Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378836 times)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2205 on: August 23, 2010, 01:53:39 am »

I'm wayyyy too tall to be a hobbit.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2206 on: August 23, 2010, 05:14:48 am »

Grmbfrlz, OpenCanvas closed on me before I could finish doing the metal and flattened all the layers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also known as Zuhayr.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 25, 2010, 10:58:59 am »

Did a dude today, he should have a gun but it looked stupid and i didn't feel like messing with it, also i think i found my pace for stuff that takes longer than 30 minutes to do

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:51 pm »

Very nice. His shoulders are a bit narrow though, unless that's just the shirt being large.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 25, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »

Not trying to sound like a dick here, but if you're giving him baggy clothing to conceal anatomy you're not sure of (like I used to), it doesn't work as great as you may think. That being said my advice would be picking up a good book on forms/anatomy (Vilppu is pretty excellent for that, as well as the video series which is just great!) and learning a little more about drapery, meaning how folding materials rest on forms.

Still, I can see you put in quite a bit of effort, and it's interesting, I've never seen a mask of that colour before :P

Oh and looking at it again, another thing: Which way is the light coming from? Establishing that is CRUCIAL to rendering wrinkles and folds in fabric convincingly. If you were going for more of a full on ambient effect, I would recommend adding a lot more blues.
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 25, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »

Haven't you heard? Blue's the new black!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:38 am »

Red Fortune why do you keep apologising for giving constructive criticism?
I know i suck with clothes but that was because i mostly drew robots, who incidentally don't wear clothes, but now i try to work on everything, and seeing as i have a lot to work on it's going to take a while XD

I also have several great books on anatomy but really i never had the patience to go trough a 200+ page book

Edit:
So i took one of the books today (Andrew Loomis-Figure drawing for all it's worth, a really great book) and started exercising in PS, then halfway trough the doodle i get a BSOD, i go rage mode mention a few dieties and their respective mothers and proceed to calm myself with a spessmahreen, they always do the trick :)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:28:46 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 26, 2010, 02:43:36 pm »

I'm used to shitstorms arising from criticism, ahahah.

Loomis is great, and the thing on the planes of the face helped me immeasurably. Shouldn't take a BSOD so seriously if you're studying from a book, but yeah full of raeg. I've had my computer auto-restarting for updates without me saving one too many a time and so now I save often.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 26, 2010, 07:29:22 pm »

Well it's your opinion and nobody can challenge your right to it, so you go ahead and say what you thing without fear, if somebody says differently say it's their opinion and ignore them for the rest of the conversation.

And about the BSOD, i had a REALLY bad expirience a year ago, when i was still using the mouse, i basicly did something better than anything i have now, i invested a good deal of time into it and didn't save, then due to some retared gimmick of PS it didn't save it when i exited the save screen and it closed the whole thing, i went all fury on my laptop and smashed a Hello Kitty PEZ dispenser into the screen cracking the thing, now i have a crappy laptop which has a half black screen
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 28, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »

Bump, you guys are lazy.
Anyway, Stalker, also When the wild wind blows
AS - IG

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2215 on: August 28, 2010, 07:51:51 pm »

My god.
I'm used to flipping the canvas in photoshop but I just looked at a few of my finished drawings in the mirror and they look awful.
I think I'm going to check all my sketched over in the mirror before I finish them :<
Seriously, if you want to know how your work looks to others, mirror it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 28, 2010, 11:42:06 pm »

Seriously, if you want to know how your work looks to others, mirror it.
Wouldn't it look the same to the people viewing as it did when you were drawing it? It's not like it flips when going through the series of tubes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2217 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:45 pm »

I think when you draw something you get used to the way it looks and you start to overlook a lot of the problems. You form a preconception about it and operate off of that. Flipping it is like looking at it for the first time again.
For me the problems that show up are usually anatomy related - I don't think they just aren't there normally. When you take a really well executed drawing and flip it still looks great.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 03, 2010, 09:50:08 pm »

I know its right hand is a little funky, but I was really just going for posture.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 03, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »

Back is too straight.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 296