Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378827 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2040 on: July 23, 2010, 05:11:01 pm »

This is a character I roleplay as on an IRC channel somewhere. she's monkey-girl, and I'm having touble making her actually look female.
I have the same trouble when painting women. They all end up looking like transvestites. Or David Bowie.
Love, scriver~

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 23, 2010, 06:15:36 pm »

All right, my latest creation, it is finished!!! Well, sort of. It's the first fully-colored.. anything I've done with this tablet. And I nearly killed it in the process. (cheap Genius tablets aren't used to the kind of stress someone inspired can inflict on 'em. I nearly tore through the plastic screen on the thing)

Anyway, here. I'm going to be posting it in my thread after I get a certain quirk sorted out.
I kinda need help with the awful face and its background there in the bottom right corner. I can see that it looks wrong, I just can't pinpoint what exactly I can do to improve it...

edit: ah.. and disregard the squiggle above the bald guy's head. That's something on the effects layer that I forgot to erase. :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:21:00 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 23, 2010, 07:17:11 pm »

Yeah, Blender is pretty awesome if you can figure it out well enough to use. I took a semester long course on using it, and still can't do the more advanced stuff. I've also found it useful for converting model types due to it having a large number of import/export options.

As for your drawing Sean, I suggest fleshing out the lights on the HUDs of the guy in the suit (or at least I assume that's the guy in the suit). At the moment, the blurry multicolored HUDs make it look like he got his head stuck in a jar of semi-transparent jelly beans. Making them have more distinct edges might help it look better. And get rid of the ones behind his head. There is no reason for a HUD to be in a place which it would be impossible to see them. Any more than 90 degrees and a HUD would be a pain to turn one's head and look at. Much more than 120 or 130 and you would have trouble seeing it at all. Getting rid of those would help reduce the visual clutter, which along with making the HUD bits sharper would result in a much clearer picture of what is going on in that panel.

Take some inspiration from the new Iron Man movies
Spoiler: Iron Man HUD (click to show/hide)
It has clear, concise bits of the HUD which leaves the important bits (eyes and mouth) relatively unobscured for the audience.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:32:21 pm by alway »

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 23, 2010, 09:57:24 pm »

Lofn: That's damn sweet. The proportions and overall shapes of that bug rock. Great use of a minimal amount of polies.

Japa: sorry, my flamethrower ran out of fuel at the last furr-convention, so I guess your persona can live...for now.
  To make it look a bit more femanine, focus on the eyes and nose. Implied details are preferable to drawing actual contour lines around the features. Draw the shadows, and some support edges. Too much implicit detail makes the features look too brutish/masculine. I'd overpaint, but I'd have to uninstall photoshop afterwards.

Sean Mirrsen: i spy with my little eye, something with a tail. I hope that Elemental is packing some flamers. Also, Alway pretty much said it perfectly. The hud is a little cluttered at the moment, and the lack of distinct shapes leads to some confusion as to what it is.
---
...And since mechs and sci-fi in general seem to be 'hip' at the moment, I figured I'd share my current doodle project.

this has got so many problems with it that I want to solve before i end up taking it to 3d.
Spoiler: Doctor says cough (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:00:29 pm by daemoria »
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 23, 2010, 11:44:11 pm »

Man you're good daemoria.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 24, 2010, 06:06:46 am »

HAI GUIZE
GUESS WATH I GOT
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 24, 2010, 06:20:14 am »

Good for you, man! Now show some crazy skillz!

I've already taken to using the stylus instead of the mouse most of the time when I'm not gaming. Because I can hold the tablet anywhere and still do everything fine (well, mostly - double-clicking is harder).

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2047 on: July 24, 2010, 06:56:23 am »

Also known as Zuhayr.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 24, 2010, 08:48:40 am »

i'm considering the creation of a thread dedicated to dwarf fortress fan service, specifically, the search for the elusive attractive dwarf(both female and male).

what are the forum artists' thoughts on the subject?

I think it's a terrible idea - and this is why:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I couldn't help having a go, regardless of the fact that I have no clue how to draw the female face, and only slightly more of how to draw the female figure.

Hopefully the concept is slightly better than the delivery ...

Maybe I need to get my wife to stand for me for a few goes.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 24, 2010, 09:08:54 am »

hehe, that's fantastic! just a critic, tough, those breasts aren't nearly dwarven enough

that convinced me, i'll create the thread later today, you're all invited.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 24, 2010, 09:53:18 am »

Well it seems i haven't lost everything, it just seems that photoshop saves with a certain lag of an hour or so.After that i had to tackle the imageshack crap and when after i don't know after how many tries it refused to upload the freaking image i decided to use tinypic which is for some reason in german.In short, i have went trough a truckload of crap to give you this, so you better comment.
AS - IG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 24, 2010, 09:56:19 am »

I see you watch TTGL. I approve

also, try using pix.sparky-s.ie, it always works for me, and doesn't screw with your images.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:58:15 am by Japa »

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 24, 2010, 10:03:37 am »

hehe, that's fantastic! just a critic, tough, those breasts aren't nearly dwarven enough

that convinced me, i'll create the thread later today, you're all invited.

Yeah, thanks - the picture leaves a lot to be desired but I couldn't help but post it ...

I've dropped back in to my comfort zone:

Urist cancels rest in peace - interrupted by necromancer

A bronze collosus has arrived!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 24, 2010, 10:18:01 am »

But wait, there's more.
Spoiler: REALLY HUUUUGEEEE (click to show/hide)

Also thanks to Japa i now have a new working image hosting site.
AS - IG

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 24, 2010, 10:30:41 am »

Aargh! This should be better viewable:
Other than the humongous size, which is only a bad thing on the forums, this is nice. Is the car an existing model? It looks vaguely familiar...

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 296