Poll

what do we do?

Go to mountains now
- 7 (77.8%)
stay a whlie longer
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Dragon quest  (Read 13680 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon quest
« Reply #315 on: September 30, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

After examining the enchantment with mage-sight (or whatever sense dragons use), we will either go with Dragnar's suggestion if the spell structure is too complicated or we use our mirror's plane abilities to sever the spells ether-link (if it's using that shape anyway).
I meant to enter the plane of fire and look for a phoenix, though that might work too if we knew what we were doing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 30, 2009, 05:38:37 pm »

Oh, I see now. I thought it was the version where that is how the phoenix reproduces. So that one old phoenix creates enough ash for more than one baby phoenix. So,
Old Phoenix →combustion→ Baby Phoenix + X Baby Phoenix(s) where X is determined by the mass of the Old Phoenix, and the quantity of remaining ashes is negligible. But I can agree with your process here.

I said to look at the magic structure, you're only looking at the magic effect, even if it is at a significantly higher sensitivity. Does this mean that our dragon doesn't have full mage sight yet?
[another post]
 Yeah, it appears we can't get a very good look at the spell shape (be it complexity or our own youth), so we won't know how to use the mirror on it. Hm, as a prelude to our next step;
> Examine magic mirror with mage sight_

Edit: Also, shouldn't the electricity have broken the mirror? What it is made of? What does it look like with normal old sight?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:06:08 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:48 pm »

>Search like mad for anything else magical.
>Or hot

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2009, 04:33:40 pm »

Dragooble, where are you and why haven't you updated?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2009, 04:36:50 pm »

Hey. Guys. Zombie. Dragooble. Run. Now.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2009, 04:39:09 pm »

>Search like mad for anything else magical.
>Or hot

you don't find anything of the nature except a spoon that makes food taste better.

> Examine magic mirror with mage sight_

you can only see a very faint amount of magic around the mirror. the reason for it's lack of ability is probably due to insufficient power.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2009, 04:40:08 pm »

Electrocute the mirror.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:08 pm »

Use spoon on mirror.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:19 pm »

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:56 pm »

Electrocute the mirror.
we've already tried that. dragon breath doesn't have any magical power at this age.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 04, 2009, 04:50:04 pm »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 04, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »

You still haven't said what the nature of our mage-sight is, why isn't it working correctly?

> Look at mirror with normal sight. Then take out phoenix ash and use mage sight on it to see if it has any power that can be fed into the mirror.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2009, 04:55:33 pm »

How about we just leave, come back when we are older and know what we are doing. It's not like he's going anywhere.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2009, 05:00:57 pm »

What else do we have to do? This is our first magic puzzle, a perfectly good learning experience for an adolescent dragon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2009, 05:01:53 pm »

We're 45.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23