Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378671 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2565 on: December 21, 2010, 12:43:25 pm »

I suggest doing mannequins (dolls whatever) first, to get the proportions right, then use simple cylinders to flesh it out and give it mass, this one is mostly right, the arms could be a bit thinner compared to the torso itself, but the rest is fine
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: December 21, 2010, 01:30:07 pm »

Rectangles?

I usually start with an oval/circle for the head and add some lines to that, and use a triangle, circle and cylinders for the torso.

And what the hell is up with that guy's right shoulder.  :P

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2567 on: December 21, 2010, 01:43:34 pm »

Rectangles?

I usually start with an oval/circle for the head and add some lines to that, and use a triangle, circle and cylinders for the torso.

And what the hell is up with that guy's right shoulder.  :P

Nature dont start with a circle, it starts with a tube and a tube from the side is a rectangle...

The right are is like that to discern the position of where the pectoral is with the arm's position, I normally round it down to make the deltoid.

As for the arm that is a clothier's slip, because if you've ever made a shirt, you learn its easier to make a sleeve thinner then to replace it because it's too big.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: December 21, 2010, 01:49:02 pm »

Nature dont start with a circle, it starts with a tube and a tube from the side is a rectangle...

I respectfully disagree. I don't know about nature, but I'm pretty damn sure you start off with a ball instead of a rectangle/cylinder:

I bet you'll find quite a few more pieces of evidence supporting this.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2569 on: December 21, 2010, 02:24:23 pm »

Now try to find a whole body drawing from a single circle, that is accurate...because THAT is what I intended, not just the head, duh.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:26:22 pm by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:20 pm »

Well, what you probably should do is use actual three-dimensional shapes. Anyway,

The legs, it seems to me, are too short. The shoulders are really broad, and the arms should maybe stick a bit closer to the torso. Hands are too small, as you noted. They should be about big enough to facepalm. Oh, and the face is a bit too big. Compare the Loomis one that Lord Nincompoop posted. Humans have a huge cranium, and the face only takes a little over half.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: December 23, 2010, 04:02:24 am »

Well, what you probably should do is use actual three-dimensional shapes. Anyway,

The legs, it seems to me, are too short. The shoulders are really broad, and the arms should maybe stick a bit closer to the torso. Hands are too small, as you noted. They should be about big enough to facepalm. Oh, and the face is a bit too big. Compare the Loomis one that Lord Nincompoop posted. Humans have a huge cranium, and the face only takes a little over half.

the chest is too narrow, widen it, the shoulders are wide enough so don't touch there. the arms are wide enough, if perhaps a bit short, but the elbow should be higher on the arm and the wrist should be larger, but that's part of the "small hands" problem. overall your knowledge of anatomy is pretty decent, but you should pay more attention to proportions:
the human body is 7 to 9 heads tall, usually 8, the pelvis is usually the center of the body meaning legs are at least as tall as the rest of the body itself, and the eyes are usually positioned in the middle of the head
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:13:24 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: December 24, 2010, 01:29:01 am »

trolling is an art form gentlemen.

(with the assistance of a fellow i know, we drew the landscape, and thoroughly traumatized the furr fanatics with good art)

And if the next one isn't clear; raziel is the main charachter in 'soul reaver'. he devours souls. similar to what happens in the anime 'soul eater'.

misreading board titles for fun and profit

(i was responsible for the unfinished one in the center, i suck at the charachter art, yes i do)
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: December 24, 2010, 04:00:27 am »

you know your art is terrible when you feel compelled to write "Rat" under the picture of a rat you drew

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2574 on: December 24, 2010, 04:21:24 am »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: December 24, 2010, 01:28:58 pm »

Sketchity sketch...

Spoiler: Hueg Imaeg (click to show/hide)

Problems I know of - Human spotter's right foot is wrong, and hands are missing; Il-Ayari sentry (the tiny girl) is floating above the sniper's shoulder, the sniper rifle cannon is a bit bendy, and the picture's still a sketch. I'd like general critique, and specific advice on the spotter's hands. I can't seem to figure out the correct way to draw them. Help please?

On a side note, how's my new avatar? I could've sworn I saw a "Christmas Avatar" thread somewhere...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:56:55 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 24, 2010, 02:15:25 pm »

Whoa, I got 6 new how-to-draw books and such as christmas presents. I'll start pumping out more sketches here now. Also tons of other awesome shit but this isn't really the place for that.

All the cool countries give presents on the 24th.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 24, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »

you know your art is terrible when you feel compelled to write "Rat" under the picture of a rat you drew

the cat was labled kitteh with a backwards k as well.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 25, 2010, 02:17:05 pm »

trolling is an art form gentlemen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(with the assistance of a fellow i know, we drew the landscape, and thoroughly traumatized the furr fanatics with good art)

And if the next one isn't clear; raziel is the main charachter in 'soul reaver'. he devours souls. similar to what happens in the anime 'soul eater'.

misreading board titles for fun and profit
(i was responsible for the unfinished one in the center, i suck at the charachter art, yes i do)

You burst into an iScribble room and draw technically good but unrelated things all over the canvas? That's awesome! :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: December 25, 2010, 05:28:17 pm »

Speedpaints yay
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 296