Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378071 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3315 on: October 25, 2011, 10:20:32 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:15:43 pm by Japa »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: October 26, 2011, 04:59:58 am »

Spoiler: constructive criticism (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: October 26, 2011, 05:22:35 am »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3318 on: October 26, 2011, 05:41:30 am »

Spoiler: Help wanted. (click to show/hide)

Thank you for your time.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:08 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:49:30 am by Ogdibus »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: October 26, 2011, 07:28:59 am »

[...]
Until I can get a computer with at least a paint function that doesn't get deleted every other day.
[...]
I have no control over my money
[...]

Rarborman, are you typing this from prison?

I'm not going to commit to fulfilling your depraved artistic needs, and I doubt anyone wants to, either, but I think you could probably work around the hardware limitations somehow. If your hard drive gets wiped daily, save all images online. If you can't install applications, use some web-based painting applet. If you don't feel bound by the arbitrary laws of the ephemeral government, shoplift a USB memory stick and keep all your shit on that.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #3321 on: October 26, 2011, 08:40:21 am »

Spoiler: rebuttal (click to show/hide)

I'd never ask anyone to draw anything in a depraved manner, I have to much respect for art; I'm just asking for forum-game pictures anyways, nothing else.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: October 26, 2011, 08:43:54 am »

@Rarborman: Meh, I just discovered today that my local library has free-to-use scanners, and am intending to start drawing a lot more anyway, so feel free to send me any requests! :) I wouldn't say I'm that great though, especially not with perspective and such, but I'll try...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: October 26, 2011, 08:45:06 am »

Well, you know, rarborman? What the hell. I'll draw for you. I have loads of free time. I already draw for everything else. I'm not a really great artist (see: http://img.ie/1c275.png and this), compared to the others in this thread, but I draw fast and get results. When you need something drawn, PM me! I may be a little slow to respond but I'll get it done.

Yoink is also a good artist AFAIK. I'm guessing he's more traditional though, I'm all digital.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:47:34 am by freeformschooler »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: October 26, 2011, 09:17:03 am »

I could help too but only after a couple of weeks, got exams coming up so i can't really do much digital stuff, if you want scanned scrabblings i can do those without much problem :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: October 26, 2011, 09:29:55 am »

Oh, examples? :P I haven't actually had a chance to scan anything in aaaages, this is actually the last thing I scanned in. The foot, and the left arm are both a bit messed up, but overall I kinda like it.
He's an orcish/goblin warrior swingin' a sword, obviously. :) And yeah, I usually draw by hand since I don't have a tablet or anything, but occasionally I will draw something in Paint.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:32:25 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: October 26, 2011, 11:53:22 am »

'fixed the eyes. sorta.

Now with flayed wireframe. (the wireframe I'm actually working with. I just slapped a smooth on top)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: October 26, 2011, 03:14:08 pm »

Of the background image, do you want a realistic version, a cartoon version, or a mockery version? As usual, if you're after the first, I think you should probably open up a(n online) book with skulls holding various amounts of meat, ligature, and skin to use as reference (even, or especially, if you don't follow them exactly). If you're after the cartoon version, you should probably avoid all smoothing except edge-split control, because otherwise getting the details right will be a pain. I have no idea what helps a mockery, if you want to go in that direction.
 Where is the profile image?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 26, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »

I want a cartoonish version, hopefully one that doesn't give nightmares.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 26, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:50:11 am by Ogdibus »
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 296