Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378823 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2025 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:26 am »

Is that a laser drill? That's just impractical enough to work!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 21, 2010, 10:43:25 am »

Hah, no. Although someone should've pitched the idea to their engineers - would've substantially increased their effectiveness. Actually, that's a pulse laser - in retrospect, should've probably been blue.

Anyway. Basic character outlines:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can already guess what the armor is, as well as what the image is intended for. ;)

edit: now that I think about it, the only difference between a pulse laser and a laser drill is that the former doesn't involve actual spinning. The practical effect is much the same. ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:47:05 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 21, 2010, 12:33:56 pm »

Tone down the bullet effects a bit, not all should be visible like that, it looks wierd.Make only some visible and most just erase or just make sparks where they hit the armour.
Also, what the hell is he/she/it firing at, most shots come from lower angles so it seems that average humans are firing them, now unless there is someone at point blank range shooting at it, the laser arm is missing the target
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 21, 2010, 12:49:49 pm »

He's shooting at the robot guy - third from the top. The robot is about 3 times taller than him, but rather far away - and yes, he's missing. The robot guy's panel will include the pulse beam above and in the distance. The other characters are same, if slightly less, in size. The people are shooting from different angles, and the image POV isn't level with the ground, so laser shots seem to come "from below", when they are just further behind the "viewer".

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 21, 2010, 02:54:30 pm »

Tone down the bullet effects a bit, not all should be visible like that, it looks wierd.Make only some visible and most just erase or just make sparks where they hit the armour.
Also, what the hell is he/she/it firing at, most shots come from lower angles so it seems that average humans are firing them, now unless there is someone at point blank range shooting at it, the laser arm is missing the target

yep the bullets I was going to say the same thing.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2030 on: July 22, 2010, 03:16:23 am »

I had an essay to do at TAFE, so I did this instead.

Also known as Zuhayr.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:14 am »

Blender, eh? The main thing I see that you could improve on in the rectangularness of the mandibles. Generally they are sharp, for gripping food better.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 22, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »

Blender, eh? The main thing I see that you could improve on in the rectangularness of the mandibles. Generally they are sharp, for gripping food better.
It does look like it. Never got got the hang of it myself - much prefer 3ds Max.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2033 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:52 pm »

Yeah, it's Blender.  My PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE copy (<_< >_>) of Maya is a nightmare to install and I formatted recently, so yeah.  I really like modelling in it, though.

It does look like it. Never got got the hang of it myself - much prefer 3ds Max.
I tried GMAX forever ago when I was trying to get into Jedi Academy modding, and I found it a nightmare to navigate.  I think I refer Blender and Maya.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 22, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »

I am back temporarily from my internet hiatus/self imposed ban.

3D stuff! I know a little bit of 3DS and can make weird things in ZBrush.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 23, 2010, 08:33:51 am »

i'm considering the creation of a thread dedicated to dwarf fortress fan service, specifically, the search for the elusive attractive dwarf(both female and male).

what are the forum artists' thoughts on the subject?

also, i present you Bembul, the dwarfette you could fall in love with, and her friend Bomrekl, the dwarf that isn't even trying to be atractive and is there just for comparission

(and my previous attempt at an "atractive" dwarf female, i wasn't trying very hard, tough, or more precisely, attractiveness wasn't her first atribute)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 23, 2010, 09:05:16 am »

I think the earlier attempt is more appropriate for what you're seeking - although we have to distinguish here: "human-attractive", or "dwarf-attractive"? The one in the posted image is human-attractive. She actually looks a lot like a halfling. The earlier one in the linked image is what I'd consider to be more of the "dwarf-attractive" sort - stronger and of bulkier build.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 23, 2010, 09:23:18 am »

I disagree, the second one still looks bulky to me.
It also depends on what "attractive" you'd go for. To critique the last one: I'd hit it ;)

Dwarves probably like their women bearded, engraved, smelling of booze and cave-adapted.
Unless you're Deon, then they need to be quadruple-breasted, as well.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 23, 2010, 09:28:31 am »

stuff about human attractive and dwarf attractive

we're talking about fanservice, so i guess it's neckbeard-nerd attractive, should be halfway between the two: bulky and strong enough to be dwarfy, curvy enough to be appealing yet not being chubby enough to be considered fat.
also, the face should have a bit of strength in it for a dwarfette to be a powefull character, but still have enough vulnerability to melt the fanboys' hearts. then, to accentuate the character's innocence, we confront it with a kinky, elf torturing dominatrix

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »

This is a character I roleplay as on an IRC channel somewhere. she's monkey-girl, and I'm having touble making her actually look female.

anyhoo, flame one.

(yes, I roleplay as a furry.)
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 296