Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 379037 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #1605 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43:13 am »

(/gasp Hungry thinks he can teach art?! But he sucks at art!)[*laughing* I know more about art then anyone here, even those whos art I find enjoyable, the only reason my art sucks, and it does, is that my motor skills are for shit, and thus why I find someone whom says they are a better artist just because they have enough motor control to draw something pretty very infuriating.]
lolwut?
also, were you banned or muted or something? aren't you violating a rule or a few?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:59:08 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 30, 2010, 02:58:13 am »

It looks good, although the angleing of it's leg is off, along with size and shape and some breaking as to the range of movement for parts of the body.
The most helpful thing I can tell you it to build the limb placement off spine and hip placement.
If thats where you want the body and tail you have to rework the leg and lower hip and or vise versa.
Also I think the neck could use some alterations, along with some other minor things.
Apart from those you have to make the upper front teeth larger then the back and larger then they are now, as closeness and bones dictate. (if you were to flip the size on the top from large in front to smaller in back that'd work)

It takes time to get things to work under anatomy, expecially if you draw parts before you work anatomy.

Yeah, those legs do look way off. It's weird, I don't even notice these things until someone points them out.

I think the head looks too big,even for a tyrannosaurus.Also the neck is too wide and should be less blocky.The tail looks really weird.I think you should completely redraw the tail.

I'll probably rework the entire body, I was originally going for perspective with the head size but... I think I completely forgot about that. I don't see whats wrong with the tail though.

OmnipotentGrue I want to see you draw a person (in any pose) made of balls, cylinders, cubes, and whatever else you think you need, you can use references like skeletons and pictures of people ect. but detail like hair and clothes are not necessary but the more detail you put into shape the better. This is to test your shaped anatomy skills just so I can help you best. (I learned that anatomy is an important thing for art)

Spoiler: Rant (click to show/hide)

Will do.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 30, 2010, 03:05:25 am »

That came out wrong, I dont want to sound like a troll, I write what I do and sound like one, and also like Armok...

Yes a week mute and may face ip ban for disobeying a moderator, and although it makes me look like a total asshat who doesnt respect the forum or threetoe or the comunity, to which I do respect, I'm just gonna not post anything stupid and mean and just try to be helpful because I'm too stuborn be muted...

/facepalm for argueing like an idiot over the internet
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 30, 2010, 03:48:51 am »

i'm not reporting you and sincerely hope nobody does, but you're causing drama when you should be trying to keep a low profile.
Also, stop refering to armok as if you were superior to him in anything, looks like you're trying to diss someone to make yourself look cooler, we're not on highschool here.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 30, 2010, 03:52:19 am »

Less angst more art!  >:(
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 30, 2010, 03:59:28 am »

I've got this watercolour self portrait that I want to post, but it's at my house and I'm at a friend's right now and he doesn't have a scanner.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 30, 2010, 04:39:40 am »

Cant wait to see it fault, your watercolors are always nice.

I sound like a troll and also sound like Armok, not Armok sounds like a troll, that sentence part needed clairifacation.
Everyone is good in some area and bad in others, noone is better then anyone else, even those we would call great men.

I'd post some art to rerail be I dont have any...
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 30, 2010, 06:15:20 am »

(/gasp Hungry thinks he can teach art?! But he sucks at art!)[*laughing* I know more about art then anyone here, even those whos art I find enjoyable, the only reason my art sucks, and it does, is that my motor skills are for shit, and thus why I find someone whom says they are a better artist just because they have enough motor control to draw something pretty very infuriating.]

Yes, I am aware this only deepens the hole that makes me sound like a internet troll with a superiority complex and an ego the size of a moon, but hey it's the internet, and I can sound how I like.

I'll be blunt in what I think of you, Hungry; I think you're arrogant.

The times that I had interacted with you a while ago gave me a positive view on you, and you seemed quite nice, if a little odd, to me, but lately your posts have irritated me quite a bit.

Look, motor skill can only account for so much, and knowing the description of principals doesn't mean you know how to apply them. Until you show that you know how to apply the principals, you might as well be faking; so much talk without the walk, as some might say; if you're going to say that you're better than everyone else, you need some objective evidence... Even then, it's a very foolish and arrogant thing to say.
Also, the whole magnetic head saga combined with the stuff in here, makes you seem, to me, to be wanting of attention or uniqueness... Which I can't really blame anybody for, with the world being as it is.

Look, I don't want to start a flame war or anything now, and I can't speak from the point of view of others in here, but I have to say that you need to take a look at what you post from another perspective. I don't have any preexisting grudges toward you, I'm not trying to persecute you, and I'll be happy, just have a little more understanding of how people work... People don't like being told what to do by someone who they deem to be in less authority.

Anyway, I ramble, and it's late at night, but I thought that I might as well get this out there, or I might forget to until some later time. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:18:03 am by Red Fortune »
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 30, 2010, 06:20:24 am »

Here's some robots to bring the thread back on topic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 30, 2010, 06:22:31 am »

Apart from a few inconsistencies in some, they're all good portrayals (for the ones which I know, anyway, which is most of them).

I love robots, good work!

EDIT: I have a proposal to liven things up... Let's do something that CGSociety does: Post a weekly/whatever daily topic to draw, like "Master of the Stormclouds" or something like that, and have a goal time limit!

Ok, if we're going to start this off, I nominate the topic to be "Marshal" (However you interpret the word, either as a verb or noun, it doesn't matter) 1 hour
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:56:17 am by Red Fortune »
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 30, 2010, 06:30:18 am »

most look pretty good, but the one to the right of R2D2 is just terrible.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 30, 2010, 06:41:15 am »

Ok, if we're going to start this off, I nominate the topic to be "Marshal" (However you interpret the word, either as a verb or noun, it doesn't matter)
Oooh,neat idea.I'll start sketching.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 30, 2010, 06:55:40 am »

most look pretty good, but the one to the right of R2D2 is just terrible.

BOXBOT IS RAEG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 30, 2010, 07:21:44 am »

Here's a quick doodle for the "Marshal" theme before I get back to work.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 30, 2010, 07:41:39 am »

Marshal submission...kinda...:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 296