Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378802 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2100 on: July 30, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nicely done! I like it.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 30, 2010, 11:02:48 pm »

Was that meant to be a special practice? It seems like the kind of thing that would help with design; to use ~edges of a picture as the beginning of another.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 30, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 30, 2010, 11:33:31 pm »

If he wanted that he should have done something that didn't look so content and natural (I mean that in her reaction and lack of strain and chaos corruption). It's like the middle of a clean, division based, cloning process. Perhaps something she did herself to get more help around the house...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: August 01, 2010, 06:21:18 am »

With the new month i have my full speed internet back, and after shooing my mother from the computer i can finaly upload some stuff :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: August 01, 2010, 07:08:14 am »

I like Mr. Skullface there. Very menacing spikes. :)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 01, 2010, 04:20:40 pm »

I agree. All you need is to use some bigger brushes and have a value focal point with some nice blending, and you got yourself something truly awesome.

Also boo to white backgrounds, I have so much trouble working with them, when I stopped using them it was like someone with bad eyes putting on the right glasses for the first time.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 01, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »

YA WANT COLOR
Spoiler: THERE'S YA COLOR (click to show/hide)

:)
AS - IG

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: August 02, 2010, 02:30:00 am »

Something in that picture is really off, I just can't tell what. Perspective? That left wall looks a bit strange.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: August 02, 2010, 06:21:18 am »

That looks like a very small door for very small people.

No matter how I TRY to look at it :\
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: August 02, 2010, 06:26:04 am »

It's just a large room mmkay, anyway that was just a quick doodle, some color experimentation, i still haven't found a way to do colors effectively and comfortabley, until then expect half assed attempts at realistic stuff
AS - IG

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 02, 2010, 06:28:00 am »

Colour doesn't come just like that, mate.

Study some environments, either already painted, from photos or from what you see around you, go to the park or something with some watercolours.

Also, self portraits. Do them, trust me... They are godly for practice.

edit:alsoalso, it's the perspective in that room.

editedit:alsoalsoalso, I'm not criticizing you for doing sketches like that or anything; by all means, do what you like as long as you have fun and get closer to your goals.

LARGER BRUSHES NAO DAMNIT, GO TO SIZE 500px!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:32:10 am by Red Fortune »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: August 02, 2010, 09:26:18 am »

I know it doesn't come like that, thats why i am experimenting with different stuff, to find something that suits me.Also no watercolors, i hate them, they hate me, the only physical thing that has color and can stand me are colored pencils.
AS - IG

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2113 on: August 02, 2010, 10:01:18 am »

Jopax: I suggest going a lot heavier with the colors. Right now you are sort of treating it like water colors (thin translucent layers). Treat it more like your are painting the shapes, rather than just coloring in the lines you've added already. Remember, you can paint opaquely without over saturating either.

Depending on the style you are going for, it may be a good idea to start losing the lines under paint, and then bring them back later in the form of edges. A pretty good explanation of edges: here. Starting with a filled in background will help a lot with that.

Either that, or try to work on line weights and line economy if the lines are important to the style.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: August 02, 2010, 10:07:34 am »

If he wanted that he should have done something that didn't look so content and natural (I mean that in her reaction and lack of strain and chaos corruption). It's like the middle of a clean, division based, cloning process. Perhaps something she did herself to get more help around the house...

but but but... it being content and natural is what makes it so darn creepy.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 296