to do much. Since it's over I'll be able to work on having a variety of different characters of shapes, sizes and personalities.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 27, 2011, 02:32:20 am »

Sandvich, I really dug those sketches. The facial expressions were great; the personalities of the characters came right through. Even with their similar face structures, you convey a lot of different emotions and personalities with them.

Anywho, I've been practicing with the tablet and SAI lately. Mostly, I'm trying to get a more concrete idea of form by practicing color and shadow, and since I needed a graphical asset for a project that couldn't be found anywhere, I figured it was a good chance for practice.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:42 am »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: May 28, 2011, 02:41:56 am »

Sandvich, I really dug those sketches. The facial expressions were great; the personalities of the characters came right through. Even with their similar face structures, you convey a lot of different emotions and personalities with them.

Anywho, I've been practicing with the tablet and SAI lately. Mostly, I'm trying to get a more concrete idea of form by practicing color and shadow, and since I needed a graphical asset for a project that couldn't be found anywhere, I figured it was a good chance for practice.

I was about to give you flak for that lineart, but since it's not yours nevermind.

At least your sense of colour is decent, but since I'm awful at that I can't really comment myself.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 296