Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378784 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2055 on: July 24, 2010, 10:37:08 am »

Dunno, just started doodling and it became a car, i think i was going for that sixties classic look, with curves and round lights and whatnot.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: July 24, 2010, 10:39:36 am »

there isn't really a good excuse to post such a huge image. we know you drew i zoomed out, and i'm sure that you did it in a program able to resize it properly. why the hell did you thought it would be a good idea to post such a huge pic?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 24, 2010, 10:48:29 am »

My bad, i draw on an A4 sized canvas, and i forgot to resize it before saving, only when i posted it i realized what happened, but i was too lazy to just resize it and save it again so i just spoilered it :)
AS - IG

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: July 24, 2010, 11:02:05 am »

ok, you're excused then  ;)

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2059 on: July 24, 2010, 11:12:17 am »

After a disappointing session yesterday trying to draw a giant guard cat, I decided to bite off a little less.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: July 24, 2010, 11:25:54 am »

After a disappointing session yesterday trying to draw a giant guard cat, I decided to bite off a little less.

I like it a lot ... I've stolen it for my desktop background, I hope you don't mind?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: July 24, 2010, 01:01:33 pm »

Well it seems i haven't lost everything, it just seems that photoshop saves with a certain lag of an hour or so.After that i had to tackle the imageshack crap and when after i don't know after how many tries it refused to upload the freaking image i decided to use tinypic which is for some reason in german.In short, i have went trough a truckload of crap to give you this, so you better comment.
Perspective's a bit off on the left chest-eye. Needs to be skewed more. The background is really lazy. Otherwise good. Also, nice car.

I like this too. The clouds are pretty.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: July 24, 2010, 01:05:25 pm »

Well it seems i haven't lost everything, it just seems that photoshop saves with a certain lag of an hour or so.After that i had to tackle the imageshack crap and when after i don't know after how many tries it refused to upload the freaking image i decided to use tinypic which is for some reason in german.In short, i have went trough a truckload of crap to give you this, so you better comment.

The end of the right gun-thing is a bit wonky, perspective-wise.

Also, here is a redline illustrating it and some other faults. Enjoy.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:21:09 pm by lordnincompoop »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 24, 2010, 01:54:18 pm »

i'm not sure if i agree with your red line, particularly on the perspective of the right arm... the rest of the redline isn't doing anything, really, besides changing the design of the shoulder thingie, and that's not exactly a mistake, just a design option

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 24, 2010, 02:01:50 pm »

i'm not sure if i agree with your red line, particularly on the perspective of the right arm... the rest of the redline isn't doing anything, really, besides changing the design of the shoulder thingie, and that's not exactly a mistake, just a design option
The perspective is slightly off there, and the shoulders should be skewed a bit more. And yes, the right end is slightly shifted, but it is close enough (and closer that before). Just meant that the shoulder thing should be rotated a bit.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 24, 2010, 02:17:02 pm »

eh, you're right about the shoulders angle, still, i don't think there's anything wrong with the original right arm's perspective

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 24, 2010, 02:43:37 pm »

The right arm can work both ways i guess, it looks good in either position, the only glaring thing is the body but the rest isn't so bad.Also i don't get the red stuff on the legs, i'm not especially good with posing those but here they don't look so bad.
Anyway, i have more for you to tear at, this time a landscape, here i really like how it looks a bit like a comic, don't know which it just does :)
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 24, 2010, 02:48:30 pm »

The red stuff on legs is there to show you that you should shade a bit more there, as it's pretty flat right now.

And as for the new one, is the road slanting up, the walls slanting down, or are they parallel? It's kinda hard to tell.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 24, 2010, 02:52:00 pm »

I'm not sure myself, it was supposed to be a 1-point perspective with the road vanishing in the distance, but i think i screwed up the road-tunnel transition
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 24, 2010, 03:06:13 pm »

I'm not sure myself, it was supposed to be a 1-point perspective with the road vanishing in the distance, but i think i screwed up the road-tunnel transition
Here's a redline for where the perspective things go.

Compare the two side by side, as it's kinda hard to tell with only one.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 296