Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377177 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #1110 on: April 19, 2010, 01:23:12 am »

the internet dubbed him "professor badass". He's a fashion designer/model IRL, but his appearance makes him look like a playboy/mad scientist.

He is wearing pink shoes. (not visible due to picture cutoff..)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 19, 2010, 01:30:43 am »

What, and no Hyena Guy?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 19, 2010, 01:48:20 am »

He's not bad-ass enough duke...close but not quite.

(Goes off to be sad)

Huggles Fault's art and all its niceness.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:41:18 am by Hungry »
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 19, 2010, 03:07:54 am »

Techno-viking needs more muscle, and stand up straight!

I like the idea, though  ;D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 19, 2010, 03:09:08 am »

What, and no Hyena Guy?
HOLY SHIT DRAW THIS NAO EXCEPT MAKE HIM A DWARF AND THE HYENA A GRIZZLY BEAR
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 19, 2010, 10:15:09 am »

Professor Badass as no bones in his left arm. That, or no muscles, and I can't Professor Badass without muscles, can you?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 19, 2010, 11:47:57 am »

Hello.

...your aiming skills with rotten tomatoes need honing. Either way, I'd like to have something evaluated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered for extreme size and because I just know some people do not want to see my art anymore.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 19, 2010, 01:26:05 pm »

Professor Badass as no bones in his left arm. That, or no muscles, and I can't Professor Badass without muscles, can you?
Techno-viking needs more muscle, and stand up straight!
It's a pretty rough draft, and obviously not without flaws. I should do pictures of singular characters - I don't think I can get enough detail into these group scenes.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 19, 2010, 03:05:31 pm »

I found my tablet pen not too long ago, and was bored. So I drew this (It's rather lazily done):

That is freakish and horrible and should not exist. It kind of melds to the background shadows, so it's hard to see the jaw structure. Really cool writhing tentacles.

Hello.

...your aiming skills with rotten tomatoes need honing. Either way, I'd like to have something evaluated.

(IMAGE)

Spoilered for extreme size and because I just know some people do not want to see my art anymore.
First, holy shit that is huge. Seriously. You might want to scale the next one way down. At least I want you to do that.

Anyway. 'Bout the anatomy. The way the legs are angled, it looks like her hip is somewhere below the letter 'E', whereas her upper body is proportioned to place it closer to the belt. And her feet are also angled kinda weirdly, like she was flying instead of standing, which her pose does not otherwise suggest. And the left hand is messed up in several ways. And the perspective on her headgear thingy is a bit off, I think; that right (her left) bulb thing should be pointing more sideways oh god I don't know the terminology.

Oh, and with this deformed anime-esque style you have going on here, you might want to make the hair a solid field of color (or shading) instead of this penciled texture. Or maybe a solid penciled texture. Right now, it looks kind of lazy around the edges.

EDIT:
Also, drawing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:59:02 pm by Soadreqm »

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:29 pm »

Techno Viking portrait sketch.

HMM.. it's a little big. and his eyes look a bit off. Maybe they're too stylized.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 20, 2010, 01:50:44 pm »

Counterrating...

Soad: First of all, I love the texturing. The anatomy, however, does not entirely look human. Which might have been intended. The arms remind me of a gorilla, they seem a bit longish and especially the arm closer to the POV is a bit too thick compared to the body. And the legs look weirdish, at least thanks to the pants. Either one leg is angled or you have some sort of a skirt or stuff, it just doesn't really work out.

Fault: Apart from the eyes being off-center and a bit kooky generally... I have a small problem with the forehead, but I do not know what exactly is off. Looks good overall.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 21, 2010, 05:33:51 am »

Soad: First of all, I love the texturing. The anatomy, however, does not entirely look human. Which might have been intended. The arms remind me of a gorilla, they seem a bit longish and especially the arm closer to the POV is a bit too thick compared to the body. And the legs look weirdish, at least thanks to the pants. Either one leg is angled or you have some sort of a skirt or stuff, it just doesn't really work out.
Heh, the texture is more or less accidental. My scanner is inaccessible right now, so I just snapped a photo with my phone camera. And then downgraded it to 4-bit color to clean it up. It was more or less flat grey on paper.

Long, maybe, but I don't think the arms are too thick, at least allowing for a baggy coat. The pose is kind of stretched and unnatural, and you'd probably have to dislocate your shoulders to get into it. Arms too far from the torso, that sort of thing. But that's all intentional, so it's fine. :P

You're definitely right about the legs. I think it's mostly the lower part of the coat that does it.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 21, 2010, 07:14:26 am »

I'm not after criticism, just adding something else to see in the thread.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #1124 on: April 21, 2010, 02:25:08 pm »

Making some progress...
I decided that everything blended together too much.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 296