Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378251 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3165 on: July 10, 2011, 01:59:36 am »

I made this guy. I can't help but think, however, that his left eye is pretty derpy lookin'.

Now that I look at it, I probably should have shaded. Actually, that probably would of made it worse, due to my un-skill at shading. Whatever. He lives in The Land of One Thousand Suns, where the one thousand suns constantly illuminate everything and there is no shade. So if I shaded him, it would be inaccurate! Right? Right?!

And I forgot to mention, in The Land of One Thousand Suns, everyone's hair is a dark vortex into The Abysmal Void. That's why his hair is like that.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: July 10, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »

Constructive criticism, I swear: the problem with that drawing is the same problem everyone new to drawing people has. See, when you're young, you learn to understand and draw things by shapes. So your drawing style becomes based on recognizing the shapes (in this case, eyes, nose, mouth, etc). That's what a lot people are referring to when they say they "can't draw". This method of drawing can persist until you've broken it, and the most common way to do that is to start drawing things that you see in front of you, over and over, until you understand it. Art theory (lines, light value, shapes, points of view, etc) usually are learned alongside or as you do this.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: July 11, 2011, 12:35:25 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:35:00 am by Ogdibus »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: July 12, 2011, 04:14:27 pm »

I've brought to you fine people two things today.

One is a miniature portrait. Thanks to the magic of scanners, you guys get to see it at about twice four times the size.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The second is a few more stylised faces while I was bored.

As always, constructive criticism would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:56:37 am by lordnincompoop »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: July 13, 2011, 06:28:22 am »

I was going through the illustrations I've planned for RTDMM's final update, but when I got to this one I unexpectedly decided to try and experiment. This is the first time I've drawn anything (well, digitally anyway) without any sort of outlines. Turned out to be kinda fun. I'll try it with some proper scenes later.

It's not much of a spoiler (just a scenic view), but just in case you don't want to see it before the rest of the update:
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #3170 on: July 13, 2011, 05:03:53 pm »

I decided to draw this on a whim. I didn't use any reference, beginning to end. I think it turned out well, but I will usually look at things an hour later and find they aren't as good as I first thought. I couldn't figure out what do do about the chest armor, so I just left it out for now. Any ideas or criticism would be appreciated.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: July 13, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:35:34 am by Ogdibus »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: July 13, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »

I was wondering if any of you guys do comminsons because I am making a PnP game called Maze runner and wold like to add a little art to my site.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:40 pm »

commissions as in paid commissions? i may be interested, though i should show off some of my work first... eh what do you have in mind?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »

not paid comminsons, more like asking fellow bay12ers to help me out. The symbol of the game I am making is going to be a three-headed minotaur. If anyone could do that for me that would be great.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: July 15, 2011, 10:40:44 am »

sure, shoot away, i might give it a try

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: July 18, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »

Don't post here often, about once per year or so, heh.
But I can't bother creating a conceptart.org account to post these.
Just some random schtuffs i've made over the past days, trying to do as many studies as I can, quick ones, hence the messed up faces and shit.

Do any of you have any advice for studies/exercises i can do in drawing/painting?`I just can't seem to get myself together to come up with a plan.

NSFW I would guess. There's some nudity.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #3177 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:43 pm »

Tofu: Those look great. As for advice, I think you are well on your way and only need practice. Just try to practice everyday. Also try to draw from real life everyday, even just sketches. Working from life will hone a set of necessary skills to be successful with art-making.

Also, don't fear faces, hands or feet. Draw them constantly even if it hurts your soul.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: July 21, 2011, 11:51:19 am »

well, spreggo, I don't fear faces, or hands ( feet on the other hand...) it was just a couple studies in anatomy, rendering, tone, whatever. But I found that I kind of avoided doing it properly. So, today I "reinvented" my rendering technique, and took on a couple other studies. this time painting everything.

Any more advice? : )

also NSFW

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #3179 on: July 21, 2011, 03:54:50 pm »

I like the second picture quite much. Gives off a little bit of that Red Riding Hood.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 296