Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 379021 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #1650 on: May 31, 2010, 06:25:42 pm »

Hello again Engravers Guild, I have been gone for a very long time, due to business mostly. I will resume posting now that I have more time (and the mojo) to draw. I'll edit this shortly with a post.

EDIT: And here it is, done in PSE, the very end of that character of mine The Truth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like how its a blank black square.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

BladeBerserker

• Bay Watcher
  • BladeBerserker cancels Life; Interrupted by DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 31, 2010, 06:32:00 pm »

It shows up fine on my screen.... I guess I have much more gamma. But I wanted it to be very greyed and slightly difficult to see, once again to help convey the idea behind it.
If it doesn't work, apply magma. If THAT doesn't work, apply Artifact Gabbro Cabinet

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 31, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »

That last picture looks like a dwarf being buttraped while another dwarf jabs him in the forehead with the butt of an axe.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

BladeBerserker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 31, 2010, 06:44:38 pm »

Actually, let's edit this post, honestly I'd rather be civil about this. I'll address your comments properly.

Hippoman: It's nice of you to reply and all, but you could be a little more helpful. Did you try turning up the brightness of your monitor? Because if anything is wrong with it, I'd say my monitor has more gamma, so while my picture is visible on my own equipment, it's not on yours. Would you like me to try brightening it? I don't mind reposting it.

I will restate it is NOT a black box. There is a picture there, it is merely a dark grey, and it would be much more helpful of you to take a stab at the problem, instead of at me.

abculatter: Similarly nice of you to reply. I did mention that it is a SKETCH. It took me roughly two minutes to draw it. Now, attempting to decipher your comment. Is it a perspective problem that leads you to the assumption that it's a dwarf being "buttraped", as you so helpfully put it? Perhaps if you were more specific about the problem, I could fix it up and make it look better. Admittedly, I don't normally use layers in PS, and I'm not a master of using foreground, middleground and background all together, but I wanted to give it a shot.

And now to both of you, if either of you posted a piece that I could not see or perceived a problem with, I would take the time to post a more helpful comment. So you could at least extend me the courtesy in return.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:27:10 pm by BladeBerserker »
If it doesn't work, apply magma. If THAT doesn't work, apply Artifact Gabbro Cabinet

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 31, 2010, 07:23:32 pm »

It shows up fine on my screen.... I guess I have much more gamma. But I wanted it to be very greyed and slightly difficult to see, once again to help convey the idea behind it.
Your idea is a black box?
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

BladeBerserker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 31, 2010, 07:28:53 pm »

I removed them, at least until I can be bothered fixing them, well done, you win. Have an internet.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:07:02 pm by BladeBerserker »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 31, 2010, 08:26:50 pm »

Tip for viewing low-contrast images with an LCD display: Stand up and look downward at the monitor at a low angle. Around 10 to 20 degrees difference from the plane of the monitor and it should approach peak brightness if yours is anything like mine.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 31, 2010, 08:45:47 pm »

I am on a CRT monitor unfortunately.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 31, 2010, 08:51:16 pm »

It doesn't matter how fancy your monitor is, a black box is still a black box, creating an image that is hard to see isn't the greatest idea. And why does everyone think it's cool to post 5 minute sketches and expect anyone to care? Put some effort into it people!

Now stop arguing and go draw.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 31, 2010, 09:44:55 pm »

I can see it just fine.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 31, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »

It's a big black box on the spoiler, but dragging the picture to the white part of the screen shows the picture, or editing it in GIMP can draw the picture out. You may have made it too close to black, or maybe the crt monitors are bleeding black too much to discern it.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37:46 pm »

And why does everyone think it's cool to post 5 minute sketches and expect anyone to care? Put some effort into it people!

I don't understand it either. Unless your five minute sketches are looking like a Craig Mullins piece no one is really going to give a shit. This isn't a race and you aren't going to get better by rushing or doodling something that barely has any thought or concept to it.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 01, 2010, 01:41:37 am »

Also, I've noticed that people seem to think that applying a blur filter to a picture or using a 0% hardness brush makes it look better... It doesn't. Also, lots of people post stuff that's quite clearly done ONLY with a transparent black brush... BLENDING IS USEFUL TO LEARN.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 01, 2010, 02:19:20 am »

Hum, red fortune bitching about blur filters...sound about right.

Well, I've become stuck on my taken up dragon's legs so now I'm going to go work on something else...(maybe a portait)(cough*duke*cough)

Just to pass time...

Also you probably should add more lighting to that blade beserker.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:21:43 am by DreaDFanG »
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 01, 2010, 05:07:01 am »

Hum, red fortune bitching about blur filters...sound about right.
Hey now.  :-\

Oh and I missed the whole "Black square" thing...

Once exams are done I'll be posting images again.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 296