Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378340 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2985 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did this between 2am and 4am to play with perspective and trying to actually paint in Flash.  I kind of hate it but it's pretty striking I guess.  Not sure if the painting stuff worked, really.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 04, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »

Painted isn't the right word for it, the style certainly is awesome but i just can't put my finger on it, it reminds me of something, a cartoon  or something similar, not sure what.Also the sky is awesomley done, especially the clouds, simple but very atmospheric

EDIT:
Ok, did some playing around, got this:

So Egypt goes on to the middle ages, progressing in technology and trade similarly to China, they need large conscript armies, so they take these lance armed, leather armoured peasants that have screwy eyes that their gods are too lazy to do properly (because you don't need pretty eyes to stab people)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:09:58 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 04, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »

Always up for delicious concept art. Although I usually get overexcited when dressing people up. And my style is pretty manga.

This would be an example of my work (pencil, I just scanned and quickly changed a few values so it looks like black fineliner, also the legs are slightly crappy)

did you make that for my request? eh, sorry but that's not exactly what i'm looking for
the fault is mine, though, i should have explained it better, i'm trying to stay away from steampunky or modern technology, magic is okay, but not a priority though. the culture\technological level of the civilizations will range from bronze age civilizations to medieval europe, i'm thinking of doing some asian, meso-american, and african flavors, but technologically everybody will be fighting with sticks and stones and halberds and crossbows
i'd request that you keep in mind that these are concept pieces for 3d models, so clarity of the design is valued over a neat dynamic pose, and if you could color your drawings it'd be great. nothing too fancy, just some flat colors defining a color scheme
i'd also request some architectural designs more urgently than character designs, though i thank you guys anything you'd want to share

eh, i might post an example of what i'm requesting, i'll try to sketch up something quickly

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 05, 2011, 02:25:37 am »

I didn't do it specifically for your project, but rather for one of mine that will most likely never get finished. So I just sort of had it lying around and decided to share.

I'll try to be creative and stick to the rules if I'd do work for you (which I look forward to doing actually)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 06, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

Hi. I make .gifs.
I use them as avatars.
Bye!

P.S. This thread is 110% alcahol awesome
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 06, 2011, 12:09:56 pm »

First piece of concept art for what is hopefully to become a flash about Dwarf Fortress.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 07, 2011, 02:30:47 pm »

First piece of concept art for what is hopefully to become a flash about Dwarf Fortress.

dropbox eh? can you add my email (anatoly_mak@yahoo.com) to share that (read-only is fine)?
sounds really cool!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 07, 2011, 03:13:35 pm »

Ok, did some playing around, got this:

So Egypt goes on to the middle ages, progressing in technology and trade similarly to China, they need large conscript armies, so they take these lance armed, leather armoured peasants that have screwy eyes that their gods are too lazy to do properly (because you don't need pretty eyes to stab people)
excelent! fantastic! i'll try to make a 3d model of this guy to reward you and motivate the rest of the guys
got any ideas for architecture? i'm not sure how i'm going to do buildings, but i will need cities and military fortifications

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 07, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »

I'll try to whip something up, but i'm more of a charachter guy.That said i tinkered around with some Aztec/Incan/Mayan inspired culture, might work on it more over the weekend.
Also, since the map will be in WC3 and i haven't played that in ages i forgot most of the stuff you can do with buildings.So as far as defences go some towers and perhaps some walls since i don't remember gates being moddable, also walls not intened for people to walk on?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »

don't think of it as you would think of warcraft, the world editor is extremely versatile.
there wont be buildings in the usual sense, there will be cities with dozens, possibly hundreds of small generic buildings, the population will increase with time(depending on a number of variables, from food availability to health related technologies) and the cities will increase with size. you wont be building much, you'll mainly manage your empire by defining priorities in your cities(industry, military, technology and religion). besides cities, there will be walls, forts and castles... and possibly some kind of wonder, like a great temple, or something, i would like to give people a chance to be really creative, here

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 09, 2011, 12:26:45 pm »

Something I drew a while ago. I know the eyes are utterly and amazingly fucked up, sorry everybody. >_>

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #2997 on: April 11, 2011, 01:16:13 pm »

Something I drew a while ago. I know the eyes are utterly and amazingly fucked up, sorry everybody. >_>

That looks sort of Like Barbarossa the Seal God IRL.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 12, 2011, 08:17:14 pm »

Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)
The middle two sorta remind me of Link from WW and a Darknut

Edit: Err, I mean the right two.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 13, 2011, 10:45:09 am »

I am an edited post. Please remove me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:42:26 pm by Slax »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 296