Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378998 times)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #1710 on: June 09, 2010, 05:34:22 pm »

Still looks like a mountain (to me, anyway).

NEW TOPIC TO DRAW: "The Elder"
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 10, 2010, 03:34:55 am »

What lurks beneath the hidden waters of Ascella? The scientists of Research Station 37-delta surely intend to find out.

*spoilerz; it's FUN*

*NDA'd*

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:17:57 pm by daemoria »
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 10, 2010, 06:33:47 am »

What lurks beneath the hidden waters of Ascella? The scientists of Research Station 37-delta surely intend to find out.

*spoilerz; it's FUN*
awesome.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:30:21 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 10, 2010, 06:56:11 am »

It looks as though the cave was hacked off at the top, kinda like what 3D visualizers can do in Dwarf Fortress when you want to look at lower z-levels. Intentional, or just so you can have an edge in your drawing?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:54 am »

Perspective on the ledgy thing (the one closest to the viewpoint) looks really odd.
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 10, 2010, 02:23:21 pm »

Hipppoman: Thanks :D

Nivm: Yes, that was a deliberate decision of mine. The research station is enclosed in a ice cave, so removing the roof layer was necessary.

Red Fortune. :X You just don't like my perspective in my drawings, do you? Well I've prepared something for you, a top down orthographic to 'splain it.

Spoiler: omg, wireframes (click to show/hide)

But you can have all the fun tearing my perspective in this pic, i've no 3d mesh to back this one up (yet).

Lonely reactor core somewhere in a undercity industrial substation.
:NDA'd:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:17:37 pm by daemoria »
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 10, 2010, 03:51:08 pm »

I quite like the perspectives.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 10, 2010, 03:54:12 pm »

Hipppoman: Thanks :D

Nivm: Yes, that was a deliberate decision of mine. The research station is enclosed in a ice cave, so removing the roof layer was necessary.

Red Fortune. :X You just don't like my perspective in my drawings, do you? Well I've prepared something for you, a top down orthographic to 'splain it.

Spoiler: omg, wireframes (click to show/hide)

But you can have all the fun tearing my perspective in this pic, i've no 3d mesh to back this one up (yet).

Lonely reactor core somewhere in a undercity industrial substation.
You are jesus my good sir.
Please make a amazing background for 1024x780 please. Your godly skills must be shown to all who see the computer monitor.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:31:19 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 10, 2010, 06:14:32 pm »

You are jesus my good sir.
Please make a amazing background for 1024x780 please. Your godly skills must be shown to all who see the computer monitor.

I have a request for this; make a birds-eye view of a massive industrial wasteland choked with smog and all that good stuff, and at the center of it have a giant statue-like building shaped like a giant top hat being grabbed by an equally giant hand (or just have a slightly skewed top hat).

Yes, I know I've made this request before in this thread, but I think it's a cool idea.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »

I'm sorry  :( I don't want to seem fussy, it's a great picture, believe me, and I've been attempting to use perspective like that for some time (I'm getting there, slowly), it's just that that bit stood out, because it seemed incorrect, even having seen the top down view.

My eyes are probably just retarded, sorry.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 10, 2010, 07:54:52 pm »

3 point perspective is a bitch, i'll give you that. :P And when you start messing with the focal length of it to make it even more distorted...

abculatter_2, lol. I'll give that a go when i get some free time.
3 <≡Vertex≡>

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:53 pm »

I've had the problem that everything gets convoluted with grid lines and such and starts confusing me... I'll not know which is which, and start putting points on the wrong lines... (This is with 3 point perspective, mind you)

Do you get this?

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:36 pm »

heh, i never put down grid lines. Eyeball it is my motto, and sometimes do a 3d block in if I'm completely flumoxxed by where i should go with the design. Of course this leads to areas where the perspective is off, but after staring at the image long enough, i usually catch the majority of the problems.
3 <≡Vertex≡>

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 10, 2010, 08:05:46 pm »

Gee, I can't do perspective by eye in the slightest. Then again, my spatial recognition is terrible.
Horizontal flip is a divine blessing... Though it does make me ragequit drawings because I realize how wrong they are.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 11, 2010, 12:26:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I'm curious, how many perspective errors does this have?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 296