Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378806 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2130 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36:47 am »

Overall everything besides the grass looks horrible to me, but i'm glad i am working with color more :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2131 on: August 06, 2010, 09:03:32 am »

Jopax: I think your work would really benefit from some observation. Try doing some still lives or landscapes or something like that. Try to match up every color and avoid putting down marks that you don't see in reality. After some practice with that you will start to understand mass and color a bit more intuitively and you will be able to make it up on the fly when you need to.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 07, 2010, 01:15:48 pm »

I haven't posted much in a while, but i'm working on a couple drawings at the moment.

Spoiler: large, dark, abstract (click to show/hide)

Jopax: You have a great attitude dude(ette?). A weaker artist would've ragequit before now. I look forward to your progress.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 07, 2010, 01:32:34 pm »

Oh my, what a pretty house.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 07, 2010, 04:28:27 pm »

Thanks for the compliment daemoria, after all if i want to do this for a living i can't let myself quit for some small obstacle (like color, who needs it XD)
Anyway, i wanted to take a break from all the enviroments and do something i know and love, a robot thing, except now in color, i went a bit overboard with the shine but i was experimenting with filters and doing some stuff and i ran out of undos :(
Spoiler: SHINY! (click to show/hide)

Also, if anyone knows a nice way of doing those sunray things that i tried here it would help a lot :)
AS - IG

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 08, 2010, 12:26:59 am »

The knee joints are horrifying, unless it has none. Knees should not bend forward like that.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 08, 2010, 01:10:18 am »

Also, if anyone knows a nice way of doing those sunray things that i tried here it would help a lot :)

If you're talking about lens flare, I think most photo-editing software can render that for you. Just find it in the filters list. Photoshop can do lens flare and lighting effects for you, for the most part.
I know this because I've had a play with the software, but I'm kind of beyond my arty past. A 2 year GCSE course kind of sucked the enthusiasm from me. Heh.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 08, 2010, 03:10:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 08, 2010, 06:35:05 am »

I think he may mean those beams of light which can be seen coming through clouds, ect.
These: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepuscular_rays
If so, a technique which may work is creating another layer (assuming your software can) which overlays your image. At which point, create a few small dots of your light color, then use a blend and smudge tool along the direction you want the light ray to go. Never tried it myself, but it seems like it should work given enough patience.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:44:49 am by alway »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:54 am »

Yeah, it's those ray things, but no worries, i remeberd i saw a tutorial for them somwhere, and i found it, also i realized that i have to use custom brushes to do anything in a reasonable amount of time, these are some experiments including those, the rays can be seen in the second image, altough a bit faint.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AS - IG

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 08, 2010, 05:34:36 pm »

Neat, those look like studies from an actual painting.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 08, 2010, 07:30:01 pm »

i remeberd i saw a tutorial for them somwhere, and i found it,
Please link it; those look awesome.

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #2142 on: August 08, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »

Daemoria, that villa looks great.  If you did it in Photoshop, you could use the line tool to tighten up some of the edges on the alcoves and walls.  I'd also darken the shadow side of the building just a little; it's receiving a lot of reflected light, but I think it'd still go a bit darker, and lighten the values under those alcoves and on the window frames. 

I was looking through my Frazetta folder and was struck with the mood to draw Conan.  I almost never render pencil drawings, both because I'm not patient, because lines are more interesting to me, and because I suck at it.  ANYWAY

EDIT:  Guys, omg.  (The legendary) Iain McCaig is actually posting on his blog.  This is unprecedented.  Next, he'll actually put something on his website (which has had a "coming soon" sign for like, 5 years).

http://iainmccaig.blogspot.com/

Check it out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:49:03 am by Balathustrius »
You have struck Microcline!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 08, 2010, 09:05:48 pm »

http://neondragonart.com/dp/tutorials/ray.htm

It's not very complicated, and i don't quite like the way he does it (a bit too noticeable for the enviroment it's in) but it can easily be applied to most things
AS - IG

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 09, 2010, 09:16:57 am »

He? I swear that neondragonart is run by a jessica peffer... Unless anyone can correct me ^^'
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 296