Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377184 times)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #990 on: April 01, 2010, 09:03:15 pm »

I've finally got something.  It's big.
If not, suffice to say he's a modern wizard.  I plan on painting it in photoshop and adding a background - it doesn't have one now because I wanted something a bit wider than what my scanner can scan (size wise).
Are you looking for some correction/advice before you paint him?
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 01, 2010, 09:39:00 pm »

Yeah, you can never have too many opinions on this sort of thing.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 02, 2010, 02:47:12 am »

Fault: That reminds me of the concept art for Lord Vivec, for some reason. Except he usually hovered cross-legged, and instead of holding his sword, he just levitated it somewhere near his hand. And holding your soul outside your body is incredibly appropriate for a demon king of goblins. :)

Red Fortune: Nice phoenix. Very pretty colors. You should work on the wing structure more, though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 02, 2010, 03:04:59 am »

Fault: That reminds me of the concept art for Lord Vivec, for some reason. Except he usually hovered cross-legged, and instead of holding his sword, he just levitated it somewhere near his hand. And holding your soul outside your body is incredibly appropriate for a demon king of goblins. :)
This might be what you are talking about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 02, 2010, 03:20:37 am »

ahh vivec, I remember killing him that was always fun.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 02, 2010, 03:36:06 am »

That reminds me of the concept art for Lord Vivec, for some reason

I don't know who that is!  :P

and instead of holding his sword, he just levitated it somewhere near his hand.

Oh, that reminds me of something I drew a while ago

This is an angelic figure that acts as a god of war - in the Effigies background mythos, he created the dwarven race.

As you can see, he's taken quite a beating over his thousand years of life.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:38:41 am by Fault »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 02, 2010, 03:38:20 am »

I remember picking the lock to Vivec's house and reading the pages behind him. He told me I wasn't supposed to be there, and that I should go away. In the editor, I saw the spells he could use, so I obliged.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 02, 2010, 03:04:16 pm »

This might be what you are talking about.
Yeah! I think there was more than one of those Vivec-fighting-metaphorical-monster-images.

Fault: Lord Vivec is an NPC from TES3: Morrowind. He's an ancient godlike figure, an ascended mortal who stole divine powers from the heart of a dead god. He lives in a city named after him, possibly created by him, under a falling moon, suspended in midair by him. He seldom bothers to walk.

Also, nice war-god! :)

EDIT:
And then I drew some stuff and didn't want to double post.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm restricted to my Eee PC at the moment, and working with more than one layer is a hassle, and I'm afraid of using colors without their own layer. :P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:29:57 pm by Soadreqm »

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 02, 2010, 06:34:21 pm »

If not, suffice to say he's a modern wizard.  I plan on painting it in photoshop and adding a background - it doesn't have one now because I wanted something a bit wider than what my scanner can scan (size wise).
First thing that comes to mind is Harry Dresden. Second is someone from shadowrun.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 03, 2010, 04:13:00 am »

David Blaine :).

So, can someone pick up the job of drawing Arda leaders? :) I've decided that I don't actually need specific figures, more like "king of Gondor", "Sindar King", "Teleri King", "Chief of Khazad" etc.

I have a picture of a king of Rohan, but I don't know who drew it because I've found it on a random forum.

The style is cool, isn't it? :) Like a drawing from a book or something. My main reason why I ask someone is because I cannot randomly pick images, these will be used as images for leaders for Arda mod, thus they should look similar (in the same style, and the images are 384x512).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 03, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »

David Blaine :).

So, can someone pick up the job of drawing Arda leaders? :) I've decided that I don't actually need specific figures, more like "king of Gondor", "Sindar King", "Teleri King", "Chief of Khazad" etc.

I have a picture of a king of Rohan, but I don't know who drew it because I've found it on a random forum.

*snip*

The style is cool, isn't it? :) Like a drawing from a book or something. My main reason why I ask someone is because I cannot randomly pick images, these will be used as images for leaders for Arda mod, thus they should look similar (in the same style, and the images are 384x512).

I dunno, if nobody else (better people than me, like Fault) take it, I will, if that's alright.

When do you need them by?
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 04, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »

First thing that comes to mind is Harry Dresden. Second is someone from shadowrun.
Huzzah!  The first guess is right.  I can say I'm happy with it now.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 05, 2010, 11:13:59 am »

Went back and colored this.
The way her hair is attached to the top of her head doesn't look QUITE right, but I think it's good enough for now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:50:28 am by Soadreqm »

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #1003 on: April 05, 2010, 12:59:01 pm »

Soadreqm: Definitely coming along very well :) I think you could make the lines a little more glowy though, a la Tron. I also appreciate that it the body is nearly symmetrical but them helmet/mask is much more organic looking, even though I get the impression that it is meant to be stone.

Deon: Just curious, what are they needed for?

Fault: You have a lot going for you in the way of detail and character design ability. I think though that you could achieve a lot more depth in your images by paying more heed to line weights. Especially in your comic strip where there are scenes with more than a couple characters and layers of set.

Red Fortune: Did you end up working as much as you wanted to on drawing?

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 05, 2010, 02:42:47 pm »

I think though that you could achieve a lot more depth in your images by paying more heed to line weights

Agh, I know. I'm a lot better with depth and shadow if I use pencils or graphite - unfortunately, those mediums don't really translate that well to a black-and-white outline (they end up looking REALLY scratchy), which is another of the MANY reasons for me to catch up on my comic's coloured pages...

I should probably post some pencil sketches here at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 296