Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Glass?  (Read 590 times)

Ladikn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Modding Glass?
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:35:08 am »

Heya...I'm actually brand new to the forums (been playing DF for about a year), and was trying to mod the game a bit for a fortress concept I have.  I'm trying to completely limit myself to only using glass (except for food), and making my fortress a green tower standing over the ocean.  However, the problem I'm running into is making glass available to make things like weapons, clothing, and beds.

I figured I could work that out by adding the adamant tag that lets you use it for everything (brain farting on the tag's name) on green glass, but the wierd thing is I can't find green glass in the raws!  I swear I've looked through all of them, but I can't find it T_T  Can someone please help me out on this?  I'm pretty new to modding DF, so far only playing with the world gen variables and making other civs playable and such.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Glass?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:25:15 am »

To the best of my knowledge glass is not in the raws, it is hard coded, which means you can't change it. But hope is not lost. You can make all of the reactions to build glass items in the smelter. In fact there is a mod that does this http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=151

Ladikn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Glass?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:26:10 pm »

Thank you so much, I'll try it out ^_^