Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378332 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3000 on: April 13, 2011, 11:16:35 am »

I vaguely remember a DF fan art thread, so that should probably go there. This is more for your own works.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: April 13, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »

Some kind of robot I drew at work. I only realized how wrong the left leg is when I tried coloring it.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: April 13, 2011, 07:55:41 pm »

The only problem I see with the left leg is that the shin is tilted a bit too far towards the direction the guns are pointed. Other than that, awesome!

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 14, 2011, 12:47:21 am »

I'm getting the feeling i've seen a similar design somewhere for that robot. was it in cortex command? Pretty cool Victorian-esq detailing tho, I really like it.

aScribble.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: April 14, 2011, 09:25:40 am »

I'm getting the feeling i've seen a similar design somewhere for that robot. was it in cortex command? Pretty cool Victorian-esq detailing tho, I really like it.

aScribble.

Gorgeous.

I'd love to see what you can achieve in a "proper" digital art program, and with some extra effort.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: April 14, 2011, 12:27:01 pm »

There's no digital art program more proper than a piece of paper.

That said, digital coloring is way easier. :)

Behold, Dynacycle.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #3006 on: April 14, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »

I so want this to be my ride to school.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 14, 2011, 05:50:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Long time no post, i have been in some sort of creative slump as far as drawing stuff at home goes, this is actually an old idea that i did many times, this is the only version that i've been sort of happy with, music helped a lot with this piece, and it wasn't my usual landscape music (various movie music and ambiental pieces), so a big thank you to Frusciante and his awesome music that made me sit down for a few hours and do this :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

jrmy

• Bay Watcher
  • on break
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 15, 2011, 01:25:34 am »

I actually drew this in another thread but I'm deciding to post it here because it's relevant I guess! and I'd feel bad for posting without a drawing.

bland mountain scene.png yeahhh (it's still a wip I guess, so hmm :T)
For something simple, try adding (more of) a gradient to the mist/fog of the distant mountains, so whatever is closer (if perfectly even fogist density; probably the peaks from that angle) is darker and better defined. You could also break up said gradient a little for cloud edges. I'm not quite sure if the ♭ visible on the second mountainside is intended, but it does look odd.

I feel bad for not checking back regularly! thanyou for your advice haha - I am going to try more mountains scenes soon, so I will certainly try a gradient-ish mist! my photoshop-fu is still pretty flimsy, but I will prevail >:V and yeah haha, the flat bit was entirely unintended. I just need to look at more mountains for more ideas about how to add visually interesting surfaces I suppose!

@daemoria
that scribble is seriously amazing haha! the brushwork kind of reminds me of flashs trace bitmap function. it's groovy <3
@jopax that volcano is perfect!

gosh this thread has a lot of good art haha. I give it five stars.. out of FOUR
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 04:52:18 am by jrmy »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:59 pm »

Jopax, I think the front cliff looks a bit detached.  Otherwise that's totally awesome.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 16, 2011, 06:26:13 pm »

did another one of those doodle/scribble things.

@jtmy, that GCS is freaking adorable.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:35:30 pm by daemoria »
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: April 16, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »

If anyone here is doing drawing requests, I'd like to see if someone can do a human druid (from d&d)

Preferably not an action shot; 27 yrs, 6 foot ish, not terribly out of average weight/height

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:19 am »

If anyone here is doing drawing requests, I'd like to see if someone can do a human druid (from d&d)

Preferably not an action shot; 27 yrs, 6 foot ish, not terribly out of average weight/height

Any other defining traits? Caucasian male, I'm guessing?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: April 17, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »

So.... this is the thread where all the really crappy artists get advice on how to improve, right? If not, I'll just relocate this post to where it belongs.

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: April 17, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

forget software, grab a pencil
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 296