Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377677 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #4005 on: October 18, 2012, 02:47:13 am »

Now I have this mental image of robocorn going around everyone's house nicking pencils. Especially #2's. Thanks.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:36 am »

-snip-

My apologies, but typically factors like "obvious homestuck fan(not all of them are bad, but it's just a thing I've noticed)" "curt, rather rude and unspecific advice" and "other people defending him" combine to make me assume somebody is simply an entrenched member of the community who has become an entitled asshole on account of people jumping to defend whatever he says. If he really isn't that sort of person then my bad.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: October 18, 2012, 08:40:09 am »

-snip-

My apologies, but typically factors like "obvious homestuck fan(not all of them are bad, but it's just a thing I've noticed)" "curt, rather rude and unspecific advice" and "other people defending him" combine to make me assume somebody is simply an entrenched member of the community who has become an entitled asshole on account of people jumping to defend whatever he says. If he really isn't that sort of person then my bad.

No, you pretty much got that right. He's a fine arts snob and kind of a jerk, I don't really even like him (no offense lordnincompoop), but that doesn't mean he isn't right. At least somewhat.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:41:55 am by Robocorn »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: October 18, 2012, 09:59:51 am »

-snip-

No, you pretty much got that right. He's a fine arts snob and kind of a jerk, I don't really even like him (no offense lordnincompoop), but that doesn't mean he isn't right. At least somewhat.

I have disagreed with lordnincompoop in the past, but he's usually on the dot. Lately though he isn't putting enough time into his criticisms, so it comes off as harsh or dismissive.

I hope you weren't referring to me as defending him when I was criticizing the anatomy of your figures, because I did detail major issues and suggest a book to help. On another note, drawing from life helps immensely with simplifying and tightening your linework. It's something I need to work on myself.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:17 am »

To be fair to the Lord, 'not putting enough time in' is still more time than most people.

I think, personally, in a thread whose existence is designed for the provision of critique, if you invite it you should always try and take any criticism given in a constructive manner, as that is likely how it is intended (if not always as it might come across - such are the difficulties of communicating in this manner).

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: October 18, 2012, 10:35:01 am »

Found a notebook from last year. Guess differential geometry and tensor fields didn't interest me that much.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: October 18, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »

Just saying, but that eyeball-monster thingy reminds me of monsters co. (yknow, the disney movie?)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: October 18, 2012, 01:21:30 pm »

Monsters Inc.

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: October 18, 2012, 01:38:57 pm »

Well yeah, come to think of it, it is something like Mike Wazowski + Cacodemon from Doom.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: October 18, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »

I hope you weren't referring to me as defending him when I was criticizing the anatomy of your figures, because I did detail major issues and suggest a book to help. On another note, drawing from life helps immensely with simplifying and tightening your linework. It's something I need to work on myself.

Oh no, that was quite helpful thanks. Just that typically I notice that people like to get it in their heads that they can act however they want if the community jumps to defend what they say against anybody they perceive as "newer".

I did find a substantial 7 part guide to anatomy on Deviant Art that seems like a good middle-point between pure-correct and not spending 10 years on one character.
starting with this one to be exact.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31:22 pm »

lol, joss good sketches I like ur style man. keep it up! The pony one was hilarious.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 18, 2012, 06:41:46 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:48:59 pm by Ogdibus »

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: October 18, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »

That's one of the reasons I post very infrequently, and avoid some threads entirely.

That's a shame. I love browsing threads like this where I get to peek into the brains of people.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: October 19, 2012, 05:20:43 pm »

This is the only thing I've done in a while that isn't a shitty five-minute doodle. There's colors and everything. So, uh, feel free to tear into it. Tell me exactly what you think about my grasp of anatomy, perspective, colour choices, messy linework and general style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: October 19, 2012, 05:43:56 pm »

I do love your mess linework style, gives a lot of charachter to the piece and a bit of comic book flair.

The color choice is fine I guess, not terribly expirienced here myself, one thing that is kinda iffy is the pose, looks a bit too stiff. And the general feel of the thing is kinda flat, could use some shading, nothing too detailed tho, just some simple indications of shape and volume :)

Anyways, randomness, because I can't focus on anything right now, just a damnable doodle :c

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 296