Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378283 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3105 on: June 07, 2011, 02:56:45 pm »

Your style is a little odd to me, but the lighting and fire in this one are nice.

Made a Normalize pass over mine:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, it surely seemed to brighten up their day, but I'm not sure that's what I was going for. Regardless, it does seem a little better now, so that's a step in the right direction. Thanks. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: June 07, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »

This thread pleases me.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: June 07, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »

Nightmares are awesome. I hardly ever have them anymore, it's a shame.
I remember the last nightmare I had.
It was a Slender Man nightmare. I enjoy those the most because they provide a nice thrill.
It was terrifying, yet spectacular.
Edit: Oh dear, a double post.
I do apologize for that.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: June 07, 2011, 03:56:30 pm »

Love the subject in your last post Jopax. I'm a bit of a fan of the first 2 Fallouts, and that last one defenitely has some post apo badness on it.

The right arm looks a little long from where I'm sitting.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: June 08, 2011, 12:31:19 am »

"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: June 08, 2011, 10:30:01 am »

Okay, I'm noticing something here.

Derp, try doing some profiles. Or a Hitler Cam, a Dutch Angle, a curved perspective (really quite fun) or some other more unusual camera angle. You're progressing with the faces but unfortunately I'm seeing the same three-quarter view again and again (there's a frontal there, but that's it). Sure, you're doing it from the left and the right, but it's getting very repetitive.

I had the same problem a while back, but I started forcing myself to do unusual angles (such as one from the floor, or above the head) and it's a good thing to know how to do, not to mention that being comfortable with drawing from a number of angles really helps in making the characters feel more natural.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: June 08, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »

Thanks again , I have more time to draw now since my spring semester in college is over. And your advice helps my on what to to improve on my skills, and the resources that you provide. But mostly I'm enjoying keeping myself busy drawing and practicing, improving in areas that are really lacking. :) (Strange that you and Spreggo are the only two people that provide advice on my work.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:08:29 pm by Derp Sandvich »
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:02 pm »

I'd say more, but there isn't a lot of advice that I feel confident or comfortable giving to people right now.  Take the advice that I do give with a grain of salt too, as I'm very much not an expert on these things.

Anyways, might I suggest you make some field studies (or whatever you call them)? Your poses are, quite honestly, still rather stiff to me.

Field studies help. That's the core of it, really.

What about trying a different art style, btw? I'd like to see how you get on with that, and it might be a fun exercise for you too.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: June 08, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »

I drew this. Kind of half-assed. I feel ashamed posting it here. Shame shame shame. Not going to bother fixing anything, though.

Derp, I see you have more than one face model now. Excellent! :) What LNCP is saying about getting some more variance to the perspective/style/whatnot sounds about right. As it is, your stuff looks pretty well-drawn, but sort of bland. Can't really put it any better than that. :(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:10:58 am by Soadreqm »

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: June 08, 2011, 08:18:29 pm »

I drew this. Kind of half-assed. I feel ashamed posting it here. Shame shame shame. Not going to bother fixing anything, though.

Derp, I see you have more than one face model now. Excellent! :) What LNCP is saying about fetting some more variance to the perspective/style/whatnot sounds about right. As it is, your stuff looks pretty well-drawn, but sort of bland. Can't really put it any better than that. :(
I thought it was nice.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: June 09, 2011, 10:27:18 am »

Spoiler: SPACIEAL EDD FAEC! (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: June 09, 2011, 10:45:04 am »

I have to say, Jopax, you're making quite the progress. A lot of that initial blurriness is gone now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: June 09, 2011, 10:46:27 am »

I still don't like it's chin but i'm too lazy to fix it, blech -.-
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: June 10, 2011, 12:10:02 am »

Y'know, I'm not really an artist, but I tried so hard to make this look good.

It's a Dwarf, standing in front of a microcline wall. (Because there are so many of those in Dwarf Fortress.) Oh, and he's holding a pick. (The pick didn't turn out so well...)

I love the paths feature in GIMP. It's my favorite feature of all.

Looking at it now, it strikes me as odd that a creature who spends so much time underground that he vomits at the sight of the sun can be tan. Hmm... too late now.

Wow. This thread works fast. One post here, and I've already gotten so much better than I was before.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3119 on: June 11, 2011, 05:26:32 pm »

Uh, sorry to repost, but it seems my post got a bit lost on the last page.  I've added larger, higher res versions of some of the weapon sprites, so I figured I would go ahead and post it again.

Also, not to rush, but this stuff is going to be due two or three weeks from now, so any commentary on it would be nice to have sooner rather than later so any new stuff I make for this can look better from the get-go.

-stuff-
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 296